1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick's Recent Activity

1. Nick replied to the thread [Official] Astros @ Cubs.

Can he pitch a scoreless first? If so, bring it on!

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:00 PM
  2. Nick replied to the thread [Official] Astros @ Cubs.

8 scoreless innings from the pitching staff…. Minor positive. The hitting will be hot/cold and they won’t win a lot of games when...

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:18 PM
  3. Nick replied to the thread 2024 Season Astros General Discussion Thread.

The fact that Luhnow is not back in baseball in any capacity screams that MLB was out to get him no matter what. The SI...

Apr 24, 2024 at 8:54 PM
  4. Nick replied to the thread 2024 Season Astros General Discussion Thread.

Gotta stop pitching minor league pitchers as starters first… That’s the only reason why this is still palatable. Offense is in a funk...

Apr 24, 2024 at 7:37 PM
  5. Nick replied to the thread [Official] Astros @ Cubs.

I know that... but much like 8/9ths of this lineup is probably pretty fixed regardless, 8/9ths of this BBS is focusing on the hitting....

Apr 24, 2024 at 2:43 PM
  6. Nick replied to the thread 2024 Season Astros General Discussion Thread.

Almost as if the starters were better prepared in previous seasons by somebody... (ducks, runs for cover, closes tablet, cancels...

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:37 AM
  7. Nick replied to the thread 2024 Hypothetical Astros Trades Thread.

They'll go as far as the starting pitching can take them. There is optimism on that front as of right now... but that will turn sour if...

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:33 AM
  8. Nick replied to the thread 2024 Hypothetical Astros Trades Thread.

Its not going to be like that... although I would always have loved to see what Luhnow's approach to this team would be if he ever got...

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:09 AM
  9. Nick replied to the thread Panic Button 2024.

2001 team took off after Oswalt promoted. Its still going to come down to consistent starting pitching. Teams with consistent starting...

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:31 AM
  10. Nick replied to the thread [Official] Astros @ Cubs.

And yet you were convinced that Jon Singleton just needs to face the right pitchers to be successful? Its still the pitching... Abreu...

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:29 AM
  11. Nick replied to the thread 2024 Hypothetical Astros Trades Thread.

I'd consider this the thread for those that are admittedly rooting for a rebuild... or just prefer the prospect development/minor league...

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:27 AM
  12. Nick liked the shark's post in the thread 2024 Hypothetical Astros Trades Thread.

I know quite a bit has been going wrong thus far, but I guess I'm old school, and being only 5.5 games out of first place with FIVE more...

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:25 AM
  13. Nick liked marks0223's post in the thread When will the McNairs.....

They will let it deteriorate until it looks like the Roman colosseum and then charge a fee to tour the ruins. [IMG]

Apr 22, 2024 at 9:19 PM
  14. Nick liked Wulaw Horn's post in the thread 2024 Season Astros General Discussion Thread.

The current playoff system has existed for all of 2 years. tell me how many times a team has started 7-16 and roared all the way back to...

Apr 22, 2024 at 8:59 PM
  15. Nick replied to the thread 2024 Season Astros General Discussion Thread.

Sounds about right… and we should all recall the pulse in here when the Abreu announcement was first made. There were very little...

Apr 22, 2024 at 9:51 AM
  • About ClutchFans

Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

• Support ClutchFans!

If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!

Upgrade Now