1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Royce White Still A No-Show This Summer (UPDATE: On the trade block)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 1, 2013.

1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Communicating only through the union for the past few months? And he thought he was going to play?

2. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I don't know why he's surprised. It's just not a good sign to talk through a 3rd party. It doesn't seem like there will be any resolution between him and the Rockets.

They don't have time for his shenanigans anymore. The young Rockets are going places and he's holding them back (at least cap wise). It's time to move on.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

10 years from now, Royce will be included on those "worst draft picks in history" write-ups that beat writers toss out there.

5. Granville

Granville Member

The ceiling of the tent he will soon be living in under 45 elevated wont be huge.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Rox did not even invite him to Summer League??? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Royce, this is what you get when you listen to all the sycophants you surrounded yourself with....you get your ass handed to you.

GOOD RIDDANCE !

DD

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

That's what I said before they drafted him. At 6'7 pf,you better be a special athlete. One can say anthony mason,but there were 6'8 pfs when he played in the 90s. Now these guys are bigger and more athletic playing the 4.

1 person likes this.
  8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

At first I was rooting for this guy to prove everybody wrong. Now, I want his butt out of the NBA and in some 3rd tier league where it belongs.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, White, I also seek truth.... the truth that you freed us from yourself, be gone!

10. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

Wow, so sad. What a waste. Nobody wins. Neither the Rockets nor Royce White.

11. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

This guy must have way more wrong with him than just social anxiety. Dude is messed up. Or maybe just an a-hole

12. LAC

LAC Member

This is a good lesson for Royce White. The team gave him chances and he wasted them. He just might have to beg the team to have him back.

13. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

He is clearly clearly the worst pick in the history of NBA.

14. jocar

jocar Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I would've loved to play in the summer league, there's been no communication to me about being wanted there.

<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RedNation&amp;src=hash">#RedNation</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/statuses/352466732109144064">July 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    The bridge is burnt? Looks like he wanted to go.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yeah, well, maybe you freaking moron should think about WHY you are not wanted. Freaking narcissist fraudster.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

To me, this sounds like he still doesn't care to work. If you left your job on a leave for whatever reason, do you wait for them to call you before you go back to work? Or do you simply ask to work again once you're able?

Basically White is saying that he quit on the team, and now the team isn't begging him to get back on it. Yeah, I'm guessing the Rockets have better things to do than to kiss his ass trying to get him back on the team again. And I bet they'll also try to use this to recuperate money later. After all, if White asked to leave the team and he never tries to get back on it, why should the Rockets pay him?

17. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

At this point there's no need to read much into anything this guy says or does. Until he steps onto an NBA basketball court, the only thing he stands for is red in the accounting ledger.

18. coffeelover665

man I kinda feel for the guy. After this stunt, he will not have another job in the NBA as a player,, can't play in a d-league after this I'm sure, can't do the one thing he has been training for his whole life, Good game. and good riddance to be honest.

19. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

He's a good role model because he's pro-life? This thread desperately needs some positivity. He's probably busy making another miracle right now, as was His plan. #Immaculate #BeFruitful #Hoezzzz

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This guy got his 15 minutes and now he's the laughing stock of the NBA. Whats he going to do now that the media world now wont give him the time of day, and genuinely tries not to pay attention to his BS on Twitter?

I myself stopped following him on Twitter about 6 months ago as Im sure most of you on here did too because of his 24/7 blabbing on about how great of a person he is.

I think most people genuinely care about causes out there, and really wanted to care about mental health, but if you want to be a spokesperson for a cause you need to bring SOMETHING to the table at the end of the day for people to listen to you. Lets face it, Bono is only able to help children in Africa with Aids because he made the Joshua Tree with U2.

Royce, your 15 minutes is now through, and nobody gives a crap about anything you will ever say. I hope this guy realizes in 20 years that he alone made a mockery of what could have been a perfect chance to truly tackle one of the biggest causes in the modern world.... Enjoy that crown of shame Royce.