1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 13, 2020.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Only teams with aspirations of success choke... Had this been in wk 4 or earlier, it's a choke...

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

pause.

TWS1986 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  3. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

I continue to hear how great Anthony Weaver is with defensive schemes and that he’ll be great. It for damn sure hasn’t translated into the field. I understand there is a lack of talent on the defense, but to give up this many yards and not be able to stop the run so far this season is ridiculous.

4. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

No it's totally defensible!

Now catching a pass on the sidelines and trying to juke 3 guys at once instead of going out of bounds with scant few seconds remaining in the 1st half & in scoring position like David Johnson did, THAT'S a stupid move.

Or Will Fuller inexplicably catching a 2nd down pass 2 yards away from a 1st down and instead of just diving forward for the last two yards, trying to do some kind of horrid stutter-step and getting stuffed 1 yard short. Now THAT'S a stupid move!

Romeo's move was gutsy and the right move.
    It just didn't get the right result.

GradyMcTracy likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Fun Fact: Titans ran the ball the same number of times as the Texans and had 171 more yards

Nook, GradyMcTracy, Xenon and 6 others like this.
  6. what

what Member

Derrick Henry is better than David Johnson, by a lot.
    Without that we definitely wouldn't have won this game. We spotted y'all two extra turnovers in key situations.

7. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My sauces say, the team is fielding offers for multiple players.

My sauces are good.

TWS1986 likes this.
  8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

The worse move was calling TAILS vs HEADS on the OT coin toss.

GradyMcTracy, TWS1986 and Nimo like this.
  9. Mr. Space City

Now the Texans are some analytics based team? When that happen?

I doubt a 73 year old Romeo Crennel is an analytics nerd.

BigM, red5rocket, Xenon and 7 others like this.
  10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

They did not choked. The Texans did what they suppose to do. The Titans were just better at the end.

TWS1986 likes this.
  11. magman

magman Member

Few thoughts:

1. Deshaun needs to be let loose, when he's passing good things happen. Hopefully this shuts up a few of his haters until the next game. He's the least of the teams problems.

2. Red Zone offense play calling sucked! Kept trying to ram David Johnson and it was ugly, tried a few trick plays and they didn't work, leaving Deshaun to bail them out. Just let him cook already.

3. David Johnson sucks. He's slow, and his decision to cut in and stay in bound before the half was dumb. Duke needs to play much more.

4. Defense can't tackle to save their lives. It wasn't just missed tackles on Henry, the defense missed plenty of tackles on 3rd down.

5. Which brings me to this, RAC knew the defense wasn't gonna stop them with 1:40 on the clock and elected to go for 2 to put them up by 9. Cobb was wide open on it too. Defense of course backpedaled all the way and gave up a TD (I don't think it was a TD though)

All in all defense (secondary) and offensive line need soo much more talent to be a good team and a consistent winner imo, and I don't know where they can get that talent.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I honestly would have thought it was more

Nook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

How bad would this defense be if Roby hadnt resigned? My Gawd

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If the Texans made Morey the GM I'd be dancing and singing in the rain.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not by a lot, by an entire universe. We have no idea why the team won't rely on the pass more but the offense put up enough points to win regardless so I won't go too hard on the offensive playcalling.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Exactly. Trying to go up by 9 was the correct decision. The Titans took the ball two times in a row and went right down the field to end the game. We couldn’t stop them. Henry was running over and injuring our players. Some of our players on defense looked like they were afraid to even get near Henry.

GradyMcTracy likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Video of the 2 pt conversion

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Nero

Nero Member

Yes, there is a lot of stupid on the Texans.

But in this case, going for two was not the right play, it has only maybe a 40% chance of success, whereas going up by 8, at minimum, forces the other team to HAVE to succeed on a2pt conversion, which, again. Is at best a 40% proposition.

It was a stupid decision. Sure, looks genius if they make it, but the odds were against it, and as a result, you don't force the other team to have to make it instead of you.

Stupid stupid stupid.