1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How About This Weather We've Been Having?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, May 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Buck Turgidson

2. tested911

tested911 Member

Same. When people were b****ing about it, all I kept was thinking was like do you note remember August? Now it looks like the damn heat arrived a bit early and is HOT as HELL.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

After spending a week in Western Montana this is torture.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just got back from 8 days in Washington. Never got above 80 and had camp fires each of the nights we camped in the mountains just east of Seattle. That first step out of Intercontinental was very depressing.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL, just got back from 10 days in California (San Jose, Napa). And while it was nice seeing mountains and trails, I actually missed the heat and humidity, and glad to be home.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yup. Nothing says "welcome back to Hell" like that first step out of the terminal. Even at 11PM.

We flew into Spokane and it was near 90 but still felt great. Dry, mountain air. 55 at night. No need for AC, just open up a window and let the fan run.

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Getting a decent soaking in Sugar Land right now, never been so happy to hear the rain on the roof!! :grin:

8. Buck Turgidson

Glad it's raining somewhere in TX. The Hill Country has just burned up in the past ~ month, springs are dying, topsoil is frying, grassfire season is here again.

But the lakes are full again so the city people think nothing's wrong and they b!tch when you don't let them water their yards every day.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It's thundering at my crib around briar forest and dairy ashford. I love the rain but I just got finished washing the 06

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

^^^ I love the rain too at this time of the year but I am sorry about your living location. I pity you.

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I know it is an older article but...

<a href="https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2015/07/30/iran-city-hits-suffocating-heat-index-of-154-degrees-near-world-record/">It could be worse...</a>

12. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Got some rain at the house last night. Of course, I was outside watering a plant and the grass. Was going to wash the cars next, but it rained. Not complaining. Was pretty happy we at least got some. Grass is started to brown out a little, and I don't have the bank account to keep it as green as it was in May and June.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

We also got a nice shower. I wish for a bit more rain but otherwise I've been loving this weather. Just avoid outdoors noon to 5ish and it's great weather for getting **** done outside for either work or pleasure.

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I detailed my truck, inside and out, on this past Saturday. Even while under the shade of my carport I stayed drenched in sweat the entire time.

I got lazy with turning on my sprinklers the last couple of weeks and its really starting to show. The azaleas appear to be burnt to a crisp and the KO roses are looking like they're about to go down for the count. I went through and scratched at the stems yesterday and every thing was still green underneath, so luckily there's still life. I've been watering for extended lengths everyday, so fingers crossed. The lawn is starting to look a little thirsty too, but another round of fertilizer and regular watering will do the trick.

15. leroy

It was a quick downpour that came through The Woodlands yesterday. Did well to cool things off a bit before my 8 pm soccer game. Unfortunately, it made it a humid hell. Not sure if I've ever sweat that much before.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Been raining all night. Pretty heavy. Flash flood warnings for where I'm at but only slight flooding in the streets so far.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Drought. Flood. Drought. Flood. Drought. Flood.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Texas.

DD

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

For real. I know climate change is a relatively slow process and the recent weather is, in fact, just weather but I can't help but feel like this is the new normal. Mild winters, blistering summers and alternating droughts and floods.

I have plants in my backyard that previously showed no stress regardless of how hot, cold, dry or wet it is that either died or are on death's doorstep just from the heat earlier this week.

20. leroy

While I'm happy to have some rain and cooler temps, I'm kind of pissed. My boss comes in town this week from Wisconsin. When people come to visit me from places that are much more pleasant in the summer, I want them to suffer with me as if I would be visiting there in the winter. Instead, he gets rainy and low to mid 80's all week. He'll just tell people it wasn't all that bad. When I go there in December, it'll be -15 and snow.

Complete and utter bulls***.