1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How improved will Durant be next season?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Jun 23, 2012.

?

What changes will we see from Durant next season?

1. An even better scorer? 32+ PPG?

16 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. More well-rounded player? More assists, less turnovers?

56 vote(s)
    62.2%
  3. DPOY?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Get ripped like Kevin Garnett? Or get swoll like LeBron?

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. No change, same player

14 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Outlier

Outlier Member

This experience probably lit a fire under his arse and I expect him to be motivated as heck in the offseason.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I doubt he change much
    He reminds me of TMAC . . the game is easy for him
    He is Top 3 player in the league . . . . if not top 2

What would I like him to work on?
    1. No behind the back dribbling in traffic at half court!!@!!!
    2. Defense
    3. Passing
    4. movement off the ball . . he is good already but could be better. IF he could get that catch and shoot like Dale Ellis he'd be lethal

Rocket River

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I doubt he improves much because the Olympics will blow up his off-season training and leave him drained. I expect him to start next season very slowly.

This is what happened in 2010 after he was overworked in the World Championships.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He is going to be way better at basketball then I am

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He needs to seek out Sensei Olajuwon for lessons for he is still but a grasshopper when he is in the post... if he doesn't then I expect minimal improvement.

[​IMG]

6. Mr. Space City

he'll still be around 30 ppg with amazing efficiency.

he'll still be the best scorer in the league.

he needs to put on a little bit more weight, but not too much so guys can't rough him up off the ball and push him from his spots like the past 2 years

i would like to see him at around 5 assist per game ad put more effort to making a bigger defensive impact.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Are you basing this point just off that one possession where he turned it over? A Miami player lunged for the ball, forcing Durant to either go behind the back or do a crossover. But a crossover would have resulted in a TO too.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

+1. These Olympics will take away from many of the stars' normal offseason training, and it's a draining commitment.

I would never lose respect for a player if he chooses to not play in order to improve and help his team.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I saw him doing like three times and get stripped each time.
    He is 6'11. Pick up the ball. If the collapse on him . . he is 6'11!!!

Rocket River

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If he can add 5-10 lbs of muscle to his frame and he can become a post-up threat from midpost like Lebron and Dirk are, then he could take the final step forward. Everything else in his game is already there. He needs to be able to catch the ball back-to-the-basket in the midpost area and operate with his back to the basket.

11. manlisten

manlisten Member

Yea I saw it twice and both times it was just poor court awareness. Trying to run the fast break in a crowd. Either outlet pass or just let the defense clear out and set up the half court game.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's learning how to win. How to put his stamp on the game and influence victory. He's also learning when to exert energy in different areas - rebounding, defense.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Several recent articles have said this year is the last time the best American NBA players go to the Olympics.

14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I agree, the only problem is Westbrook never gets them in any sets. He pushes the ball almost every posessions and goes straight to the rack or pulls up for a jay. With Westbrook and Harden being ball stoppers, it's hard for Durant to motivate himself to continuously move without the ball.