1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] James Harden on the no-call and the one-game suspension (UPDATE: NBA admits they got it wron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2015.

1. HookemHorns1250

Does anyone happen to have a video of our broadcast calling that last no call? This was the first Rockets game I've had to miss in some time, and wanted to hear Bill and Bull's reaction.

How upset we're they is basically what I'm trying to figure out.

2. HookemHorns1250

were*

3. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Harden was actually pretty mild considering the reality, which is instead of closer to 2nd seed, now closer to 5th!

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I thought after a good night sleep that I would feel better.

I still can't believe what I've witnessd the last two games. What are we supposed to do when the game gets out of our control?

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I'm right there with you breh! I'm starting to lose faith in the system!...:(

1 person likes this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Amen, bro. I woke up still thinking about this garbags.

Refs' retaliation for LeBron? Refs closing up the overall free throw difference because teams are complaining? Refs are Curry fans?

Don't know what the hell is going on. Guess it doesn't pay to kick at LeBron. Long live the Queen.

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The wife and I are getting away from basketball for the evening. We're going out for some much needed R&R. :cool:

8. rullrich

rullrich Member

It was definitely a frustrating way to lose the last two but I think one positive is that we know we can hang with 2 or the top 3 teams in the league even if GS is still the one we can't. Both games were winnable - and on a back to back no less. We'll recover - Dwight coming back will only make us that much better.

9. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

And guess what? The media is going to discard details like that and say Harden just doesn't have what it takes to be an all time great.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm not really one for moral victories. Last night's loss was a costly one. Not only did we effectively lose the tiebreaker to Memphis(they've got better conference and division records), but now the 3rd seed is in jeopardy as well thanks to Portland winning yet again.

Sure, the 4th seed is still in the Rockets' grasp and that's enough to ensure home court in Round 1. But that would also put them in the same bracket as the Warriors. Maybe we catch a break and OKC as the 8th seed upsets Golden State which would give us home court in Round 2(assuming we take care of our opponent). But I'd much rather be fighting for the 2nd seed which guarantees home court through 2 rounds. To have that taken away from us by sh-tty referees sucks.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The league/refs really cost us 2 games here. It's a shame. Instead of a 7 game win streak we now have a 2 game losing streak. Instead of being the 2 seed in the west, we may end up as the 4.

It's a shame the power the refs have in deciding a game. The Refs ruined a great game.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Gasol traveled on that GW lol!

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets blew the ATL game. You're up 15 with less than 10 minutes to go, you need to close. Even a bad call or two can't be blamed for that loss.

Last night was different. The Rockets fought all the way back, got the stop they needed, had the ball with the game(and a lot more than that) on the line only to have the refs swallow the whistle and allow a blatant hack go uncalled.

Maybe Mauer and his crew naively and arrogantly thought that the game would wind up going to OT and their missed call wouldn't be such a big deal. Instead it's been magnified because Gasol won it for Memphis in regulation.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Terrible loss on all accounts.

Speaking to McHale's coaching, which I'm obviously not a fan of, but his "engagement" only occurs when things get tight or start going unfavorably for our guys. No, I don't expect him to stand the entire game, nor do I think he would be comfortable, but when your coach is "in" the game more consistently, the level of intensity and focus often increases.

He seems to be at a loss for words, when the team needs some verbal guidance. The clapping and nodding just doesn't cut it, especially with our personalities, talent and developing chemistry.

McHale is the "players' coach." That's cool with him. Personally, I'd prefer him to not be as laid back until the final minutes of regulation. Nobody wants a repeat of Portland. Games likes these are playoff practice. Let's get that intensity up.

Heck, Rudy T was THE player's coach when the phrase became popular, but he was engaged at all times, regardless of the score.

And, it has already been discussed but there are at least 50 different ways we could have gone about that last possession with Gasol. That's the tough part, regardless of the travel, etc. Decisions in crunchtime and McHale aren't the best combination.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I want to respond to this. I was sitting right there. McHale WAS in the chili of the refs all night, and after the game he beelined right to the head official and ripped him at half court.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

lee and allen are two of the best perimeter defenders, they know if harden goes in don't reach & live with him taking the step back

17. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Just REALLY good defense. /sarcasm

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's amazing how those two really good defenders only allowed five free throws last night. It must because they just don't foul shooters.

Of course, teams average something like 20+ free throws against the Grizzlies, so maybe it's really that Harden just isn't good at drawing fouls.

Of course, Harden takes more free throws than anyone else in the league.

Hmmm...

So you're telling me that the Grizzlies allow 20 or so free throws a game, they came in and played the best foul drawer in the league who shoots the most free throws in the league on HIS home court, and they somehow allowed the fewest free throws of the season? And it's because they just don't foul.

Get out of here with that.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When stuff like this happens too often the fans should take matters into their own hands.

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

1 person likes this.