1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone use Kodi?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Jul 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dragician

dragician Member

I ended up using Circle Pay.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

what skins are y'all using these days?

Currently using SpinzTV

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-shadow-builds-kodi/

Any other suggestions? I mainly just want the Live Sports, Movie, TV Show categories, others are nice like the Kids, Live TV, but mainly use the first 3

Still using it on my Fire Stick, have it installed on my 7in Fire Table (2015), works flawlessly, still need to install it on my Jide Remix Mini Box

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Nice bump, although I can't really help with the Skinz. Still trying to get streams to work.

I had good success with the Pro Sport add-on that scrapes reddit streams so I can watch Stros games. I am in DFW area but I have never gotten the Stros to stream as well as certain games just don't seem to work. I can always get the Yankees or other popular teams it seems. My question is that do I need some sort of IP Vanish or unlocator? That doesn't really make sense that I would be "blocked" from seeing a stream but I can't figure out why the streams won't work. I do need to clear my cache as maybe that will help? I am using a Fire TV box.

Anyone know any other add-ons that stream MLB games?

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I use several apps for sports and they all suck. Its just links to places i used to go to anyway on my browser like firstrowsports. It just gathers those links and puts them in 1 place. Bleh.
    The movies and tv show apps are cool, but for some reason they all play in 2 channel and are garbage video quality which i cant really stand since i have a 7.2 system and a nice LED tv(yes i changed the settings for surround and video quality..still 2 channel stereo and 480p looking videos. I have 120mbps speed btw). I want the best quality, so im better off just downloading from torrent sites in the highest quality possible.

Kodi just aint for me, but i can see why it's popular.

5. Dave2000

downloading skins is the best way to go since they install all the AddOns for you automatically (along with auto updates) and sets them up in a nice user interface

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I mainly use the Castaway add on for my sports fix and ATDHE.net as my source and have had good luck with them. They may not be 1080p streams but in most cases pretty stable 720/480p quality.

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly. I much rather download movies from a torrent site. Kodi is useless for sports (football and basketball).

7. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Anyone of you CF fire sticker advanced users wanna trade "kodi" detailed installation on my regular Amazon fire TV stick (maybe for $25 type sports memorabilia trade OR for some Rockets bobbleheads like Francis OR Boki?

IF SO lets do it, I will get my AMAZON PRIME DAY item by this THURS July 14th + by Friday 15th want to start practicing how to download add-ons.

#107 ron413, Jul 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  8. Saado

Saado Member

There is actually an addon called Pro Sport that has HD streams for basically any sport I've tried. I'd give it a look. It gathers links from Reddit which are often better than the other addons.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Someone sold my father in law some generic streaming box ("Smart Stream" or something like that) that was jailbroken with Kodi and gives him access to tons of premium content. He told me it's legal cuz it doesn't record everything lol. I said ok, ok, he's a law-abiding America-loving dude and I didn't want to break it to him.

I think I'll tell him at some point though because he's in a small town and will tell everyone about it.

(Not that I care cuz I've done more than my fair share, just want to make sure he doesn't go and talk himself into trouble.)

10. ron413

just bought mine + item coming in mail Thursday, great info so far on the KODI program.

for CF peeps with a basic version of Amazon fire TV stick, after I install KODI (thanks to Moes link) what is very next step to pimp the stick up? Did anyone here purchase a KODI "all-in-one" favorite add-on? Say for example DAVE 2000 is there a free better version of something similar to that SPINZTV 2.2 version?

I see on your tutorial link it mentions handful of options :

Spinz TV Premium Lite
    Spinz TV Mimic
    Spinz TV 4Kids
    Spinz TV On Fire
    Spinz TV Skeet

#110 ron413, Jul 12, 2016
  11. Dave2000

First off when you get your FireStick, make sure you have the most updated software, I went through 3 updates when I setup my sister's FireStick. It's not necessary but slows down your download for Kodi since it downloads the update in the background when you first start it up.

newest Spinz build out is 2.3

the popular one is Premium Lite which majority of people use, I personally just changed over to the Hard Nox build which looks a little cleaner to me and it adds a bit more add on video apps (adult stuff, WWE OnDemand)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New build loaded.spinztv hardnox <a href="https://t.co/PYF1an1JwK">pic.twitter.com/PYF1an1JwK</a></p>&mdash; Spinz (@spinz_tv) <a href="https://twitter.com/spinz_tv/status/743021459631529985">June 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

best way to install different builds is through Ares Wizard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MiScTOcjj0

you can experiment with other builds, but I found Spinz being the best. Another good tip is to download the Fire Stick Remote app on your phone/table, a lot easier to type address then going through the remote

Feel free to ask me questions if you got any, email me through the board if you want. I've been learning it on the fly the past few months :)

#111 Dave2000, Jul 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. ron413

Great tips Dave, I am still waiting for my AMAZON stick in 48 hours but I downloaded the AMAZON "fireTV" remote app in iphone APP STORE + it starts searching for "FIRETV". Guess that APP will accept stick once I get it Thursday.

