1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hunt, Joerger Arrive For Rockets Interviews

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AnnaMegan, Jun 5, 2011.

1. AnnaMegan

AnnaMegan Member

1 person likes this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Maybe it's just me, but it says 'page not found'.

3. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Clutchfans be nice.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Seems to work for me.

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

I'm not sure your personality is the type that would mesh well with Clutchfans. But you're still here now, aren't you?

I say we give this Joerger a shot.

6. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Page not for for me. Maybe only those who are worthy of 610 is allowed to access the page.

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

It didn't work for me at first either, but now it does. I've passed the test. Here is the answer:

Save the cheerleader
    Save the world

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

with all due respect, it doesn't matter if your not sure about Joerger's personality, unless you can support that statement.

10. junshao

junshao Contributing Member

When I clicked a few minutes ago the original link worked, now it doesn't. Weird.
    Anyway here is link I get from my web browser address bar, seems correct:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nba/110603-hunt-joerger-arrive-for-rockets-interviews

content of the article as follows:

Hunt, Joerger Arrive For Rockets Interviews
    Lakers' Person on Rockets' Radar

Updated: Saturday, 04 Jun 2011, 12:37 AM CDT
    Published : Friday, 03 Jun 2011, 1:03 PM CDT
    MARK BERMAN
    Sports Director

Houston - Denver Nuggets assistant Melvin Hunt and Memphis Grizzlies assistant David Joerger arrived in Houston Friday morning for interviews with Rockets officials. The team is in the process of building a staff for new head coach Kevin McHale, who was introduced Friday during a news conference at Toyota Center.

Hunt worked for the Rockets from 1999-2004 in several capacities, including two years as an assistant coach. After leaving Houston he spent one season as an assistant with the Los Angeles Lakers and five years with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
    Hunt just completed his first season with the Nuggets.
    It's exciting," Hunt said in an interview with FOX 26 Sports after arriving at Bush Intercontinental Airport. "To get a chance to sit down with some folks I know and meet some folks and just kind of interview each other, go back and forth and talk a little bit.
    "I've gotten a chance to grow and mature and that's a big thing to me. I think they know a lot about me and I know a lot about them."
    Hunt considers himself to be in a great situation. He works for the Nuggets, but may have the opportunity to return to where it all began for him in the NBA. "It's always good to have some options," Hunt said. "This is intriguing. I llike the direction the Rockets are going hiring Coach McHale. I like where I am with Denver. "This is just an opportunity to look at and sit down with some folks I already know."

Joerger has been with the Grizzlies for four years. Prior to that he had compiled one of the most successful records ever as a head coach in minor league basketball. Joerger most recently won the NBA Development League championship with the Dakota Wizards in 2007. He also won one title in the International Basketball Association and three championships in the Continential Baskeball Association. Joerger also won two coach of the year Honors in the CBA. He politely declined comment to FOX 26 Sports after his arrival at Bush Intercontinental Airport.

Also, the Rockets have received permission to interview Los Angles Lakers assistant Chuck Person.
    John Black, the Lakers vice-president/public relations, confirmed the story to FOX 26 Sports.
    Person played 13 years in the NBA, the first six with the Indiana Pacers.
    Person just completed his first season with the Lakers.
    Prior to that he was an assistant with the Sacramento Kings for two years and the Pacers for two years.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I can get to the page, but it's just a short blurb.

Umm how do I listen to the interviews?

There is a link to listen right?

It's not just an article about who's interviewing followed by a random unsubstantiable opinion, is it...

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Old news is old.

13. AnnaMegan

AnnaMegan Member

Nope.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Any particular reasons? I thought he'd be a guy the Rockets front office really likes.

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Durv, you're asking questions to a spambot. As for the reasons: because he "politely declined comment to FOX 26 Sports". lol

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nope, you're not here? I don't get it.

17. Damion Laverne

There AnnaMegan goes startin' **** again...

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Thanks for providing more than a link this time.

19. PeppermintCandy

LOL we clutchfans guys are so sensitive.

So is it Hunt or Joerger for the head assistant position? No chance both these assistant coaches would be added to the coaching staff?

And I would've thought McHale would bring in at least one of his previous assistant coaches with him. I suppose he could do it after the head assistant coach position gets filled.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anna

you are spammer...you know that right.