1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2012 NBA FINALS - Heat vs. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 713, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Predictions?

1. Heat in 4

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Heat in 5

14 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Heat in 6

48 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Heat in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. OKC in 4

15 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. OKC in 5

32 vote(s)
    8.4%
  7. OKC in 6

170 vote(s)
    44.9%
  8. OKC in 7

65 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. manlisten

manlisten Member

That's not what happened. The Thunder had built up a lead, correct, but the lead was starting to slip not when Westbrook was benched but when he was still in the game making horrible decisions. In 4 straight plays he had a turnover, forced up two shots and then another turnover when he was out of control and ran over Battier. He needed to be benched because the Heat were taking back the momentum. Once Westbrook was out OKC pushed the lead back up to double digits but eventually struggled to score with a lineup of Harden, Cook, Fisher, Ibaka/Sefolosha/Cook and Collison. This is why Harden is a role player btw, he gets driving lanes and single coverage playing off of Durant/Westbrook but is limited offensively (no post/midrange game).

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xJr7K05SsTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

All the Thunder need to do to beat Miami is get Durant to stop taking stupid fouls. LeBron isn't getting KD in foul trouble, Durant pointlessly reaching in on a fast break or biting on pump fakes because he's trying to block everything is getting him a seat on the bench.

If he doesn't get in foul trouble in game 3, OKC is leading this series. That game only changed because he went to the bench, and Brooks made the idiotic decision to take Westbrook out for 6-7 minutes at the same time.

OKC is going be very desperate tonight, and I expect them to find a way to get game 4.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is not pickup game. This is professional basketball. Perkins is not paid to have fun. He is paid to play a role so that the team can win. And his role is rebound, defend, set picks, and get himself open under the basket when he's not setting picks.

He has not been protecting the paint very well on defense. That's his job.

That said, Durant is making a lot of bad decisions out there. And Harden playing like crap doesn't help.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

While true, it is a bit vague with the narrative when it comes to their regaining of the 'double digit lead'.

Lead was 9 - westbrook struggled and KD was pulled with the lead at 7 - lead went to 6, and Brooks pulled WB with five minutes remaining (40 seconds after KD was pulled).

Next play Fisher hit the 3 + 1. Lead goes to 10.

Lead slowly dwindled, and with 8 fts by Miami and 7 fts by OKC, Westbrook continued to sit for what felt like hours IRL, despite EVERYONE struggling for the Thunder on offense.

In the bad stretch by WB, I'd take those last 2 plays by WB all day. One was a missed driving layup, and the other was him passing out of the paint. Bad results, but good intentions. (good job, good effort)

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

I've noticed this. The majority of Durant's fouls are reach in type fouls where he is swatting at the ball. If he would just stay in front of his man and not reach, he'd maybe get 2 fouls per game, max. He does have quick hands and thinks he can get the steal every time, but it isn't worth it because sometimes when you reach like that even if you get all ball, the foul is called.

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Thunder win tonight (if Durant isnt in foul trouble)

9. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0H7BHdtCIE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't blame Brooks for taking out WB for 2-3 mins, but he sat way too long. Brooks was bone-headed for removing KD from the game at all. He never got his rhythm back. Sitting both guys together at the same time was just idiotic. KD should have gone back in the second WB sat.

I've avoided much of the post-game articles and ESPN talking heads, but like game 2, a bunch of what I did hear/read were the national guys doubting Brooks' decision-making and substitutions. People say the Thunder "isn't ready". The main guy who isn't is Brooks.

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

Thunder resorting to trash talking, they are melting down: "Serge Ibaka: LeBron James is not a good defender and can't guard Durant 1 on 1".

Some extra motivation for the king tonight.

12. s.b713

s.b713 Member

13. s.b713

s.b713 Member

14. s.b713

s.b713 Member

LMAO i suck i cant even post a youtube link correctly

15. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

You need to click on the "embed" button after clicking on "share".

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

stern really wants that game 7 :rolleyes:

17. Marteen

Marteen Member

I just don't get it. I'm still in shock that the Thunder are down 2-1 against the Heat. Don't get me wrong, there is no question that Lebron James is the best player in this series, but I feel the Thunder has the better team. Harden HAS to get on a roll or the Thunder are done.

18. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

SMH! Only one maybe 2 of those were fouls...

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Thunder wouldve won last game if it wasnt for Durant foul trouble and stupid fouls on 3 point attempts and yes Harden needs to show up. They will win tonight

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

I like this guy's analysis.

But I disagree with that three Westbrook took @ ~33 secs left in the game.

A wide open three is a wide open three. Take it.