1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

They fight at 160. The flat offer is absolutely bullshit and is a ingenuine offer from goldenboy, and its painful to see that not many can see it. This is the biggest fight in boxing right now and would do $1M+ PPV buys. Either Canelo or Golovkin KO's Saunders for the WBO strap in early 2017 then the fight happens Sept 2017. Anything beyond that, then Canelo doesn't really believe he can beat GGG.

He went against his promotors plans with Lara and other dangerous fights, but suddenly gets onboard and talks a whole bunch of **** post fight? Not gonna fly. It should be clear to all that hes doesn't want any business fighting a bigger stronger guy, after all he's made a career of being a mack truck relative to his opponents. Not saying he isn't supremely talented, but there is an element of danger against Golovkin that there isn't against smaller men.

2. what

what Member

Canelo is a bigger draw than GGG, and it's proven. Canelo's fans buy his fights. GGG can't even get a PPV match.

3. gambingo

gambingo Member

Pacquiao vs Vargas tonight

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's an 37 year old man moving quicker and hitting harder than Vargas

5. VanityHalfBlack

Zhou Shiming is legit. He just need power. Dude looking like a Fortune Cookie Sugar Ray Leonard over here.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Stephen A Smith commentary is worth the fight alone. This guy, LOL.

7. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

The Nonito fight was painful to watch. Dude just kept going for the home run punch that has bailed him out of being outboxed in almost every fight since his lost to Rigondeaux.

Pac looked good. Cautiously aggressive which makes him a less exciting watch during his run through the weight classes. Arum's already trying to say a Mayweather rematch is a 75% thing. As we've said around here, I'd rather see him fight someone like Crawford or Thurman.

2 weekends until Kovalev and Ward. Excited to see that one.

8. gambingo

gambingo Member

not looking good for Ward from how he handled those jabs from Kovalev

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

How did Ward win this...Sergey..beat him...

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

perez was robbed in broad daylight. kovalev was robbed too but it was more of a cat burglary.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Maybe understand a split...but all the judges with a UD 114-113?? WTF?

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I feel like Kovalev just got robbed but it was that close that I can understand that decision. That was a good fight.

13. EssTooKayTD

I had Kovalev, but I'm not surprised by the decision. Ward landed a decent amount of punches when they were clinching/wrestling. Kovalev was noticeably slower and ineffective as the fight wore on.

I thought it was a great fight with great tension. Ward really showed why he's so good. Kovalev claims he wanted to show people a longer match, not a short one. Well, he should know better. Never let it go to the cards if you are claiming you can stop the other guy.

I hope he exercises the rematch clause that Jim Lampley says was in the contract.

14. dragician

dragician Member

LAS VEGAS MAFIA STRIKES AGAIN. GLAD I DON'T PAY TO WATCH THIS ****.

15. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

wtf i leave for one second and walters quit wow. the fight was close to hell with hbo and biased commentary, walters eating up lomos body, guess walters thought he would get robbed like againist sosa

damn walters got the dreaded "I beat donaire" curse

16. EssTooKayTD

Really? I didn't think it was that close. I didn't think for a second that Walters or his corner was close to quitting either though. I thought Walters should have been going to the body more often and earlier. The last round, he was getting touched pretty easily. He stated post-fight he was hurt, and didn't want to risk his health. I don't know if I buy that. Maybe he just saw he was beat, and didn't see any point in going out to take punishment. That or he was told to throw the fight. I really thought that fight was going to be a decent one going in. Too bad.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I am so impressed by the judges for this one. I had the fight scored 115-114 and the judges all went 114-113. Fighting is not always about winning early rounds impressively, it's about meticulously getting every round you can. Ward did that and looked so solid late in the fight. He was fearless of the monster once the 8th round passed by. If Kovalev wanted to win, he should have been in better shape or been more aggressive in late rounds. Did he really think a master like Ward was going to let up on him because he punched hard? That's the old way of thinking and the way Pac-Man fans thought about Mayweather. Skill matters a lot. Kovalev forgot it was a boxing match of skill and lost by one round of being hesitant or possibly just not being able to win the round.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Klitschko Vs Joshua now official, April 29th at Wembley.

19. Beavis Stiffler

Charlo vs. Canelo @ NRG Stadium, May or Sept. 2017? :cross fingers:

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member