1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bucks Unveil Renderings of New Arena

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Only after they refused to pony up public money... had they done-so, they weren't going to go anywhere.

To that city's defense, it wasn't all that long ago that they spent public money to refurbish the SCC.... its a very similar parallel to the Houston Oilers departure (except the SCC renovation, that resulted in Key Arena, was more expensive... essentially a rebuild of the entire arena).

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yep... they can now use Seattle as leverage for ANY city that needs to get a new arena deal done. Orlando, Sacramento, Minneapolis, San Francisco, and now Milwaukee all have gotten their deals done.

There are no other candidates out there for re-location... hell, once Milwaukee completes their deal, there will be no more "smaller" markets (other than San Antonio) that are waiting to get an arena deal done.

Best case scenario for Seattle? OKC turns into a flop of a market once KD/Westbrook leave, and no free agents want to play there.... although those mindless drones would probably support an 0-82 team, so not likely to happen either.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

Honestly, I wish Seattle doubled down and didn't go begging teams to come back. It's a giant scam to have all these professional teams to reap the income of a publicly funded stadium, and I wish cities would stop doing it.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Or once teams receive this "gift" from the public, they are tied to that city forever... or until the city kicks them out.

If an owner "can't make money" in that situation, he should be forced to sell to somebody else who can find a way to make it work.

5. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Anytime you think being a Rockets fan is bad, just think of the Bucks.

The green Hawks jerseys are just asinine.

I guess they are shooting big for the NCAA Frozen Four Finals

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

I suppose that's the compromise that's the most realistic. Force the teams to have to pay back the city for the stadium if they want to leave.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah looks a deal is in place. It will be announced today .
    It still needs to be voted on.
    From my undestanding the issue is whether the arena will be a part of the state budget or not. If it is in it will be voted by all the republicans who have the majority. But if its taken out like some want/demand and is votted separately then some democrats may vote for it too...but then some republicans will vote against it. Most think that if it is taken out it will be downvoted.

The owners have proposed yesterday to buy the surrounding places for 1$ and develop them. The places around that area belong the county and are undeveloped for decades, a dump that noone wants to buy and hard to develop. It will create jobs and more business like parking lots and restaurants etc
    there are too many players involved in this. The governor with president aspirations, the democrat mayor that in contrast to Sacramento hasnt done anything to help so far , the senators and the county who fight between them. The owners who are billionaires have been put powerful lobbying and the ex owner who is a senator.

I can barely grasp what its going on lol
    but by the end of june we will know if the team leaves or not I suppose.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just got off the phone with a WI state senator who told me, the Bucks arena deal, &quot;It's a no go&quot;. Another told me, &quot;It's on life support&quot;.</p>&mdash; Bill Michaels (@Bill_Michaels) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bill_Michaels/status/611369378668523521">June 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Looks great. Absolutely LOVE the Bucks new uniforms and color scheme. And the court design is tight. Good job Milwaukee!

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Damn, that's beautiful. I really love the building lines.

11. Yellow

Yellow Member

Yup. Building wise, I still love the simplicity of The Summit!

12. malakas

malakas Member

I hope we name it the Keg.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

All this just because of Giannis Mpolondomukambantetokonmutombo?

1 person likes this.
  14. omgTHEpotential

Giannis is a superstar in the making.

15. rullrich

rullrich Member

Pretty wild - love to see these teams actually pushing design for arenas now (BKN, SAC, GSW). Toyota Center looks so second class to what's happening lately.

Also crazy that this only costs $500m (I know only...but compared to Barclays at $1billion) and the Bucks are worth $600m.

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

That looks fantastic. Love the Bucks new rebrand. Though the logo could use a few tweaks. Great young roster also. Good job and hopefully an inspiration for all small teams on how to rebrand into an exciting product.

Hope the Rockets can do something exciting soon. So sick and tired of these Chinese takeout box uniforms and a bunch of ugly random no history having alternate uniforms.

17. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

How many trees does that thing require?

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

They could name it Milwaukee's Best Arena

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

They need more trees in the plaza. Hell a forest/garden would be nice.