1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All this talk about not being a Rockets fan anymore

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Oct 17, 2020.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Morey-Only, and eventually Harden-Only fans will be weeded out.

daywalker02, Rudyc281 and J.R. like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Im still here...I guess. But they arent getting my money at all. I wish we could trade some of our fanbase though. :D

javal_lon likes this.
  3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Been around for the ups and downs the last 25+ years, I will say that if it indeed does come out that Morey was let go over a tweet, I have a problem with that. It is a social justice and free speech issue that the team is on the wrong side of over money. In my opinion it is not what this country represents, and not sure about supporting a team that does not prioritize its local fan base. They should not be able to put the name of the city on the front of their jersey if that is the case. The rumor immediately after the tweet was that Morey would be let go at the end of the season, and look at where we are, Tilman is a story teller, and it is obvious what he says and does do not align.

malakas likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tilman's time will come but you're stuck with his family.

And y'all are upset at the stupidest ****. "He's wrecking the team! OH MY GOD! I'm done! I'm out!" LOL Bye Felicia.

Oh no, he wrote a book!
    Oh no, he put a mural up of himself/his family! The horror!
    Oh no, he won't pay the luxury tax! Where was this same energy for Leslie Alexander? Rockets aren't a luxury tax paying team. Haven't been and they won't be.
    Oh no, his son works in the front office! Oh no! The horror! You act like Patrick is the GM, pulling the trigger and Daryl, Rafael, Gersson, Monte were just in the background, off to the side.
    Oh no, he has a #TilmanTuesday segment on CNBC!

Where's that energy for James Harden? When does he get his share? They've catered to this guy the last 8 years. They run everything by him. They get his input on everything. He runs everything on the court. James Harden wanted his friend Russell Westbrook. James Harden is gonna choose the next coach (or at the very least have his blessing). Perhaps it'll be John Lucas, the very coach you don't want. I know Harden won't be taking the blame. It'll be Tilman. "Tilman's cheap! Tilman can't afford a real coach!" And if he hired Ty Lue, Glenn Rivers or Jeff Van Gundy, Tilman just wanted to make a splash, make headlines! Same with Eric Gordon. "Terrible, awful extension! Why did they extend him? Stupid Tilman!" And had they not extended him and let him walk here in a few weeks, "Stupid cheap ass Tilman!"

If Tilman is the one the making decisions, who cares who the GM (in name/title only) is?
    And if Tilman needed to stay in his lane and let his GM do his job, does that mean Daryl needed to stay in his lane and out of coaching? Hire a puppet, hire the puppet's assistants, tell the puppet how to play, assemble the puppet's roster... What other GM has a philosophy/system named after him? (LOL And the guy never played a second of competitive basketball. At least Rafael Stone played college ball.) Is there Masaiball? Aingeball? Myersball? Prestiball? Bufordball? Is Masai telling Nick Nurse how to play? Is Buford telling Pop how to coach? Is Bob Myers calling down to Steve Kerr?

Everything good was Daryl Morey's "brilliance".
    Everything bad was Leslie Alexander's & Tilman's fault.

PDJACK7, SkareKrow, T for 3 and 2 others like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Morey has his faults. Tilman is a bad owner. One of them is here to stay. I don’t know how much money you spend on this team but as a consumer it’s my right to not spend on the team. I’ll never quit rooting for them but my investment both emotional and financial will fade with time because I have a career, other interests and a family. Tilman will speed it up to now and quickly vs gradual. Lucas being hired will cause me to immediately give up faith of this core but i promise I’ll never leave this team. Been a fan my whole life not stopping because Tilman.

#45 treyk3, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Thank you for saying it JR ...it’s mind boggling how harden always leaves unscathed. No mystery that Tillman always runs every move by him. He’s his cash cow

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. LosRockets2011

LosRockets2011 Contributing Member

Keep being cheap tillman. Me and plenty others wont renew season tickets. Lebeurge instead of golden nugget from now on aswell.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I will never stop being a Rockets fan, but that doesn't mean I have to let myself get emotionally invested in them anymore.

It's honestly a helpless feeling watching this happen to something that's meant so much to you for so long.

