1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else still high on Clint Capela?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 25, 2019.

1. dmoneybangbang

Giannis and kawhi are different players than Harden as they both are defensive anchor for their teams who can make up for offensive minded bigs, in my opinion.

I don't disagree with surrounding Harden with shooters, just that it's not completely apples to apples.

2. dmoneybangbang

Capela is a great role player who is movable simply put.

tc0330 likes this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I like clint...but my golden basketball rule is you always pick a gaurd/wing over a big. Wings win chips. U dont need a big. Look.at old.gasol, gsw no name centers.

tc0330 likes this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I think it is. Any big can screen n role.with harden. I mean a one that a starting caliber player. A big that can space..its only a handful of guys with that trait. I would rather have a 5 that shoots 38 from 3 then Clint. I'm sorry

ak99999 likes this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Tell me who can replace him. Because we literally haven't found a single center who plays as well beside Harden including Dwight Howard.

6. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

For the most part, I think you're correct. Plus, unless my memory is deceiving me, he was a big part of whatever success the Rockets had against GS in 2017-18.

7. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I think Capela's underrated around here, but unfortunately he is by far our most valuable non-Harden asset on our roster, and due to the nature of his role, finding a semi-decent replacement isn't impossible.

But outside of him against GS (who aren't going to be the same team next season -- and possibly beyond), he was rarely "exposed." I think people here are fixated on the problems that were highlighted against the KD-Warriors team, when they're not going to be around anymore. There are a handful of issues that arose against GS that didn't show often against other teams, simply because GS was on a different plane than anyone else talent-wise.

8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

to me, i think we need a capela similarity but much more aggressive. i think nerlens noel is a decent/good cheap option that can give us what we need. idk whose the "perfect fit", but i do think its a capela-type body/build rather than the standard big man like dwight or hartenstein because we play an aggressive switch defense.

9. tc0330

tc0330 Member

might point is, i think hed fill the whole pretty well. might not be perfect, but its a good cheap option for us imo

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I won’t be upset if he’s back. Draymond is still probably going to neutralize him most matchups, but he’s still pretty damn good.

11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Tarik black?

12. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

Clint is a great, young player and any team with a semi-decent facilitating guard would be lucky to have him.

We have 2 of the best facilitators in the NBA, so his replacement will put up seemingly comparable numbers.

FrontRunner likes this.
  13. SemisolidSnake

Dear Clint: BTFO or GTFO.

(the B stands for "box")

LUK3 and Bengchu like this.
  14. alethios

alethios Member

No. Don't get me wrong, I like Tarik Black, but he's at best a 3rd-string, possibly a backup if we're desperate.

15. alethios

alethios Member

True - he needs to grow a pair in the paint against GSW and own it. But it seems like I heard that he was not all there physically for that series.

16. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Nope big who can shoot, can’t be soft and can’t shoot

17. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Enough excuses, Rockets fans. Clint has proven to be soft time and time again whenever he's had to face off against tougher/bulkier centers (Lopez, Embiid, Valanciunas, Nurkic, Adams, etc.)

PeterKingX likes this.
  18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I still like him a lot. I think he is 100 percent going to get traded though.

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I hope other teams still high on Capela.

20. SemisolidSnake

Well, people will debate that. I think he seemed over the debilitating effects of it by then. Regardless, he doesn't box out on rebounds, healthy or not. I watched him pretty closely for much of the season, so I didn't sound like an ass making this assertion. He tries to cherry pick rebounds out of the fray instead of setting himself up properly for a rebound. That's unacceptable. Tucker boxes out even when he's trying to move some sort of mammoth half a foot taller than him and his feet are slipping underneath him as he does it.