1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D-Mo failed his physical.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Dec 10, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wait, that might be too many threads. We should discuss whether it's too many in another thread.

2. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Not before they extended the QO or the 2 yr / 16 mil offer

So why now?

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The QO was only $4.4 right? And for all we know a physical could have been a condition of the rumored 2/16 offer.

4. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

So your position is that they didn't need medical info to give him a 1 yr QO, but do for a 1 yr guaranteed contract with 3 team option years?

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Noooooo. There can never be enough threads and pages for our beloved Demo!

6. heypartner

Like I said. We need to discuss this in another DMo thread.

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

OK, I don't want to read 50 pages, but this is news to me. Would anyone be willing to do me a solid and give me a brief explanation of where we're at with the Donuts situation right now? Is he coming back or not?

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Do we know for sure that there would be no physical allowed if DMo just accepted the qualifying offer? And anyway, $4.4 is quite a bit less than his first year's salary.

9. heypartner

He didn't fail a physical. The other thread is more accurate.

It says the League has stepped in for some reason and HOU, BKN and DMo Reps are in discussions about something. We don't really now what, but it isn't medical condition related, per a tweet from DMo.

I suggest blowing off this thread (it was the first, and going off of DAL pre-game rumors) and moving to the other thread, which is from Monday once the statements started coming out.

glenadyll, Zacatecas, srrm and 6 others like this.
  10. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I haven't seen anything that said definitely that he did not fail the physical, although I have a few people on ignore. DMo said something to the effect that the Rockets failed him on their physical, but not for medical reasons, whatever that means. Can you point me to a post that says he did not fail the physical? Thanks.

11. PeppermintCandy

They had a major trade with Detroit rescinded because a failed physical, so I would think it would be in their best interest to do their own medical test, if only to find out the reason for Detroit's rejection, but also to make sure that a similar situation doesn't happen again in the future. It seems like due diligence to me about a player on the roster and potential future trade piece.

Perhaps there are certain restrictions placed on how much medically they're allowed to make a player undergo.

12. PeppermintCandy

EDIT: Oops, I just saw heypartner's post that states it isn't a medical issue. So, never mind. :)

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

I have a new theory that probably deserves its own DMo thread, but I'm lazy so here goes:

DMo has built up such an abject hatred of Dorrel Maori and the Rockets that he instructed BJ to take break his (DMo's) arm, like they did to that goalie in that Sly Stallone/Michael Caine movie "Escape to Victory," so that DMo would fail the physical and be deemed as injury prone by the Rockets, who would then throw him back in the RFA dumpster. The Nets' physicals obviously aren't nearly as stringent, so DMo could pass one even with a broken ulna or radius.

Sounds plausible, right Bholic? DD?

Batman Jones and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  14. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I've said all along that he was negotiating this contract as if it were going to be his last. And I've said all along that gives me worry about his belief in himself to be able to play and play well. Otherwise, you take the 4.4 way back when and play yourself into a GREAT contract come summertime. He's a 7 footer. If he can play at all, he's worth more than 9 million a year. But again, the way he's behaved during negotiations makes me think one thing and one thing only:

He does not believe in himself and he is not healthy and he is trying to get as much as he can in what he expects to be his last contract.

Actually that's three things but they're all of a piece with one another.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This is your chance to prove you know anything at all. Stop teasing when nobody believes you have info, or share the info. Your reputation has taken a harder hit than any of the actual people involved. You can fix that by saying what you know, if you know anything. I'm not holding my breath.

topfive likes this.
  16. sheb

sheb Member

Any news yet ?

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I dunno, why are you asking me? I am guessing just like everyone else is.....

DD

18. basketballholic

https://media0.giphy.com/media/NQr9CR7KooV7G/giphy.gif

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

Same ol', same ol'. DMo getting the Dekker treatment from last year.

20. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

I think, getting Dmo in Houston is a foregone conclusion. Not because of medical reasons, but the process made to get the $35M revised deal. It looks like they'll wait til Thursday, then expect DMo agreeing on a Sign and Trade. (But it can't be the Nets who ends up with him...per Rules) Meaning, the League didn't like how A player and his agent bamboozled their way to get their way with the team the player wants to play with, by 'using' another team as bait. So the NBA will greenlight another revised $35M deal...provided the player's right to refuse a trade in the first year is removed (could be a three way trade with the offended team) then Houston has to trade him on thursday, so as not to incur the league's wrath.