1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Royce White Still A No-Show This Summer (UPDATE: On the trade block)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 1, 2013.

1. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

I just read his wikipedia page and it said he not only got kicked out of his high school (for reasons not stated), he also got kicked out of the university of minnesota for STEALING clothes in a shopping mall and hitting a security guard (mind you he is an NCAA athlete on scholarship at this time), AND he was involved in a laptop theft.... This guy clearly had "character issues" beyond just the anxiety... I know it achieves nothing to say it now but Daryl Morey seriously f'ed up big time with this...

could've had:
    Andrew Nicholson
    Evan Fournier
    Perry Jones
    Festus Ezeli
    Draymond Green

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We landed on the moon.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Can't wait for the "Royce White Appreciation Thread". It will be fun.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can only laugh about this whole Protocol charade in hindsight.
    All he wanted was buying time and having his nest already made for him without even trying to play.

5. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

We didnt give up on him, he gave up on us. Something tells me that if we cut/trade him, he's going to give the media the "evil Rockets cut me cause of my mental health issue" story. The guy doesn't deserve to get paid.

6. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Royce just simply has major character issues! I'm glad he jump off the Rockets bandwagon!

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

He is an unfortunate waste of talent and time

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'll be glad the day he is gone.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Actually playing him in the summer league would probably INCREASE his trade value. Not playing him makes him look more suspicious.

I'm thinking Rockets feel Royce White would be THAT much of a DISTRACTION to the summer league team if he played. He'd show a bad influence of being coddled, instead of a good example of focus and dedication. (Also him possibly bad mouthing the organization under his breath to other players, just cancerous presence)

Or, as indicated in the CF article and podcast, there's been ENOUGH calls to GET him involved but for some reason he's still keeping himself separated. Which just means "Well, Bye".

10. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

this guy is a joke

11. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Royce tweeted his location last night.. lol He lives in Sienna Plantation.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm actually pretty surprised he's not on the summer league roster. Doesn't really seem like we'd have anything to lose by reminding other GMs of his special skill-set. I can only hope that his omission from summer league means they already have a trade hammered out and are simply waiting for Dwight's decision to let the dominos fall.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I would love to see this chump off the team. Let him be someone else's head case.

14. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Trade White and 2014 and 2016 1st and 2nd round picks to Orlando for Andrew Nicholson?

15. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

So much misguided hate in this thread... if we all thought royce sucked and didnt have huge upside his differences with the team would be a nonissue. The only reason were pissed is cause he does have potential but doesnt seem have basketball as a priority... meaning we feel betrayed. It also makes the rockets integrity an organization be called into question... when we know the rockets have a great track record for taking care of players. I loved watching royce play last year, very disappointed we wont see him this year.

Its just frustrating I guess. I still hope we can make it work, but I have my doubts. Players have to want to be here too.

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

we were legitimately supporting him and hoping he would make it out. his uniqueness could create all sorts of havoc for opposing teams. but the dude is just not right in the head. if he doesn't have work ethics, he doesn't deserve a job.

17. arjun

arjun Member

Funny part is...he may not even be better than Boris Diaw.

18. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

WRONG!!!! I wanted Perry Jones III.... THATS..why I don't like Royce and never will now.... Wasted pick... Hell I would take Robert Sacre over him now....smh

19. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Oh and Fred Hoiberg should be shot in the face by Aaron Hernandez for endorsing him....smh

20. dragician

dragician Member

Let's trade White for a first round pick for our own Houston Comets. They need some there.