1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any updates on Dwight? (UPDATE: Dwight to return on Wednesday in New Orleans)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Feb 27, 2015.

1. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

He's being reevaluated on Weds, 4 weeks after the procedure.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Some people on here have said he's on schedule, some even ahead of schedule, but nothing official quite yet.

4. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

My guess is he returns March 23 at Pacers. After 7 days of the team in Houston. Enough time to get some practices in.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Local radio said he's up to 50% weight on his knee. It looks like the 6-8 week diagnosis by Dwight is accurate.

6. nobie

nobie Member

I wonder what Dwight we will see after his return..

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He is still deciding between plaid and grey for the ABC game, but look for him to rock an Italian two button tonight. Sources say it's a max-level design.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

McHale talked about Dwight yesterday at 790.

- Dwight has not doing anything to put any weight on his knee yet.
    - Not sure and no body sure when and how he will come back.
    - Ultimately, McHale would like to see him back at least couple weeks before the playoff starts, that he can at least have several games under his belt, otherwise it will be very tough for him and his teammates also.

9. JazzLakerHater

I'm starting to get a feeling that we're not going to see Dwight again this season. Who knows, maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

10. mockster

mockster Member

He needs to take Aslong as he needs. Obviously I would like for him to catch some regular season games before playoffs just to knock rust off in get in shape.

11. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Covington &amp; Canaan at the Temple game. Dwight Howard kept trying to FaceTime RoCo, but Covington kept rejecting. <a href="http://t.co/qZt2Mb6lNj">pic.twitter.com/qZt2Mb6lNj</a></p>&mdash; Jake Pavorsky (@JakePavorsky) <a href="https://twitter.com/JakePavorsky/status/571128762823286784">February 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I'm concerned Dwight will come back and mess up the groove our guys have created in his absence. I know that's unlikely, but always in the back of my head.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

Seems weird that he's walking around without crutches.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You afraid Dwight will mess up the current Rockets defense they are playing now? Which is a total mess?

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

He SURE did say that. Wow. That would be great.

My skeptical side thinks he either meant to say "he's supposed to be back in 2 weeks before playoffs" or "he's supposed to be reevaluated in 2 weeks"

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I think Canaan may still be sore. He directed Covington not to talk to Dwight.

18. awc713

awc713 Member

I think it was the Clippers game where Heather Fox (name?) gave an update re: Dwight, and said McHale doesn't expect to get the "same Dwight of old" back this season.

Not sure what that means for future years, but they were tempering expectations for this year.

19. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I swear mchale always over exaggerates injuries because he doesn't want anyone to know the status of his players. He always seems to give like a sarcastic "he's on his deathbed" answer even if it's just a sprained ankle. I like that the rockets keep statuses on the DL

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Next week is 4 weeks...they said 6-8 weeks, IIRC. Either Cyberx or Codman said he was ahead of schedule, so he's probably closer to the 6-7 week mark than 8. That puts him 3-4 weeks away, or a few weeks.