1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] James Harden on the no-call and the one-game suspension (UPDATE: NBA admits they got it wron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2015.

1. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I may be the only one that agrees with you there. If you leave the play in the refs hands in the final seconds of the game more often than not you won't get the call. It's disappointing, but not surprising.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'll bet anything this hack referee costs us come playoff time, whether it be home court advantage or playoff opponent or even Harden's MVP run. This game just infuriates me.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why won't they review fouls in the last 2 minutes of the game

I mean some of these blown calls are game changing

4. seeingred

seeingred Member

that's the logical next step. the only argument i've heard against it is that foul calls are "too subjective" - but the NBA clearly disagrees with that because they're posting the corrected versions the very next day now.

I like Adam Silver - he seems to want to make the game more transparent. The "report card" doesn't do anything but hell, it's better than how it used to be where everyone just forgets except us. Also it gives us data - at the end of the season we can say, "The refs were 75% on their calls in the last 2 minutes" or whatever it is. If it's really low, the NBA may say "we need more training". If one team/player clearly gets screwed, they can adjust. The worst part about the NBA is the officiating and specifically, the foul calls.

So for everyone saying "blah blah, so what?" - that's my answer.

5. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Wow, I feel so much better now, knowing that Zach Randolph should've been called for a foul on the Rockets' last possession.

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Screw them, no point in admitting it now.

7. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

This Monday Morning QB'ing by the league when they "admit" they got it wrong is a ****ing joke, what good is a moral victory in this instance, everyone playing and watching and all over ESPN today know the ref ****ed it up, but that doesn't help the Rockets in the standings.

Man I just hope Howard comes back at 85% or so so we can kick the Grizz's ass in a WCF showdown (I know wishfull thinking, but it would be nice !!!)

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

They absolutely have that option, they can review any play at dead ball under 2 minutes in the game.

They just chose not to.

The NBA should start fining the refs for their missed calls and be held accountable just like players get fined for flops,techs, etc...

9. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I agree. While I acknowledge that being a referee is tough, there should be accountability thrust at the refs especially if they can review a foul call in the last two minutes and CHOOSE not to. They should be fined for not doing this.

10. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Agree, while many calls are subjective there absolutely should be some sort of challenge rule like in the NFL at minimum. Perhaps 2 per half and at least 1 in the final 2 mins. I doubt it happens, but this no call on Harden is getting A LOT of attention on ESPN and all it's nine million spinoff shows today, and I am sure Silver is not happy about all the negative press, but then again, any is press is good press I suppose...

11. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

They cannot review personal fouls at any time in the game. They can only review possession, the clock, 2s vs. 3s, the degree of a flagrant, etc. There is no choice involved. In game review would be a logical extension of these reports.

12. SemisolidSnake

The airtight argument, in my opinion, for video reviewing fouls is that they ARE allowed to review a foul with video if they think it's flagrant. However they are allowed to look for intent in the review. Intent is most subjective thing you can possibly interpret. Our entire court system struggles daily with the idea of intent, but if there's a clear video of a guy shooting another guy, nobody says "Well, I didn't him shoot him."

Seeing what the announcers and everybody can see on video, a clear foul, is certainly much less subjective (in fact, it was downright objective with that last foul) than reviewing to assess intent. So the NBA has their review system ass-backwards already. Also, the whole "suspend after the game for intent" thing completely undercuts the whole replay center assisting the officials thing they're so proud of. If the NBA deems that their replay center and officials on the ground collectively got a call wrong, then they clearly have a broken system or don't give a damn what it says anyway.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I spy MK Bower

14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

yea they are wrong
    so what are they going to do other saying "i'm sorry"
    do they fine the referee?
    no
    doesn't change anything
    that is a very important game against division leader

15. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Lol I forgive you NBA.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

NBA should use video review. They have sophisticated technology tracking player movements, and they can't correct game-changing calls?

They should allow coach's challenge (like three calls the whole game) or automatically review calls in the last 2 min. It doesn't need to take forever to finish those reviews, like it's taking now.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

I don't understand why they did't review it during the game.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Hadn't done it in a while and decided to read the comments on the ESPN article talking about the no call. Wow. Makes me sad how stupid people can be.

19. nemac

nemac Member

Came to post exactly this!

20. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

be graetful its happening now and not in the playoffs, at least now we will have our antennas up