I am just a tiny bit nervous on how these "step-by-step few tutorials" seem so easy at first, but then with my lack of technical savvy it could be few minor mistakes OR that I may somehow screw up that ideal KODI download+ SkinsTV "HardNox" via AresWizard simplified all-in-one build ...but guess anything can be deleted + redownloaded few times to get it perfected like yours. it sounds like a fun weekend or month long project =) I just hope to get it all figured out by early September for Football season!

FYI This www . thefirestickguru .com guy almost got me to commit to $90 fully loaded SkinsTV KODI stick because of the Customer Service future help he provided LOL

...so this $27 AMAZON PRIME-DAY discounted + ClutchFans free support version seems like a great deal.

#112 ron413, Jul 12, 2016
  13. Dave2000

YouTube Tutorials are pretty easy to follow, way better than reading it from a site that has steps written out. Just look for the newest tutorial vids since the older ones that are a year or older are pretty much absolute with the different older software versions that are out there.

Ares Wizard is the way to go for experimenting with different builds, it has a feature where you can do a "Fresh Start" by deleting the current build and installing a new one, instead of the longer way of clearing out the build from Kodi itself.

I love using it with FireStick since I also use Sling TV/Hulu/Netflix/WWE Network/WatchESPN on the same device. The Android Boxes you can buy on Amazon for like $30-40 are good alternatives since you can plug in keyboard/mouse via USB port, view/watch your native files from a SD card, and has built in memory cleaner to make it run smoother.

I found a guy on Facebook that sells these FireSticks with Kodi/Spinz installed for $80, and Android Box for $100. He does great support though for others, I'd suggest joining his group, it's mainly for his customers, but he accepted me. He has a great post with his own videos on running maintenance on your device and tweak video add-ons such as Exodus and Specto. Give him an add if you're on FB, do a search for "Houston Firesticks for Sale & Support".

If you have a spare PC to use, you can install Kodi on your PC (Windows/Mac) and experiment first on there, then move on to the Fire Stick. It's pretty much the same way to set it up, just a few more steps on the Fire Stick.

14. ron413

Making 80% progress last hour but not able to do the official KODI via Ares Wizard tutorial file add-on (so no SkinsTV yet). Dave, I am unfortunately stuck in no man's land and kinda struggling with the "ares wizard" tutorial https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-shadow-builds-kodi/ as far as official execution of the installed zip file deal.

Of course I did the ES File Explorer icon + then I downloaded the KODI 16.1 "apk" icon for installing on firestick 1st steps tutorial.

Can I contact ya today after work OR tomorrow better!!
    OR any clue on what is stopping that download from executing?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnWmEqLUMAApQxT.jpg

#114 ron413, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  15. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I use the ares wizard and sometimes there are issues that may last a day or so.Everytime I had problems it was on their side. I use it on my lgg4,tablet and pc but have never used it with a firestick

16. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Try to install a different build and see how that goes.You can always go back and fresh install whatever isnt working,sprintz or whatever.I have been using Pulse lately

17. ron413

Success, after nearly 10 afternoon / evening attempts got that ares wizard crucial step where finally saw a notification that "Add-On Enabled" in lower right hand corner of this screen.

Now I am doing the very 1st BUILD attempt to download Spinz as we speak to see what all the hype is about.

18. Dave2000

damn, just saw this, sorry about that, was busy at work

let me know if you got any other questions

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I had been using Kodi on my Remix Mini for a while with the stock look. Just tried SpinzTV skin and after a brief learning curve I really like the look. Thanks for the recommendation!

20. ron413

Dave, I did the Spinz TV Hard Nox build + its kinda cool looking but if I wanted to try the "Premium Light" other SpinzTV secondary ones should I always just do fresh installation OR is everything just appearances and all the cool stuff is already built into "Hard Nox" thing I downloaded at 1st install?

What other program add-ons were crucial afterwards over the last few months of you experimenting with Spinz?