AroundTheWorld, malakas and treyk3 like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

And I’ll keep saying it too. There won’t be one so you won’t be going anywhere for the rockets anyway

HP3 and javal_lon like this.
  10. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I will always be a Rockets fan but With the way Fertitta is running the organization , I am not going to spend $$$ on NBA TEAM PASS anymore, I am not gonna be rushing home from work anymore to tune in like I would. I will just follow them on apps, etc.

Fertitta is Dolan-Ish. This organization will be ruined for years to come because when he is gone his children are likely not much different.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

People out here talking about what a real fan is and what they should or should not do. Give me a break. A real fan is able to dissect what’s right and wrong. The good and bad. Not just believe everything is always the right move and sitting around in a circle always saying this team is awesome when it isn’t. The rockets are going to suck for years to come. It started 2 years ago. That’s just reality. Doesn’t make anyone less of a fan to know the truth. A real fan recognizes a garbage owner for a franchise they support as a fan. Real fans don’t make up gimmick excuses for every little thing because they can’t realize for themselves things just suck

If this actually offends you, you’re part of what the real problem this franchise is dealing with. Get outta here with all that fake bs

#51 YOLO, Oct 17, 2020
    malakas, jojolover and javal_lon like this.
  12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

When folks say I'm done, they really mean I'm done typing until next game ... It's like people typing "you're on my ignore list" .... Obviously not, if you thought enough to type it!...

13. jojolover

jojolover Member

It is hard to be a fan of something when that something is actually owned by an a**

malakas and YOLO like this.
  14. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

A real fan is realizing you have enough of this bs and won't support this bs any longer so they could get better. Don't support trash product and expect them to get better.

HP3 likes this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

J.R. likes this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

He gets his blame all the time. Yea James Harden wanted Westbrook. But I doubt he "forced" Morey to do it and that's Per @Nook If its John Lucas than Harden is partially responsible for that too. Its a trash pick. But your source Bra Bra literally said Tillman was too cheap to pay JVG ooooh are you doubting him now :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Eric Gordon had a down year, but he always shows up in the playoffs. One down year and then he's trash. This is the same kind of idiotic thinking we had with the Chris Paul trade which you loved. Eric Gordon will be fine. He will still be a good player next year and he will show up in the playoffs like he always does, one down year doesnt reflect a whole career of showing up goofy.

I dont know, who cares, its just gonna be a Fertitta anyways. Morey quit because he wasnt allowed to do his job.

MDA isnt a puppet, holy ****. He has a system but he adapts to his players. You guys dont know jack **** about coaching. Like what are you even talking about? It was Tillman who wanted Dantoni's assistance gone. It wasnt Morey's choice. LOL are you serious? So because there is a system WHICH EVERYONE COPIED LOL, its now a bad thing. And if you think Morey is stupid enough to just completely dictate coaching on the floor or that Mid Range is completely useless than you are wrong. Chris Paul took mid range here all time. Westbrook takes it all the time . Harden can take it whenever he wants.

The man was never allowed to tank or spend in the luxury tax once and has the second most wins in his tenure.

Why should anyone agree with this blatant ignorance, I dont know.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Please for future reference, if you want no one to take you seriously, then please say "But he never played basketball." As if its totally impossible that players or former players always know whats best.

#57 HP3, Oct 17, 2020
    AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you dont need lotery picks to get great players... jokic, dray, isaah thomas and many of the greats were 2nd rounders...

duncan robinson went undrafted... find diamonds and even create diamonds out of rough talent

besides, there is a lot of fun in watching and following an nba team that will perhaps never win anything but are just giving their all every night and competing...

its all about the attitude

rockets didnt win it all in recent past but man I had a lot of fun following them closely in the last decade ... it was a hell of a ride and i am not sure i would have changed that for being a follower of any other franchise

BamBam and HP3 like this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Non 99ers will never be as loyal as 99ers

Plowman likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only good owner we had was Charlie Thomas
    That dude got us Hakeem

being a fan of the owner is not the same as the team

do you hate your used Lamborghini If the previous owner was Lil Peep?
    @Ziggy

but lots of super idiots don’t get that
    We’re talking dumbest idiots the dumb

all of these fake ass fans delete your accounts now

#60 tinman, Oct 17, 2020
    Rashmon, Plowman and hakeem94 like this.