1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#2 seed is the most important thing for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HouStu_Rocket, Mar 4, 2015.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I do get what your saying but..... They don't have James harden. At the end of the day if harden is the mvp we know he is and the team leader he's shown this year, you better belive that with dwight back and assuming everyone else is here come playoffs besides bev. This team can not only win it all but should be a favorite against anyone not named GSW.

I know were all pessimistic at heart because we really haven't made in noise in the playoffs since dream. With that said you can really make a case for us as the 2nd best team in the nba. We currently hold the 3rd best record in the league all while having our 2nd best player and defensive/rebounding anchor out practically all year. Not to mention all the other players being shuffled, traded or picked up onto the roster all season. This team has it theirs multiple get champions an older franchise player and an mvp. If you just listed those 3 things and didn't put a team name or player name we would all say that team has a major chance to win big this year.

The rockets are really really deep and talented this year and the chemistry is tight with this group. We have a great shot todo something special this year.

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Most important 8 games of the season; let's bring it home

3. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Can we sign a PG? And if we can why hasn't murry done anything about it?

4. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

The 2 seed would be ideal. The best case scenario, I think, is if San Antonio moves up to four, and the Rockets can take on the Mavericks and then have homecourt against the winner of yet another physical Grizz-Clippers war. I suppose the question then is, might San Antonio strategically rest a few players to stay at #6 and duck Golden State as long as possible?

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think number 2 seed is the most important thing.

Above that there are:

Getting healthy
    Playing with massive defensive intensity

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Facing a lesser threat alleviates both those issues. If we face a lesser team chances are we don't need to be 100%.

Getting healthy is out of anyone's control. I'll agree that during playoff time we need to step up the defensive intensity but that'll happen anyway without question

7. Nook

Nook Member

I am not picking on you, but who do you think is available to help with 9 games left? We don't even know if Beverly is going to be available. Prigs is better than anyone else available and thus far the Rockets have not especially missed Beverly.

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

#2 or #3 so that you play Golden State in the conference title. Rockets can beat everybody else. Without Durant OKC is a joke and please with the Westbrook talk. How will San Antonio play, Dwight will have a field day with them even if Leonard does a good job on Harden.

Golden State looks so good that you almost have to hope for an injury in the playoffs. They are so good on both ends and worse, they look fresh at the end of games. I wish Mark Jackson was still coaching them. Telling them stupid things like foul the three point shooters on the other team because they are beating you so badly. I miss that moron.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Warriors a good but playoffs is a brand new season as good as they are.

10. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

there is a chance that the Rockets crawl into a fetal position and blow in the first round

No there isn't, not with Corey Brewer, Josh Smith and Jason Terry around ! What are you thinking ? duh !

11. SuraGotMadHops

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u8MZRoMdkso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I'm perfectly content with gambling on Monta Ellis beating us in a 7 game series. Dude is the definition of a chucker. Think he can shoot a percentage high enough to put Harden and the Rockets away for 4 games?

13. Tree Rollins

Tree Rollins Member

Agreed. I foresee a whole new batch of Chandler Parsons "Left Houston so easily" memes.

14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

As nice as it would have be to get the 2nd seed over MEM due to tiebreaker advantages, I actually would like to see us get that #2 by having the outright better record anyway. Especially with the way the last game ended vs MEM being taken away from us; it would, to me, feel better earning that #2 and division title outright and without multiple tiebreaker scenarios giving it to MEM.

15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Pops would definitely do that to maintain their overall health going into the playoffs. Honestly, I wouldn't be that surprised to see Pops do that during the Home-and-Home with the Rockets coming up soon. I do think that SA would rather stay at #6 and play MEM in the 1st Round instead, and not have to "potentially" play GSW until the WCF (leaving POR-LAC winner to play GSW; and MEM-SA winner getting the Rockets in 2nd Round).

16. Ismail

Ismail Member

Maybe I am too optimistic, but I think 7-2 is possible to finish out the season. A win tonight would be massive though.

@ Raptors - W (homer)
    vs. Kings - W
    @ Mavs - W (homer, maybe L.)
    @ Thunder - W (homer, maybe L. But we should be able to beat them.)
    @ Spurs - L
    vs. Spurs - W
    vs. Pels - W
    @ Hornets - W
    vs. Jazz - W (redemption, as close to full strength as possible now)

I think we win 2 of the 4 against Mavs, Thunder, and Spurs.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think it will be closer to 6-3 or even 5-4:

@ Raptors - L
    vs. Kings - W
    @ Mavs - L
    @ Thunder - W
    @ Spurs - L
    vs. Spurs - W
    vs. Pels - W
    @ Hornets - L
    vs. Jazz - W

Idk why I don't feel good about the Hornets but whatever, if we win that and go 6-3 I'd be satisfied.

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

So basically what your saying is you want to play the NBA champs and coach Greg Popovich right?

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm not too worried about the Hornets. First of all, they're not very good. Second, they'll also be on a B2B just like us, so fatigue shouldn't be a factor(although we will be missing Dwight). And third, they may be mathematically eliminated from the postseason by then giving them little to play for.

Honestly, the Rockets absolutely should win their final 3 games. The real question is can they find a way to go 4-2 in their next 6. I have my doubts(I'm thinking 6-3 is the best they do over these 9 games), but they've overcome injuries and adversity all season long.

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Memphis gets SAC w/ a resting Boogie tonight. Back to 3 seed if we don't beat Toronto.

(Also means we'll get a rested Boogie on Wednesday, when Dwight may be resting on the first half of that SAC/Mavs back to back.)