1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Tampa Bay screw the pooch?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by what, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Wilson was a beast in the preseason that year..miles better than what mariota did in this years preseason, he took the job as a late round pick from Matt Flynn( who they just signed to a contract extension)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2WqkCGaaxxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Russell Wilson vs. TITANS preseason as a rookie

2. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iOEgDbdjj2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

game winning interception by marioto... d-coordinators are starting to figure him out like i predicted, his stats are getting worse and worse every week

4. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Mariota has one of the toughest schedules in the league this year. And he's struggled against very good defenses in Buffalo and Cleveland.

And against the Colts, how exactly is scoring 33 points and putting up 367 yards and 2 TD with a pick 6 that wasn't his fault bad?

Not saying Mariota is a top 10 QB, but he has a very tough schedule without much supporting cast. Unlike Winston who has Doug Martin, Vincent Jackson, and Mike Evans.

5. Major

Major Member

He's a rookie on a really bad team. He's going to throw lots of interceptions and make lots of mistakes. It doesn't mean he will or won't be a great QB.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Those players were in Tampa last year and managed to help lead Tampa to the #1 overall pick in the NFL.

I think they will both end up being good QB's though... Really too early to judge.

7. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

I hated to bump this for those mariota fanboys, but i predicted this

Marcus Mariota's injury i think saved him from being exposed even more, mariota is dead last in the nfl in completing passes that travel over 10 yards, and now those run/pass options plays have been flushed out by nfl defenses

take a look at his pick six againist the dolphins( that play was a td againist the bucs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdPxMllSaVY
    -----------------

As for young jameis, he continues to be a model citizen off the field, and is working very hard in the film room, despite obviously being targeted by officials this season, but it was nothing like this past week againist the redskins. Check this out the bucs were flagged 17 times for over 165 yards compared to the skins who were only flagged 6 times.

Jameis Winston posted his second straight game with a passer rating over 100, while adding 2 td's and posted a career high in espn's qbr metric with an 88

[​IMG]

Jameis also posted a +5.0 according to profootballfocus, which shows he was better than kirk cousins, and basically the officials decided the game

so while mariota continues to be on the sidelines with an mcl injury, winston continues to be on a pace for a 4,000 yard season in passing and throwing 25 td passes. I think durability between mariota and winston was undersold during the draft process, Winston can take hits and still deliever strikes

8. Remii

Remii Member

To be fair, that was a great young safety that picked him off... And that flip into the end zone was very impressive.

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Whatever happened to that Skyrim dude?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The man took his keyboard.

11. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I think we all know what happened to him.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If Jameis had assaulted one more person he might have dropped to the Texans

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

or stolen some more crab legs

14. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Jameis today in road win againist the Falcons posted an ESPN QBR of 93... the previous week he posted a QBR of 88.. that is the highest 2 week qbr scoring average for a rookie qb since rg3 in 2012

15. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Derek Carr > Teddy Bridgewater

17. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

derek carr has better weapons on offense, and has the 2nd best o-line in the league

and i bet teddy still beats him head to head when they meet up later this year

18. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Why are people so obsessed with QB matchups? They don't play against each other, they play against the defense.

The Broncos won last night, I guess Peyton Manning is still better than Aaron Rodgers since he won.

19. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

nobody remmebers the loser in anything, sorry thats the way it goes

teddy has arguably a bottom 10 o-line in the league and to this day has the highest grade againist the broncos d this year

20. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Nobody "remmebers" the loser, yet you still go on and on about Teddy 5, even after he lost to Denver.