1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars Episode 3 Title is....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by adw, Jul 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

this is where all you star wan fans go, OHHHH!!!, or go Man that is a sorry name, or something like that.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

It was pretty obvious thats what it was going to be.

Good title.

Hope this makes up for the first 2.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Perfect title. It summarizes the plot(from what I know). It references dialogue in Episode I. And it's a great counterpoint to Return of the Jedi. Anyone who complains about this is a lost cause.

5. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

Wouldn't "Fall of the Jedi" be better?

6. wizardball

wizardball Member

the first two episodes were Horrid.....its taking away from the 4-5-6th episodes...Lucas better do somethin about the all action no talk...he's smart though the little kiddies love it.:D

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I like it. Nice color scheme too.

The Jedi are in trouble now. And Darth Vader becomes a daddy.

8. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I like it and I liked The Attack of the Clones title. The Pantom Menace was the weakest name IMO.

I am trying my best to be spoiler free for the last one. So a heads up on spoiler ROS threads in the titles would be greatly appreciated. :)

9. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I'm just a passive fan of Star Wars, but I haven't ever really liked the whole prequel idea. It makes everything in the last Star Wars movie ever so anticlimactic. For instance:

********SPOILERS*********

Anakin gets more and more pissed at Obi Wan and eventually goes to the dark side. He's lured in by Senator Palpatine. Amidala is pregnant with twins and she has to run away from him to save her unborn children. She stashes them on different planets. The Republic turns into the Galactic Empire as the Clone War continues and as a result of the soon-to-be Storm Troopers, the Jedi become obsolete as a quasi-police force and then are ousted by the Empire.

Then, to make yourself feel better after watching the good guys get screwed in the last Star Wars ever; you go out and buy the box set of the first three and Lucas gets what he wanted when he first came up with the prequel idea: Nearly $100 out of your pocket.

10. 12345

12345 Member

What if you already have the first three? ;)

11. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Love the title. Also, this is a sly reference to the original title of Return of the Jedi -- Revenge of the Jedi, which Lucas changed at the last second because a Jedi wouldn't exact revenge. (man i'm a dork)

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Any chance they'll go back to not using cartoons like they did for Episodes 4-6?

13. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

The Two Towers is is still my favorite one.

14. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

Great acronym!

Star Wars: ROTS

That pretty much sums up the first two episodes.

15. Steve_Francis_rules

How can movies that came out recently take anything away from the greatness of a movie trilogy that came out over 20 years ago? This just makes no sense to me.

16. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

I think we're blinded by nostalgia and "the way things were" when we review episodes 4-6. I know I am. I'm reminded of my childhood and the toys I had (x-wing, y-wing, millennium falcon, etc), very fond times in my life. To me they will always be classics.

That being said, you can't honestly tell me that eps 4-6 wouldn't get blown out of the water if it were to come out today even with the advances in CGI, especially Return of the Jedi and the Ewoks.

If you disagree with the above statement, how were eps 4-6 different and what happened to Lucas with the new episodes to make them suck. Was it the cast that made the movies what they were?

17. outlaw

outlaw Member

Sith is an anagram for...

18. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Not a surprising post when you consider it's coming from someone with the handle count_dough-ku.

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Everybody poops. Haven't you read the book?

20. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

The answer is simple; Lucas is directing the new trilogy himself. He can't direct.

I actually agree with your points, but I think the first trilogy proves why the new ones are so...off. Look at Ep. 4,5 and 6. Empire Strikes Back is infinitely better than the original (and I never hated ROTJ as much as many folks do). But the original Star Wars is hokier and cheesier than them all. That's where a lot of the nostalgia comes in; because that first one suffers the most of the original three. And that's the one Lucas directed.

He's making the new ones in the original 'A New Hope' mode. The imagination - and sense of nostalgia - are the only redeeming qualities. (Let's face it, lots of folks want to see the birth of Vader) But the rest of it is struggling in modern times...just as the original Star Wars would by comparison.