1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#2 seed is the most important thing for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HouStu_Rocket, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The Mavs are ok, the Spurs are ok, and Portland without Matthews is ESPECIALLY ok. Just avoid the Clippers in the first round if you can.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I don't think we're trying to choose our ranking. We're trying to win as many games as we can. Let the chips fall where they may. We can't be sure where other teams eventually end up.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I also believe folks are under estimating the Spurs. They might be old, but they have a ton of playoff experience. Against any playoff team, a victorious team must play all 48 minutes with no let up, but most importantly against the Spurs.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, the Spurs are too unpredictable. Sure, they could get knocked off in the first round. It's happened to them before. Memphis did it to them when they were the #1 seed 4 years ago. But they could just as easily catch fire and go on a run in the postseason. Again, I think the Rockets are capable of beating them, but this idea that they're a good matchup for us is naive.

5. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Exactly. The only samples we have against the Clippers are without Griffin and games where the squad we had is FAR different than what had when he lost like, what, 10 games? Look at the match ups. Better bench, better PF than better, Ariza, an improved Harden. DeAndre has a field day with us usually so if we had Howard it's suddenly a fair ball game

6. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Clippers would be the worst match-up, that **** will be a flop fest, Chris Paul will get every call, Griffin will destroy our bigs and we don't have anyone to contain Reddick and Crawford. This will be another Portland heartbreaker with Griffin going off on us, questionable calls, Harden tired to defend their SGs and their PG smoking us.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'd want to avoid Spurs and OTC at all costs, Clippers seem like the worst squad out of the bunch.

8. jedicro

jedicro Member

I don't really agree. I think the Spurs are a good matchup for us. I've always liked the way we've played them in the Harden era. We struggle with teams that are super athletic, that's not them.

I just don't want to face OKC or LAC. I'm fine facing Portland, Dallas, or SA.

9. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I completely agree. As scary as SA always is, they have issues with athletic teams, which includes us. Unfortunately, we have issues with superathletic teams - OKC and Clippers. No one is a safe bet, but I am ok with Mavs and Portland and SA before OKC or Clips.

10. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I agree with everything here.

To add: look at what the Spurs are doing NOW compared to every year before when people use the "looks like the Spurs are looking old" comment. They are well below their mean this time

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Well, Houston was literally robbed by the league of 2 wins recently. It's really hard not to feel bitter about it.

12. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

No, getting DH12 back and staying healthy is the most important thing. I'd like to see Harden/Ariza rest more down the stretch.

I will be happy if it's Dallas given all the crap Cuban has let fly out of his mouth. There will be a ton of satisfaction watching Cuban complain at Harden get all the fouls called on Chandler Tyson. Plus pretty boy can show everyone why he is the highest paid MAV :rolleyes: !

If it is the Spurs that would be awesome. Rocket match up well against them and defeating the defending champs would bring some "public" legitimacy to this organization.

Long shot: A Portland rematch would be good with me too.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

we still need that! I don't see mavs passing the spurs, rather take on mavs than spurs

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Grizzlies lose. Mavs lose. Rockets are 2nd seed.

1 person likes this.
  15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah between the Mavs and spurs I'd still choose the Mavs

but then again the West is so damn scary in every spot there's really no easy matchup

It's entirely possible Rondo and Dirk turns it on in the playoffs and fruck us

16. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Mavs look like the ultimate darkhorse team.

At this point I'd like to see OKC overtake 7th. I think they're the weakest link in the playoffs now

17. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

When it comes to Dallas, I worry about Monta Ellis the most, but we should be able to beat them up inside. If Harden shoots well from the field, we win that series.

18. SuraGotMadHops

I just don't have a good feeling with the Mavs. I can see Rondo getting away with murder guarding Harden, and Dirk and Monta going off a la Aldridge/Lillard last year. Yes, we are better and we should beat them, I just don't like it.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We would beat Dallas in 6 games. Parsons would completely choke. Dallas defense would falter.

20. okeezie

okeezie Member

Then just say you are scared of all the teams in the West. Dallas is the 7th seed for a reason. If you scared of them you are scared of everybody. Dirk is old and Monta is a wildcard. Ill take my chances with Monta trying to score on Ariza and Brewer vs scoring on Bev. That height makes a difference.