1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry Opts Out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Zergling, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Zergling

Zergling Member

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I'll pass on this flopper.

Rox11 likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lowry isn't needed on this team and the payday hes about to get, definitely isn't ideal

4. txn

txn Member

Before this season, might be a good idea. But now, we got our-self a PG in Houston. So Pass.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's not fair. We'll pass because we just don't need him on this team. He needs the ball just like Harden and will get paid just as much as Harden.

My guess is that he goes home to Phili and helps lead that team to the playoffs.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Since Lowry said he wants to win a title and apparently wants to go West, the most logical option would be the Spurs. He'd be a bench player on the Warriors and with Parker maybe having to retire with the injury, Spurs might have the cap space to get him.

The other logical choice in the West would be Utah. George Hill will become an UFA and Lowry would be an instant upgrade over him. For Lowry though, would he think a Gobert/Hayward (assuming he re-signs)/Lowry trio is title contending good?

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Spurs aren't going to sign another old Tony Parker. Lowry is 31 and will command a max contract. I wish the Spurs were that stupid but I doubt it. Lowry will go where the money is. It'll be his first max contract and he won't pass up that shot.

#9 REEKO_HTOWN, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    BigMaloe and RudyTBag like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need literally ZERO help in the back-court.

Bev/James/Lou/Gordon hold that **** down.

BigMaloe and Rox11 like this.
  11. DMO (DJ remix)

Beverley much better fit for us than Lowry, all the way up !

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I hope Lowry gets a payday somewhere just like I hope Beverley gets a payday one day. Lowry has been playing under market value for the last 3 seasons. He deserves to get overpaid.

13. jayydela

jayydela Member

Man, I remember the days when we had issues with depth at the back-court.

If the spurs were to go after anyone at 30+ years old it would/should be CP3

Rox11 likes this.
  14. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I think his not so good playoff performances may hurt his market a little. Not needed here.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ugh - I get the strong feeling he is going to go to San Antonio. I don't think Houston needs him, but damn - I hate that in two offseasons, our two biggest competitors in the west acquired another all star. I wonder if he would be willing to take peanuts to play in Houston though - we would certainly have room for him on the roster - Lowry/Bev would be the toughest PG rotation in the league and Lowry would give us another playmaker for those days when Lou/Gordon are "no shows".....but Lowry deserves a big contract so good luck, Kyle. Maybe CP3 goes to SA and Lowry goes to the Clippers.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I really don't want him. It'd be a mis-allocation of resources. No doubt he's good, but not sure he's a winner.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

His 3pt shot has become elite, 3.2 makes on 41% this season (tied for 5th in made 3's per game), 22 points 7 assist and 5 rebounds. with great defense.

I would definitely take Lowry if we can't do better (which would be hard to do). He's 31 but he'd a great fit in our system with his shooting, passing and defense, we could limit his minutes with Beverley as well to try to extend his career.

I love Beverley, would want to keep him as a backup even if we sign Lowry, we could run a 2 guard backcourt with James at SF. Rockets need talent to take that next step, Lowry would be our 2nd star.

I'd also look at C.Paul of course, G.Hill and Holiday too. I don't love our PG position nearly as much as others, I'd rather we trade Lou and I think Bev is best fitted playing limited minutes (25mpg) with his intensity and injury problems. We could use more shooting, we could use more perimeter defense, we could use more passing, I think adding a good PG would be a nice step up for this team.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

$12 mil per was under market value when he resigned with Toronto 4 years ago?

19. malakas

malakas Member

Stein said that Lowry wants to go to the West. But I think if Toronto pays he will stay.

I don't want him. He's a malcontent and a playoff underachiever.

20. malakas

malakas Member

lol Gay also opted out of his contract? WTF 0_o