1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Venting] Shady activity by poster King of 40 Acres

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by airbulllard, Apr 24, 2007.

1. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Yah this is sincerely what happened- not trying to make excuses but I seriously told my dad that I had told airbullard that I would purchase his tickets and that by not doing so I would be leaving him high and dry 1.5 hrs before tip, but my dad couldn't see spending $20 more dollars on tickets from someone that he didn't trust and so he just bought from the box office. This still doesn't justify my actions- I should have just not made the deal in the first place. But I am also glad we got this resolved and I plan on apologizing to airbullard via e-mail/phone tomorrow when I have more time.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

King of 40 Acres good move to make amends for the issue.

I've sold tickets on here a few times and I'd feel the same way Air did if someone pulled out but I think you did apologize and make amends for it. :cool:

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

goooo rocketsssssssssssss

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

KO4A, you did the right thing. I think we all forgive you.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Good move, since AirBullard said so as well, I'd suggest to say case closed, now let's beat up the Jazz instead of King of 40 acres :D.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

BOOOO.
    UTAH SUCKS

I was hoping for some type of fight between airbullard and Ko40A in the Octagon.

The only thing I may not have liked about this thread is using Kof40A's name in the thread.

Just say some random dude off the BBS, and then we can do our own research.

8. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Well done!

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sounded like a misunderstanding the whole time.

The problem is that KO40 tried to say he would be buying the tickets, when in reality his dad was buying them.....

And since his dad could care less about this site....it left him looking bad.

Glad it all worked out.

Both of you are ok in my book.

DD

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Fawk this. I want to see some friggin' blood. NOW!

I HATE LIFE AND WANT TO DIE OMG!!

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Getting caught between your own word that relies on the actions of another is a crappy place to be in.. and as a young adult its even harder when those people are your parents. You don't want to admit that they were involved in any way, its a pride thing, but alas, lesson learned.

12. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I'm still wondering how they still had tickets available for the game at the box office

13. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

well done both of you guys.

14. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

You are trash & should be banished from this site.

Your dumbass way of trying to jailhouse lawyer your way out of tghis by throwing around meaningless phrases like "mutual risk" is pathetic.

YOU ALSO LIED TO THE GUY, JACKASS! You told him you were just gonna buy tix from the BO, here you admit you got a better deal?

Pathetic.

#154 Rocket G, Apr 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  15. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

situation handled...i guess i can edit out my name calling.

#155 3814, Apr 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  16. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

airbullard, you are a good guy - you have more patience, tolerance, and an ability to forgive than most of us.

Still, having Daddy's Boy dump $30 bucks into the tip jar doesn't excuse the fact that he he f'd another member over like this.

Only reason he donated anything was because the CF community shamed him into doing so - and swilkins, the guy is 22. If at that age he doesn't realize he pulled a b**** move UNTIL an entire fanbase condemns him then he is an idiot.

Yeah maybe I'm not as forgiving as some of you, but I've been shafted exactly like this by Craiglist assholes before. They make the deal & then run around the TC trying to get a better one. When they do you are SOL.

Someone's word as a man no longer carries any meaning.

17. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Look, if airbullard is happy with the donation to the tip jar, then I think it's a done deal and everyone should be happy. But, being 22 years old, you needed to man up to your dad and tell him that you gave someone your word and you have to stick to it. If he's worried about getting fake tickets, the very easy remedy would be to ask airbullard to walk up to the gate with you. If i understand correctly, he was still going to the game, just getting rid of some extra tickets, so I think he would've been happy to walk through the gates with you.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

LOCK THIS THREAD!

19. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Just so everyone knows what I was getting at... I wouldn't have mentioned the username at first.

I would have tried to settle it off the BBS...

Yes, Ko40A messed him over... but did I need to know it before he had a chance to contact him again and perhaps make it right?

And... stub hub works well... you can leave the tickets at will call, etc.

So the other point is this.. use a service, get it in writing. ;)

20. spydermex

spydermex Member

i kno this guy kingof40acres....im a friend.....before ne body talks or speaks on his behalf...let me clear up on wat type of guy he truly is.......this guy is an *******...he came to my house and told me would go half and half on a case....but he didnt pay me back because he said he didnt believe he got trashed enough....hes done this kind of thing before.....i lost 12 bucks...and i only drank half of a beer and he snatched the other half...and kept tellin me he want to be an actual king....then he went up to my bathroom and took the biggest dump....the kind were cant even see the water ne more....and didnt flush, wat a douche.....

2 people like this.