1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tank or Win?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jenopogi, Oct 18, 2012.

?

Tank or Win

1. Tank

80 vote(s)
    41.5%
  2. Win

113 vote(s)
    58.5%
  1. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

I created this thread just so pro tankers and pro winning clearly know where they stand. I just can't understand the reactions when the Rockets loose (as in this preseason). If the players did not defend well - if can not get the shot - complain. If team lost, lots of critiques. Thought, you wanted the top picks? The only way to get there is loose. It seems like, you want to win but get the top pick also. Funny reactions after a win, all are light hearted and then sayin, don't play delfino, don't play Martin, they taking time away from the rooks. I rather we loose but burn the rooks, they are the future, blah, blah, blah.

Yes, so which are you really? There is no fast forward to the draft season. You like the rockets to be winning or you want it to be loosing?

2. Summer Song Giver

If only we could have the top pick and win the championship.

3. mirus

mirus Member

can u create a poll?not sure if u can edit if u r not a contributing member though.

4. mirus

mirus Member

who wont want that lol

5. GCWTexans

GCWTexans Member

You play to win the game....Always.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yes, let's tank! Since getting a roster full of really talented young players doesn't seem to be doing the trick, let's trade them all for a bunch of absolutely UNtalented young players!

7. Jenopogi

I thought about it (yes, we can start a poll as members). But my intent is just to solicit thoughts on what most clutch fans see. I also wanted to note which posters says what, not to call them out in the future, but gauge their cred on their post. Like are they solid to their beliefs or flip flopping. It's ok to change when more games are done, it's different when the flip floppers change sides every game.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Also...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Jenopogi

Sorry, poll is a good idea. It's easier to see % of CF feels, if with numbers.

10. mirus

mirus Member

to answer your question,i would like a top pick,so I guess I'm a pro tanker.but i think we will see how it goes after ASB.I'm not a fan of tanking TBH .although I do accept it seeing how this team misses out some major FA in past few yrs.(admittedly one is due to Stern).I'm ok with another direction tho.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Murray or Less said that we won't ever tank, so there's no point in really discussing it. What we need to do is win or lose with the younger guys and get rid of Martin.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's an interesting question. One that's never really been discussed on this bbs before.

1 person likes this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Tank!

I hope our rookies are busts!

14. mirus

mirus Member

Actually they can be project players and suddenly have a breakout year in the 2nd :p

15. mazinger

mazinger Member

[​IMG]

16. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

lol awesome

17. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Win! I watch sports for entertainment. Losing is not entertaining.

To tank is to surrender without putting up a fight. And tanking is unsportsmanlike.

If my city has a really bad basketball team, I move on to something else - hockey, soccer, until they attract my interest again.

Plus we have a player whose-name-shall-not-be-spoken who had lead his so-so whose-names-shall-not-be-spoken high school and college teams to some good winning records. That player can't will games by himself, but he can definitely make his teammates better and influence them in many positive ways.

The Rockets will be so much fun to watch this season. Be optimistic!

18. Raven

Raven Member

The poll should be:

45 wins, no playoffs, and the 14th pick

25 wins, no playoffs, and a top five pick.

In other words are you willing to see your "non playoff" team lose an extra 20 games for a top five pick and a decent chance of that pick being number one overall?

The answer is yes. Regular season victories are meaningless unless your team is a legitimate contender to win a Championship.

1 person likes this.
  19. Jenopogi

ever since I have been reading a lot of this player, this is the most apt comment I have seen :grin:.

I am a fan of a player whose-name-shall-not-spoken. In any nba threads, ever. :grin:

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

What if you're fighting a losing battle like we have been doing for the past 3 years? You do get to find out that you have some great role players, but without a franchise player (or the possibility to get one), your team is ultimately nothing in the nba. You'll just be stuck in mediocrity (like the Suns).

Strategically lose the battle in order have a much better chance to ultimately win the war.

But since we won't tank, do the next best thing; play the young guys.