1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Annoying Commercials

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MystikArkitect, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Buck Turgidson

There's a special level of hell for Fred Thompson and the reverse-mortgage industry for taking advantage of old people.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Dear god, so much this. I hate those f**king commercials with a burning passion.

I also don't care for screaming Terry Crews old spice commercials

3. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8nWHoEltGl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't know what I'm going to do if they play these commercials every Saturday and Sunday of football season...

4. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Peyton actually has more time now for more & more commercials,I wonder if he will work for his Alma Mater in Knoxville in the near future. He could also buy a piece of a NFL team, who knows?

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not so much annoying, but the Sour Patch Kids candy commercial on IHeart 790 leaves me wondering, "why is little Sour Patch advertising so much"?

Do you not like song? I haven't seen anything terribly wrong with these and I don't particularly like the song or Peyton.

6. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_ozmx_NeEAE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Sauvage with Depp: This was taking blue screen and the whole I'm too cool thing too far. It reminds me of the Nelson Twins video with the volcano.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LnoumTpLMfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Also, Comcast, seriously, your going to be on time for your technical service, lol. How long have you been in business now...

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The WORST commercials of ALL TIME are those new Gatorade commercials. They have like 3 different versions.

"You say insane, I say I train." And so on. They seem to last for half an hour and they could not possibly be more stupid or annoying. I have to turn off the audio as soon as it comes on otherwise I get all pissy. Just terrible.

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

You guys need to step your DVR game up. I haven't seen most of these.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The gods are cruel and have seen to it that the remote is always beyond reach when those stupid Gatorade commercials come on.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Couldn't agree more. Just stupid and annoying.

I like the Peyton commercials...especially the grocery store one. I'm sure they'll have more going throughout the season and, yes, it will be on A LOT.

13. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Flo from progressive. Pale, bloated, not funny, unattractive,annoying, etc

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Part of what makes it so tortuous is after you have to listen to their stupid rhyme you think, well at least it's done. Then the narrator says something like "let's play it back" and then they do the whole GD rhyme all over again. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Can we include commercials from Pandora app? I hate hate hate the Sterling McCall Acura commercial only because of the way the guy says Acura. It sounds like he's biting into an apple while saying Acura at the same time.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I tend to dislike commercials that attempt "hip lingo" and attitudes. Because their depictions NEVER come across hip or cool or very appealing, even if its just ONE word of lingo.

I'd rather a commercial just stay square with a direct hard sell with square lines. And leave all the snarky non-sequitor attitude in real life instead of trying to "capture" it.

Just record image of the Ford car driving at night with the city light reflections going across it, the background narrator telling you about its performance and sophistication, the running car stops in empty studio room side view to the camera, name of brand and MRSP price comes up and be done with it. Dont need 2 jackasses bantering about whatever to sell it

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Anothe late response

Same here about radio ads. Not much to be done to avoid them.

Dislike ads where a "singer" is hired to perform a jingle, usually a LONG one. And can hear singer treating it can get them "discovered", but despite sincerely working so hard theyre just NOT that GOOD. And you think "Poor thing, give it up but you probably sound good in church". I dont wanna CRUSH that REAL person's dreams! But I wont switch the station either.

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Hey, it's football season. Here come all the douche-y fantasy/gambling ads. Man, I hate those with a passion.

And on radio ads, I hate any commercial where they repeat the 1-800 number more than twice in rapid-fire succession.

19. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Just moved back to Houston from Calgary, and the only thing I learned while away is that Mazda is pronounced "m(a)zda" (think of the vowel sound in "back") in Canadian commercials, and its pronounced "m(ah)zda" (think of the vowel sound in "lock".) in American commercials.

20. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

It's the fact that the same one often gets played twice in a single commercial break for several commercial breaks in a row.