1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets match Dmo offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 5, 2016.

1. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Has anyone been able to explain why it's only 31 million for us? I can't keep up with all the answers from all the different threads. Any explanation would be highly appreciated.

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I feel like if D-mo isn't rusty and is in good shape, I don't see why the coach doesn't just plug him in the team rotation for the next game, like he did Bev, but then again not everyone is the same. Can't wait.

3. mightybosstone

This seems like a smart low-risk, high-reward deal. If the guy doesn't perform between now and March 1, then you can dump him and it was essentially a $9 million deal over one season—still a huge bargain in this market. And if he does work out and ends up being worth it, then you've got a nice young front court player locked in for another season with all the control over his cap-friendly contract for another two years afterward.

My biggest concern though is that they'll keep him on March 1, and the lack of cap flexibility that gives them this summer ends up keeping the Rockets from acquiring the true No. 2 piece that would have pushed them over the edge into serious contenders.

4. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I've been saying that this team desperately needed another big body, 7 footer on this team and D-Mo is a great solution for this team and their style.

While he isn't the strong rebounder or shot blocker I would have wanted, he fills a lot of the other needs and brings a lot of extra skills to the position as well. Great positional defender that always plays hard, has a quality 3 point shot and post up game, can pass with a high basketball IQ, runs the break, willing to defer to others, very team oriented player, etc.

You can play him in situations where you still want spacing and height on the floor but not having to worry about Anderson's lack of defense.

Him as a small ball 5, with Anderson at the 4 would open up even more space for Harden. A lineup of Harden / Gordon / Ariza / Anderson / DMo could be one of our best lineups, in terms of skill and outside shooting.

He solidifies our 2nd unit while pushing Brewer into an even more limited role. Bev / Gordon / Dekker / Dmo / Nene is pretty formidable as far as 2nd units go.

If Dmo can become that 2nd option in the 2nd unit after Gordon and can allow Harden to rest even 1 or 2 more minutes per game, it would be so worth it. After our defense, our bench production has been one of the areas of concern and adding Dmo could really silence those concerns.

Dubious likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Here come the box outs!!!!

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Highly doubt Harrell sits. Dudes been playing great and I've always said that it's never a bad thing to have too many bigs. This gives NENE much needed rest until PO come around

8. pocketrocket81

9. pocketrocket81

Can someone tell me what free agents in 2017 besides the obvious pipe dream of Durant or Blake Griffin that would put us over the top and be considered the 2nd piece? That is if we have the cap room flexibility ...by waiving Dmo or trading other pieces?

10. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I find myself wondering if this move contemplates Demarcus Cousins being available at the deadline. If you move Capela and Trez for Cousins with Brewer and KJ for salary matching purposes, you could get a rotation like this:

PG: Beverley/Ennis
    SG: Harden/Gordon
    SF: Ariza/Dekker
    PF: Anderson/Motiejunas
    C: Cousins/Nene

Really, Ennis would stay on the bench with Wiltjer & Onuaku, giving you a 9 man rotation that would keep everyone's minutes reasonable.

Of course, it would take more than Capela and Trez to get Cousins. I'm thinking you have to give your 1st round pick, Denver's 2nd round pick, plus the rights to Zhou Qi. I don't see how the Kings could trade for a center better than Capela.

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Welcome back DMo. Nets, where RFA go to get an offer so their team can match.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Trade bait for the summer. Murray is a genius

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

How upset is Jim that Bob was cut?

Texanasiafan likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That first video is incredible. I remember seeing that play and being floored by it. He never looks at Harden. I'll add this - damn, I'm going to miss Bill calling games next season.

Don't be stale, Donuts!

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Can't trade him for 1 year, so December 2017.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You sound like Captain Jackass.

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

i guarantee he will be rusty. the way the team trains is a buttload different than the way he independently trains. he will become winded running in this offense.

i think we have to give him 2 weeks at least to get back to form

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Zaza Pachulia

Whose probably going to have a ring that none of the current Rockets have yet.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Between Gordon, Dekker and DMo, we now have enough offense on the 2nd unit to rarely have to rush Harden back in to save us.

Looking forward to watching DMo in the post surrounded by quality shooters.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member