1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real: Ralph Sampson did get a shot up in the Western Conference Finals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 22, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And it went in. And the Rockets won and went to the NBA Finals.

Real Rockets History, not made up by suckers

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yXOts9kaiLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Go Harden!

3 people like this.
  2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Come on man lol...

3. tinman

Supporting Member

This really did happen, when I think of Rockets history and Western Conference last second shots, this is what I think of not what stuff I did when I was playing NBA2K on super easy and turning off quit mode on my players.

Go Harden!

4. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

But but but but TMAC would have made the shot because he always got out of the first round!

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I remember watching this live. Awesome. If only the NBA hadn't banned half the team for drugs they would've kicked the a$$ of the "great" Celtics.

9. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Not until Ralph exercised his Boston Garden ghosts. We were well on our way to potentially beating the celts in our regular season game in the Garden. That would have been the celts second loss in a 1 loss home year. But, then Sampson had "the fall" and he was dog ***** in that building whenever he played there.

10. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Even then, and even with dirty Sichting throwing Ralph off, then-Akeem with just a tiny bit more support was good enough for the Rockets to win it. Houston still won 2 games with a weakened Ralph, no guards or ballhandling (McCray and Reid running the point! And no Allan Leavell doesn't count.) against a super healthy and focused Celtics team. And I don't recall the refs doing Houston any favors either with Walton, Parish, McHale, and Bird taking turns shoving Akeem and Akeem still playing through it all. If just one of the many things going against the Rockets fell the other way, Houston would've won.

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

im unsureā€¦ are u mad at harden?

12. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Wiggins and Lloyd played that series. Only John Lucas was suspended. So we played only one player short. Sampson turned in good games in Houston. He just fell apart in the Garden. Lloyd also sucked in that series. Most of Houston thought that was the beginning of a Houston dynasty until Lloyd and Wiggins were suspended the following season.

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Talk about CLUTCH!!!
    :cool:

1 person likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

But only in the [​IMG]

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

wow, tinman vs. tmac battle continues

I think tinman will only forget about it when we do win a championship :grin::grin::grin:

16. tws011

tws011 Member

One star thread.

17. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I can't tell if this guy is just fishing for 1-star threads most of the time he posts.

1 person likes this.
  18. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

That's true. Losing Lucas really hurt though, the starting point guard having one of his best years averaging 9 assists, who could score and run the break. There was really no replacement on that team for him. The Rockets could rebound like crazy but not run the break or the offense nearly as well without him.

19. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I agree to a point. I am thinking if you were starting Lloyd and backing him up with lleavel then you might not beat the lakers. We beat the lakers because reid played outstanding defense on magic. That doesn't get a chance to happen if Lucas is there. Reid does his regular job of backing up McCray with some spot minutes at the 2.

20. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Sorry. Meant starting Lucas at the 1