1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Brien appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Oct 5, 2020.

1. msn

msn Member

/thread.

ROXRAN likes this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

BoB would have won today.

/s

raining threes likes this.
  3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He would have lost 28-10

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

No chance Bootychin would've went for multiple 4th downs like Romeo did... We would be gotten beat 45-17

DreamShook, Fulgore and clos4life like this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

BOB couldn't get this offense to score more than 24 points. I dont see how you can think he would get them over 36 points.

7. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

After this defensive performance against the Titans, you can appreciate how O'Brien spent all his money on offense, while giving Cunningham, Murray and Mercilus those ridiculous contracts that will hurt the Texans for the next 2-3 years.

Kim and raining threes like this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Maybe I made the "/s" a little too small in my original post, if three posters didn't see it...

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the long term damage BOB did to this team is incalculable, defense is a shambles and no means to fix it for several years

reminds me of what that Russian billionaire owner did to the Nets, took them many years to recover

10. Texanstradamus

chip Kelly

3Rings likes this.
  11. raining threes

An aging roster.

12. raining threes

The Eagles won the SB soon after Kelly was let go.

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

3 years after he left

14. raining threes

I expect it to take the Texans another 4 yrs to rebuild their org.

15. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Combined with a lack of young talent (2 full time starters from the past 3 draft classes) and little draft capital, the damage BoB did is just ridiculous.

16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I seriously doubt it takes that long.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Could be shorter, could be longer.

18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It might take a while to undo the damage. His decisions will have some long term consequences that you’ll either have to wait out or actively work to repair, which will require some skill or luck from whatever GM comes in next. Not to mention however long it’s going to take for the new coaching staff to come together and gel. Make no mistake, there’s going to be some pain along the way. O’Brien really ****ed this team.

19. conquistador#11

It's never that bad in the NFL. We can use the 2010 season and their 4 additions they made as an example. I still love the thread title to one of them, "Rockstar Wade". The new coaching staff will bring their own D-coordinator.

Then you add two impact players to this 'defense' instead of a big name like they did with JJO and Danieal Manning. The next one is just as important, get a rookie impact player with that 2nd round pick you acquired for trading Watt at 2pm on November 3rd, which also helps in signing those 2 free agents for the Defense. The final step pray Blalock, Greenard and Lonnie take the next step. The threads wanted Kareem Jackson gone after that rookie year and Cushing was atrocious fighting with Ninja in that Denver game. We thought Cushing would never be the same if he couldn't take his Bane serum. As it turned out getting illegal chop blocks to each of his knees was his undoing.

That should make your defense at least average for now. I would take a 15th ranked defense right now.

On a offense I thought it was mistake benching Max after the 1 game he went the wrong way. Martin has been in the league 5 seasons and he's still doing dumb things for a 'smart' guy.

vinsensual likes this.