1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

Whatever that was, it wasn’t Cougar basketball. But no worries. Sasser has taken a major leap forward this month making us a legit contender.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

interesting. I guess the NCAA sent out memos to stop the hand shake line at the end of games. #coronavirus

3. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

No excuses they beat us. But just noticed they shot 33 free throws and we only shot 10. We hit all 10 but they outscored us by 15 points on the free throw line. And they outrebounded us 42-31. Getting in foul trouble is something we have to work on. This time it really cost us in more ways than one. And Sassar could not hit the broad side of the barn tonight. These type of games happen. If we allow ourselves to play this way in the tournament whether it be the AAC or the NCAA we are going to get beat. Would love to know what Sampson has to say to the team after this one. It just seemed that UCONN wanted this game more than we did.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Super bad loss, kind of like the Rockets game tonight.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really that bad at all. UConn has been on a roll and hou being on the road. people gotta remember how young this team is and yet they became a top 25 team

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I really like UCONN. Better than their record, and they showed it tonight. Can’t win them all, and probably good to get this one out of the way.

7. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just can't getaway from how good would this team be with Armoni Brooks on it?
    Senior leadership
    Continuity
    Outside shooting
    Go to scorer

Wonder what drove him to leave.

EDIT: I see he is in the G league with the Hawks. That's a legit choice. But you have to think that option would be there a year later, after a deep tournament run! And spend a year as big man on campus.

#2447 Pat, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    Madmanmetz likes this.
  8. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

The only silver lining of not having Brooks on this years team is that next years team will be better with Mills, Sassar and others getting more playing time and much needed experience. But I agree with you that it would have been fun to watch this year's team with him on it.

Pat likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tramon Mark is the real deal. U of H got a future Nba player. 6'5 with shooting and fast ass hell with Westbrook's heart.

I have them winning the state championship. I need to watch him play in the playoffs

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I could have easily seen this team reach a top 15 ranking, maybe even crack top 10 if a sniper like brooks came back. Just look at how UH plays. That’s the one thing they’re basically missing. Not only that, he’d bring leadership and experience on top of a very young team.

But another strong class coming in, including a big finally. It’ll be interesting who may leave though potentially

Madmanmetz likes this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Think Sasser may already be better than Brooks and Dotson. While it’s easy to forget what Brooks and Dotson did as pure shooters, out of sight out of mind, Sasser looks like a better shooter and player. Better legs, has more lift, looks stronger. Brooks could get taken out physically by a tough cover and Achilles FT. Dotson could not drive the basket to save his life. Sasser appears just as good beyond the arc and has the 3 off the dribble already, plus penetration, passing, clutch, and mid range turn around. He just looks solid already inside and out. He’s not Davis Jr yet, but I could easily envision it.

12. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Lets hope there is no hangover in today's game from our last performance against UCONN and the time change. We are really playing this game at 10AM now 11 AM due to time change. We are at home but we are going to have to shoot better than we did against UCONN. Are you listening Sassar? No bone headed plays are you listening Jarreau? Stay out of foul trouble. That goes for everyone on our team. I love the rebounding but I think we can do it and play defense without consistently out fouling our opponents.

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Let's get it

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sasser struggling

15. PhiSlammaJamma

These athletic teams are still suffocating us. Thought we adjusted after Cincy, but still a problem area. We can still win it though.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Grimes Hinton and white have all stepped up today.

sasser and mills have been terrible

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Grimes is carrying hou these last 7 mins

18. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Sasser / Mills 1-18 but we lead by 12? I will take it.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Hopefully Wichita St can help and beat Tulsa today so hou can share 1st place champions again

King1 likes this.
  20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Big win. Best game I've ever seen Grimes play