1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Top Cities in Pro Sports . . . Grammatically Speaking

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The Top Cities in Pro Sports . . . Grammatically Speaking

(I'm guessing that Houston's poor showing has a lot to do with the large ESL population)

In 2015, Grammarly put pro sports fans to the test. We wanted to see who had the best writing chops when they were cheering on their favorite teams online. Our first study— ranking NFL fans by their spelling, grammar, and punctuation—proved so popular that we went on to rank MLB and NBA enthusiasts, as well.

To wrap up the year in sports (Grammarly style), we decided to see which pro sports cities had game. Sports lovers in the great state of Tennessee surprised us by coming in both first and last. Memphis ranked number 1, lead by grammatically adept Grizzlies (NBA) fans. Nashville lumbered in at the back of the pack, hindered by typo-prone Titans (NFL) fans. NBA fans made the fewest mistakes overall, and NFL fans the most.

[​IMG]

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Listening to the Proper Gentlemen on 790 this morning?

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Tennessee is apparently bi-polar

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nah, my wife got it off of Reddit last night.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No way a city in Florida is in the top 5. This list is not credible.

You also have to consider that larger fan bases have a greater chance of drawing in more idiots.

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

THIS!