1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conley still thinking about meeting w/ Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Levi, Jun 30, 2016.

1. BackdoorHarden

Marc Gasol made ALL NBA 1st team just 2 years ago and made ALL NBA 2nd team 2012.

I guess he's the same guy that said YAO MING SUCKS even though he made ALL NBA every year when he wasn't injured.

2. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

For a second I read the title and thought it said Corey Brewer still thinking about meeting with Rockets. Whew.

3. ling ling

ling ling Member

Draft, trade for, or sign lottery players.

The Rockets had 2 former top 2 picks playing together the last 3 years.

4. Chamillionaire

A healthy Gasol is probably the 2nd best C behind Boogie.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is he still going to meet with the rockets?

he can now buy the astrodome if he wanted to

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

153 million reasons not to. I'd haul back to Memphis and sign before they realize what they're offering.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

$153 million dollars for 5 years. Wow. Just wow.

He's getting paid more than $8million than LeBron was making last year.

8. caneks

caneks Rookie

Man, Memphis will be going to nowhere. 30M/year for Conley? They can be good to get to second round playoffs for next season, but for seasons after that? lol.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

The saltiness is real here. Criticizing them for what? Making moves to improv like theyre supppsed to. As a rockets fan we aren't in much of a position to be laughing at the moment

10. amaru

amaru Member

11. chandlerbang21

A prerequesite to being good in the western conference is to have an above average PG that can handle the ball, score and lead the offense. Problem is there arent many of them in the league.

12. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

5. Heatles broke up and Lebron become Prodigal Son, so the media stopped hating him.
    4. Curry became Basketball Jesus with his Apostles, so everyone fell at his feet.
    3. Kobe got hurt and then forgiven because he was retiring.
    2. Harden took over mantle as "ball-hogging Star who is preventing his team from winning," with the team actually stopping winning so it became truth.
    1. Every team had cash on hand, so everyone can get paid. Money is No. 1!!

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

In a few years, NBA will declare a lockout again because management overpaid this FA year haha

1 person likes this.
  14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Things change. Allegedly, Dwayne and Whiteside aren't on the same page. He doesn't have to sign unless his agent (whom is great) thinks this is his best chance to grow. Second Fiddle to Dwayne will age his growth. You need a man who teaches post moves (Hi, Dream)It sounds like Miami wants a Shaq-type with a dominating dunk-skill set, bt HW is way more talented on many levels, especially with a lean body and the drive to succeed after all f of the rejections. Houston could nurture that, and that's the appeal my EARS have heard. Young HW is, in the least, a budding offensive LaMarcus with defense and youth. He has been working on that baby hook, too. His shot is underrated, and he wants to live outside of the shadows of Dwayne, an icon in Miami. He's young and has the potential for something special. And, can you IMAGINE a center with a post game, defense and the ability to SHOOT?!?! That's exciting after D12 had trouble shooting farther than a pput-back or an oop. A center with skills, coachable tendencies and the desire to pave his own lane is more than desirable. I'm a fan, but like I've said, my ear say NN isn't our Philly guy and the smaller "Footwork/shooting God" has mutual interest in becoming a Houston major player. I'd be pumped. i havent seen those moves in the post in years, even if he has legal issues. Houston is known for helping troubled young guns.

Don't kill the messenger. July is busy. My Ears hear a lot, and even a guy like Bass (big fan...LA abused him)is being considered to revitalize his career as a pick--pop with Htown. He can rebound, and has history with Mike. Google family ties.

I don't get the sense from my guy in ATL that we are rebuilding. We are compiling pieces around James to get back to relevancy. This is not a JLin/CP3BrokenKnees/ Thomas 2Sandwiches/and dependency on ISO ball.

Keep an eye on Philly. Fire Sale, but again, NN isn't the primary, despite reports. We do well with troubled guys. One in particular could change our PF spot drastically. And, he wants out apparently. Losing kills competitive nature. Even our beloved James and D12 showed that at times.

Love ya'll. Thanks for my health support, but with July here, it's busy, and Les is not going to bring out a 76ers type of culture.

James needs a shooting PG.
    We need a sharp shooting PF. Marv won't get his money with what other guys are comanding.
    A C with pick-n-roll abilities and a skill to shoot beyond 2 ft
    And guys with Mike's vision of nailing down jumpers/3s without too much problem.

If it were my team, Jahlil would be here, a very possible Fly Ry and a BUNCH of BIRDs that I've referenced for years. NO/ATL and even the 6 (not a bird, though) are moving. I just don't see how a DD (not DaDakota) would exist with James.

I'm sick, but please, please, despite his early meetings, KD will give us our moment, especially if we have a plan.

According to Thunder we will be one of the busier teams after letting down Houston last year. It's not a rebuild. Allegedly, it's compiling the players to make Mike's offensive plans work. You need your shooters, understanding of his offense and a buy-in, whih is a BIG issue after the debacle of my guy JBB and Kev last year.

I feel pretty positive about this, even with an inkling that CB will be given up for a SF who can hit a bucket before the radiation makes me slap this nurse who tells me it is a special poison to get me back on the court in Phoenix.

That's WAY more than enough for now.

Don't count our your LOVE, Your White side ;) a Sweet Lou and some guys who will make it happen to reunite with Mike D.

Thunder told me he has one of the better relationships in all of the league with his former players, including Dwight (Please, no).

Love my Rockets fans. You're the most loyal. Just remember the good days of Smoov. He's out, told first hand awhile back.

Cod.

We're going to be right back up there... with a new cap, James friendship and enough shots to keep all happy.

PS...Thunder says Bledsoe is not the same explosiveness. Knight is worth a look.

Peace and enjoy the 4th.

#234 Codman, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    5 people like this.
  15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Jahlil is coMING!!!!! :eek:

16. malakas

malakas Member

I would like Bass in a small deal. Much better than other options.
    So Cod you really think that Wade may leave the Heat?
    I still can't buy it beyond him using others for leverage against Riley.

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Cod, thanks for the share. Are you optimistic as a fan? I can't see Durant joining us without moves before his decision and I can't see a trade happening prior to Monday. From the outside it seems we would need Horford to get KDs ears and that's not looking likely from the outside.

18. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

KD isnt coming, at least this year.

Okafor can be an amasing news in our situation, that is buildfor the next year

with Bass i'm in if he come with an albatross contract

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

LOL....that's a lot...all i'm going to say is, I've been waiting for the trade(s?) to drop...people are forgetting that it doesn't end with free agency.......Morey knew that he may not get the bigger fish in FA and would need to make some trades...there are options out there for sure..

#239 RV6, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hey Cod, thanks for doling out some hope. Good luck and have a great 4th. And be nice to the nurses, they can make things easier, or harder.

:grin: