1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hardwood Paroxysm] Clint Capela Article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J Sizzle, Aug 12, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2015/08...la/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm a big fan of Clint and think he may be the next great Houston center.

3. thekad

thekad Member

It seems his floor is very close to his ceiling: basically a Tyson Chandler type who combines elite defense with good offense despite limited offensive skills. So probably a 3rd best player on a championship team. Hopefully he continues to develop.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

Great write up. IMO, if we redrafted the 2014 class, Capela would go in the top 5 along with Wiggins, Parker, LaVine and Payton. His combination of quick feet, athleticism, length, and instincts is incredibly rare. Even though it was limited minutes, the fact that he still showed elite rim protection, rebounding and finishing around the rim

Given Howard's injuries and impending free agency, plus having Clint tied up at a super cheap salary for another 3 years, he's virtually untouchable in my book.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Good find especially for the dog days of August.

I am incredibly excited like the author. He is very underrated and is an "X" reason why we are right in the mix to win a championship this year.

6. Coach E

Coach E Member

Nope. I respectfully disagree as do most people.

Clint can be great.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I am very high on Capela. I'm a big proponent of drafting freaks of natures(Lebron, Giannis, Durant, Kawhi) and Capela fits that description. I haven't seen anyone with his combination of length, strength, coordination and mobility since Dream. Dream is on a different level, but Capela is a once in a decade type physical specimen. I predict he's going to be the third star or be part of the trade for Durant.

8. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I'm really high on him but Anthony Davis is really the only one with the size and mobility of Olajuwon, minus the counter moves, imo.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nice read. I too am optimistic, though his sample size was so small that I don't want to take too much from it.

On the "intangibles" side, I love that he has no fear on the court. That will help him a lot.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nice write up. Funny that Morey wanted him to play overseas last season. We wouldn't have seen all this awesome and been stuck with Joey Dorsey in the playoffs.

11. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

He has a nice release. Hopefully he can develop some sort of jumper and doesn't become too dependent on his athletism.

12. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

And the article didn't even mention how well he can go out on the perimeter and guard wing players and point guards on switches. I think that is going to be the thing that ends up separating him from other good rim protecting big men . The guy has the skills not only to be a really good rim protector (which the article does a great job of talking about), but to become a complete impact player on the defensive side.

Plus, on offense, he can do a pretty good Brandon Wright imitation right now, and, with time, he may be able to do a lot more.

Keep working with Dream Clinty, keep working with Dream. Maybe by the time his rookie contract is up the Rockets will be able to consider Clint as a legit starting center in the NBA.

13. hakeemthagreat

3rd option? So some of you think he'll be Serge Ibaka like? Possible. But highly unlikely

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

+1

If he becomes Tyson Chandler that is very very very valuable and it looks like the case. I can't see him becoming Dream like on offense but keep working big fella and surprise me!

15. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I am extremely excited to see Capela get consistent minutes throughout the season. He developed so much in such a short amount of time last season.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Developing beast.

17. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I am so excited to watch him grow, It's a shame Dwight has an option at the end of the season, if he was contracted for 2-3 more seasons i'd almost shamelessly let him walk and have Clint step in at age 24. Unfortunately not going to be the case and please make it be known i love Dwight.

18. Niaperzly

Niaperzly Member

[​IMG]

Insane lateral quickness for his size.

19. Lando

Lando Member

Good read, thanks for posting.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

He is already elite at fg%. That is what this article overlooked about his offense. He is Deandre Jordan-esque at completing in the paint. It just always goes in, dunk flick hook or otherwise.