1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Video] James Harden on the no-call and the one-game suspension (UPDATE: NBA admits they got it wron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2015.

1. yo

yo Contributing Member

And what, get a technical at the very time that you absolutely cannot? I'm no McHale fan but he was irate and I'm positive he had to restrain himself.

2. TheresTheDagger

Has Mchale been T'd up yet this season? I can't remember that happening.

I'm getting pretty freaking sick of our team and players getting crapped on by the media and league on almost a daily basis. When the hell is someone in this organization going to go public? Or are we just gonna let this crap continue....?

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But think about how inane that sounds.

Remember how C.Lee played defense on him? Harden was forced to take those step backs.

So basically when you put it like that, the Refs are playing defense on Harden.

That's why whenever you have these games where one team shoots 20 fts and the other shoots 5, best believe that the refs affected that game. When it's in a players mind that "I have to take a jumper because the refs won't call a foul." then the refs are playing defense on that team.

Plain and simple, playing good defense is making your opponent take contested jumpers after all and sometimes the refs do just that thing when they decide to let one team be more physical than the other.

1 person likes this.
  4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I know he has because there are only 2 coaches left who haven't this season, one being David Blatt.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Maybe we have a better chance on his stepback than on the refs calling a foul in the dying secs.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

no comment at the end was an interesting comment

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Maybe, what I'm saying is a player should never have this thought in the back of his head...

"I can't drive because they won't call fouls."

It should be.

"I can't drive because Lee is a good defender and Gasol could clog up that lane."

The refs at times are playing better defense than the players on the court. Think about that, most teams would live with a Harden step back and call that "Good defense, better shot."

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Once during the Pelican game where the Rockets were getting blown out. I don't ever recall him getting a tech to argue with the refs.

I want someone to go at it in the media on this team! If the NBA really wants us as villains then embrace it!

9. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I didn't see the game, but what are the chances that this was about the refs Sending A Message to Harden about what he's going to see (or rather not see) in the playoffs? I hate that sort of crap.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Harden had TWO free throws the entire game? The ENTIRE Rockets team only had FIVE free throws?

None of the THREE refs saw Harden get fouled at the end of the game?

[​IMG]

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Rockets 50 points in the paint, Memphis 54 points in the paint.

Rockets get 5 FTAs, Memphis gets 17 FTAs.

Fair.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If the message was that Harden isn't going to get a foul call on one of the more blatant hacks of the entire game, then we might as well pack it up and forfeit the playoffs. If Harden can't get that call, then the Rockets are playing by a different set of rules.

13. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Yeah it sucks I can understand why CF is frustrated, Harden is frustrated, the team.. but that the refs can't take 100% blame for the loss. We gotta stop whining and just move on, be optimistic.

Hey maybe the league will do something about it

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

very media outlet is mentioning the non-call so at the very least it is going to embarrass the NBA

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Eh, not really. The NBA has no problem "apologizing" for the call, then just waiting for people to forget about it. Look at the Portland series.

16. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I love the NBA, but the bull**** has gotta stop.

If the NBA (and the NFL for that matter - a la Detroit Lions playoff game non pass interference call) is going to try and take the physicality out of the game, then they have to get the calls right down the stretch. If they don't get the calls right, a close game is just as likely to be decided by the officials as it is to be decided by one team playing better than the other.

:mad::confused::mad::confused:

17. topinjs

topinjs Member

18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Well, African Americans during the civil rights movement and many other movements just started boycotting. Boycotting is probably NOT in our culture anymore. Maybe we could make a video... who knows? I guarantee you the playoffs will just be days of frustration for us. Loose loose situation unfortunately.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Harden should be rewarded for fighting off attempted rape. Lebron tried to pin and rape Pat Beverly and then approached James Harden with the same intent. It can be proven from footage of the two incidents.

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The answer is to force the refs to be available to the media after games. Just like the players and coaches. I'm sure they'd get their act together in no time.