1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Caught 22, seen 25. I'm only level 6.

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

What lol? People have been crazy about pokemon since it was first released in the 90's.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Actually I'm pretty sure the Holocaust Museum is free.

4. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Well...they didn't have you drones out in the streets going where your Pokemon phone tells you to go. I'm just saying...don't be surprised when the Japanese round you up and unleash their terror on you with all these subliminal messages you'll are getting from the app. ;)

#PokemonTerror

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Use same technique, but also use nearby tab. closest pokemon is top left. next closest is immediately to the right and continues on like reading. If Pokemon starts moving up the list as closest Pokemon, you are walking right direction. when he starts dropping down the list, you are walking wrong direction (usually let him drop 2-3 spots before altering direction). This works well to get you in the right direction even when he's still three tracks away, but only useful around a lot of Pokemon.

Nearby Pokemon Grid. Lowest number is closest.
    1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8 9

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Stupid grid is what pisses me off the most about this game which is why I've missed out Ina couple of good ones: Onyx, cubone, clefairy, vulpix and ivysaur. All because I couldn't figure which direction to go.

8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

A ton of professional folks at my work were walking around our corporate campus today at lunch and in the afternoon looking for their Pokemon. Quite a few on campus including some rares.

This thing continues to blow up.

9. SunsRocketsfan

I work at the University and it's hilarious watching students, staff and even professors walking around campus looking for pokemon. BTW the campus is filled with them.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Anyone get the one in Fort Knox?

11. 713

713 Member

I found a CP 640 Lapras at the Galleria today.

12. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I ended up catching 67 tonight. I stayed away from the regulars (pidgey, rattata, and venonat). Went to a nice little park in Barrington Place/Meadows Place and got a 903 Scyther. That's definitely the highest level I've caught and it's now my 2nd strongest overall.

If anyone wants the Exeggcute they're all over the Eldridge Park on Eldridge and W Airport.

Has anyone seen any of the legendary birds?

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Have they been released? I'm thinking they'll releases the legendaries as a special event type thing.

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I still haven't played this, so srs question... how long does it take to catch 67? Have you had to spend anything in in-app purchases (if so, how much)?

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this is getting annoying now.

16. Ricksmith

I use an item called Incense that attracts Pokémon for 30 minutes. While I was at work this morning, I caught 5 or 6. I got my truck washed during lunch and caught a couple more, including 1 in the car wash. I had time to kill during lunch so I drove around a neighborhood by my job. It's 1 huge lap around a lake. I drove down every street with the Incense on and caught 24 in about 30-45 minutes.

Then after work I walk laps around parks and collect Pokémon as I walk. Went to 3 different parks to walk tonight.

I had a $23 Google Play credit and used $20 of it on pokecoins. That's how I got so many of the Incense and expanded my item storage.

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Thanks for the explanation. So without spending money on Incense, it would take a long time to catch that many? Is it possible to be successful in the game without spending anything at all, or it basically a requirement?

18. Ricksmith

There are "pokestops" all over the world that give you free items, and it's possible to get an Incense from it. I've gotten 3 or 4 from there. You can still have fun without spending money. There are Lure Modules that you can buy (very rare to receive from pokestops) and use at any Pokestop that attracts them to that location for 30 minutes. They are public, so lots of people show up. Pretty much everywhere you go you'll see a stop with a Lure Module (it has pink hearts all over it). Someone else obviously put it there, but anyone can take advantage of it.

I caught several that way earlier when someone put 3 lures right next to each other.

1 person likes this.
  19. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

20. Buck Turgidson

It is fascinating to watch this from the sidelines. Wow.