1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey: Rockets Will Replace Landry Through Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by LongTimeFan, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Dreamlead

Dreamlead Member

Just felt like it would be fun to bump up this thread.

Morey did say something about possibly replacing Landry through the draft and now that it's come to fruition that we have Patrick Patterson. Look at the OP intro about possibly bigs in the draft and their NBA comparisons. Funny how Patrick Patterson is compared to Carl Landry.

Was this some sort for foreshadowing? ;)

(Probably not but I just found it funny how it turned out that Morey mentions the draft as a avenue of replacing Landry)

1 person likes this.
  2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Nice bump!

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

from the pages i read i dont think one person mentioned that they wanted patrick patterson.

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Oh some people were very nice about Patrick...

I made it through 10 pages to get these... there may be more between there and here but I figured this is enough people to pat on the back ;)

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Thanks Maury!

6. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Patterson has been playing hurt all season. He can barely even dunk right now. Just give him a full off season and see how he does next year. We need to trade Scola to free up time for Patterson and Donuts. That's all.

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I remember the injury free PPAT from last season and I'd definitely take that over Landry, Scola, etc.

8. Kwame

How many undersized pfs later and the Rockets still haven't replaced Landry. Good job Maury.

1 person likes this.
  9. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

What has Landry done since leaving.

10. Kwame

Landry has played well everywhere he's went. He's currently playing better than PatPat while coming off the bench for Golden State. Either way the point still stands: How many undersized pfs later and the Rockets still haven't replaced Landry.

11. dmoneybangbang

Zero. Now what?

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

His name was Luis Scola, bro.

13. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Both guys averaging 25min a game,(pats against starters, carls against the bench)
    • Landry 12 ppg, Pat 11ppg
    • Landry 6 rpg, Pat 4 rpg
    • Landry 4million a year, Pat 2million

Landry is a nice dude but Morey was smart to trade him. Plus Pats not here permanently

14. Kwame

That's why this thread is being bumped. Maury has failed to deliver on his statement that the Rockets will replace Landry through the draft almost 3 years ago.

Landry has closed games out for GState and he often plays against the other teams best players. He also has a higher per, fg%, and ts%. Also, PatPat is averaging 10.6 ppg...I like how you rounded it up to 11 to make him look better, lol. I could also say Landry is averaging 7 rpg even though it's 6.7 Last, if you actually watch Warriors games, which it is obvious you don't, you would see that Landry has a much bigger impact than PatPat, which is most likely why Landry is averaging 3.9 win shares this season while PatPat is at 2.3.

Again, one more time, the point still stands: How many undersized pfs later and the Rockets still haven't replaced Landry. Even if you believe that PatPat is an adequate replacement, which you seem to by your response, you just admitted that he's not a long-term solution, which only further proves that Maury still hasn't replaced Landry like he said he would almost 3 years ago, which once more, is the entire point of this thread. Don't be afraid to criticize Maury on this issue. He deserves it.

#314 Kwame, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  15. BreakYoSelfFool

I liked Landry, but I would rather us replace Chuck Hayes
    But since you have an issue:

Parsons+Morris+PPat+DMo+TJones+Royce= Replaced

16. Kwame

Parsons plays sf. Morris isn't really a pf and he's reverted back to busy Morris status from last season. DMo and TJones have hardly played. Royce hasn't played at all. PatPat is not better than Landry. Thus, its been 3 years and he still hasn't been replaced. Hopefully, the Rockets get a very good pf sooner rather than later.

#316 Kwame, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  17. Outlier

Outlier Member

Wow, Carl Landry. The difference maker. Let's go cry about that guy.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So we traded Carl Landry for Kevin Martin, and Kevin Martin for James Harden.

Daryl Morey.

Carl Landry is an excellent player, but the money post Rockets is money that I am super happy that we didn't pay him considering we had Scola, and especially considering that we were in a very different situation at the time. Hell, we were still hoping for a Yao recovery with Lowry/Martin/Scola. Post Yao, Landry and Scola types are not needed. High upside rookies are the target at every position. Developing or trading or signing a second and even a third star is the priority. Landry was none of those.

A few thoughts:
    Patrick is 6 years younger than Carl Landry.
    Patrick can shoot the three pointer at nearly 35%, and that number will likely improve.
    Have we seen a healthy Patterson yet?
    Carl Landry has been overwhelmingly average in the playoffs. Nothing too special to see here, leastly on defense.
    His talent is not special enough for me to start backtracking. It's very similar to the Rudy Gay situation.

Carl Landry and Rudy Gay are slightly above the margin type players, 4th-5th options on championship teams.

19. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

20. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

No, i got a real job son