1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barea's replacement in Dallas is Jerome Randle

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jopatmc, Dec 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Watch this guy blow it up for Dallas off the bench this season. I think he's the quickest player in the entire league. There will be no dropoff losing Barea in Dallas.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Crap. This kid was like a deadlier Aaron Brooks in college.

He wasn't drafted and played overseas. I really like the kid and I think he will be badass.

3. sinobball

sinobball Member

what about Beaubois?

4. jopatmc

I would expect him to get minutes. He's very quick as well. Dallas is going to be totally crazy off the bench. If Brandon can give them anything as the starting center, they should be very, very good again, even though they lost Barea and Chandler.

5. jopatmc

Yes, he was. I was hoping that Morey would sign him to a FA 4-year minimum deal and let him develop with us. That guy can flat out score the ball. He cannot be contained.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

About Barea: Not that he doesn't deserve credit for some good play, but if he wasn't on a talented team that ended up winning the title, would he still have gotten paid $19 million for 4 years for being exactly the same player?

Seems like he just got paid, to a substantial part, for his teammates' performance.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

He did but he carried his weight during the championship run, he did his part. Not worth 4.75 mil per year but he was very solid. They couldn't stop his penetration.

8. VBG

VBG Member

Roddy Beaubois is already better than Barea.

9. k-money

k-money Member

highlights?

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Barea played over his head in the playoffs. During the season when I watched the Mavs, the guy was totally worthless unless he was hitting shots. He isn't that hard to replace.

Roddy can easily make people forget about Barea if he plays like he's capable of. This season there are no more excuses.

11. gah

gah Member

Give the guy some f.ing credit. Is Barea cashing in? Yes. Did he get paid for his performance in a champhionship team? Yes. Was it just because of his teammates? I don't think so, Barea is not this year's Ariza, he is not a passive I'll just stand here and shoot type of guy, he makes plays, he plays with bravado and he is going to try to stick it up to you. We got swept by Dallas last year, I remember Barea owning us in 3 of those 4 games.

He is going to give you 15-20 quality minutes off the bench, but I agree Dallas is not going to miss him all that much.

12. jopatmc

While you are talking about Roddy, remember the name Jerome Randle.

13. jopatmc

Barea is a skilled baller. A shrimp, like Randle, but nevertheless very skilled and smart with the basketball. He creates off his jumper. When he is hot, it forces the defense to overplay, then once he gets by, he's like a little firefly buzzing around the paint, he can get off those mickey mouse dispy doos or he can dish it if the collapse on him. With the rules of today's game, there is a spot on every team's roster for guys like him to survive and thrive. Yeah, I think Minny overpaid for him. Because there are other players like Randle that can do the same thing for much less. Nevertheless, he was a stud in the playoffs and a big piece of that championship team. I expect Randle will give them the same thing this season, however with less experience, will probably turn it over a little more than Barea but will score just as effectively, maybe even more effectively than Barea did last season.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ah, the Finals champion bonus.

James Posey begot Trevor Ariza. Aziza begot Tyson Chandler/Barea.

15. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

lol, smh ... For those that don't know

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MSFyOjU1hI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No he is not. He could not even make the floor most of last season and in the play-offs because Rick does not trust him.

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Expect Domanique Jones to get most of Barea's minutes. He's really more of a two guard but is a much better distributer than Roddy. If Roddy breaks into the rotation you might see him and Jones on the floor together. Rick does not trust Roddy with the ball in his hands but he seems to have a lot of trust in Jones so far.

18. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I thought roddy was coming back from a broken leg?

19. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

His replacement is Roddy/thread

20. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

He was injured most of last season. When he was not, he played and played very well. He is the reason they were not worried about bringing JJ back. Roddy has more potential than JJ as a overall player.