1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

has anyone ever been into a tow hearing???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by aggie87, Aug 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. aggie87

aggie87 Member

can I get my money back if the tow driver doesn't show up? I rolled my ankle really bad and couldn't walk so I left my car in a burger king parking lot and tried getting it a few hours after they closed and it was towed.

I have a doctors note, is there any chance of taking a doctors note to a tow hearing? or is a medical emergency not a defense against leaving an unattended car? I cant find anything online about this stuff

2. yo

yo Contributing Member

Not a chance. Unfortunately the world does not run on goodwill.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Good Luck. Personally I would go b**** at Burger King.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I suspect your case would be stronger had you gone into the Burger King, talked with the manager and received permission to park in their parking lot for X hours.

Also, the "I couldn't walk, so I decided to park my car" argument may not fly.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

tell them your dog ate your driver's license.

1 person likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Rolled your ankle at Burger King? Sue Burger King.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Tow truck drivers are the scum of the earth.

Slightly below child molesters and the waffen SS.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Absolutely correct.

About 4 years ago tow truck drivers towed my pregnant wife's car in the middle of July from our own apartment complex and railroaded us for 2 days claiming they couldn't accept a debit card even though it said so on the policy outside their door.

I have never wanted to end another human being's life as much as I did after dealing with those parasitic ****stains.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd never heard of a tow hearing before. Now that I've read an article on the internet, I'm an expert.

My expert opinion is that the tow truck company doesn't have to show up to win. You have to demonstrate that the tow was wrong. I'm sure Burger King has all the proper signage in their lots to warn customers against overnight parking. Your ankle injury isn't Burger King's problem, nor the tow company's. I don't think your chances are too good.

Would you be on the hook for the cost of the hearing should you lose?

1 person likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've been into 2 different tow truck offices. The office manager's don't really interact with the tow truck driver's I don't think. The tow truck office is basically 2-3 ex-cons with tattoos on their faces, that have nothing to live for. They argue and yell and get yelled at for a living. You cannot compromise with them. You cannot convince a cop to care. You may be able to convince a lawyer to deal with it, if you're lucky. And have money.

It's like Carcosa but worse.

It's probably better you just leave the car, take the loss and buy something new, rather than even bother setting foot in that place.

1 person likes this.
  11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Forget the Tow Truck Hearing, tell us the story about how you rolled your ankle at Burger King.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

uhh I dont think he rolled his ankle at burger king. He couldn't walk back to burger king to get his car.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Tow truck drivers are absolute bottom of society looking to make money wherever possible. Despicable low lives

About a year back, I was heading to Brian O'Neills and Bronx in the Rice Village area. I pulled into $4 parking adjacent to what was Brian O'Neills at the time. I walked out and headed towards the green stall to purchase my ticket. There were a few customers ahead of me waiting to get their ticket. Right there was the taco stand or some fast food trailer.

This tow trucking b**** rushed into the parking lot and jacks up my car. I run towards this ******* and ask him what the **** he is doing? This moron claims I was standing in line for the taco stand. I argue with this idiot that I have already eaten and I was in line to pick my ticket to place in front of my car. The guy claims he caught me on camera blah blah.

Ultimately I had to bribe the idiot and give him $20.

14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Okay, so before we go any further can we please get to the bottom of this?

Why were you leaving your car at a Burger King parking lot? Did you actually go to Burger King?

You rolled your ankle and couldn't even hop/limp back to your car? Could you not drive?

And how did you actually get to the doctor? Did you call an ambulance? Have a friend or family member pick you up and take you to a hospital/doctor?

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I would say that's not the tow truck companies fault. They, nor Burger King knew you had left it there due to medical emergency did they? Did you let anyone at the restaurant know?

16. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Should have kept the money and just called the cops on him.

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

So what event after parking your car at Burger King led to rolling your ankle?

I mean how many people can say that they went to Burger King, decided to leave their car there, go somewhere, somehow roll your ankle, and then got towed.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you rolled your ankle at that Burger King? And your car got towed?

I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together? Forget it.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"A doctor's note? This isn't 6th grade P.E. class."

"Pay him! Pay that man his tow money!"

Okay, sorry about your tow and tow charges. :(

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The answer to everyone's question is in the moniker.

1 person likes this.