1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All this talk about not being a Rockets fan anymore

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So many folks saying they're done if this or that happens. "The dark ages are upon us."

We've been fortunate to have this franchise represent our great city for half a decade. The Rockets have quite a rich history for such a short lifespan. That being said, over the years, we've dealt with our share of ups AND downs. (including clowns) That's the nature of sports over the long haul.
    There's an ebb and flow to the marathon.
    This isn't about short term gratification...
    So, buck up and cheer the good guys on, and whatever happens....remember there are silver linings even in the most difficult times. Make no mistake, its about winning, but in that eternal quest..players, games, moments...MEMORIES are created that we hold dear forever...
    It's the journey.

So, all you true Rockets fans..buckle your seatbelts, for we know not what the future holds.

"The sweet is never as sweet without the sour"

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We're done.

amaru, roslolian and MaxRider like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

that talk is so weak...if u don’t want to be a fan anymore than fck off...bye

I’m not going anywhere

maybe if it’s 20 years and counting of incompetence with no end in sight like the Knicks I’d understand

at the end of the day, I love basketball, and I love the Rockets...I could never just be “done with them”...

Patrick Fertitta could be GM, and I’d still be a fan

PDJACK7, Deuce, xiki and 9 others like this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'll be a fan forever. Fertita can't take away something that was here before him and will hopefully be here after him. What it does mean is we are entering a period where I will cut all money spent on the team and if I feel that way, I can't imagine how many other people who spend a lot of money on this team feel. If the team hires Lucas it's clear that Tilman doesn't deserve my money.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Buncha Morey only fans :D ... as if he was going to run/stay with the Rockets forever.

Harden's day is coming too. Whether it's next year or 5 years from now.

Goodbye to the Morey fans. Goodbye to the "I'm out-ers, I'm don-ers". Goodbye to fake Rockets fans. @tinman

PDJACK7, SkareKrow, Patience and 4 others like this.
  6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This thread is legend.

18pbr likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I go to around 10 or so games every year and 1 or 2 playoff games per round...I’d still continue to do so, I enjoy the experience

Patience, hakeem94 and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I have full season tickets. I am on the fence about keeping them and have been for a few seasons. I'm leaning towards dropping them and Lucas will seal it. I know other STH who already dropped them.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I started becoming an avid fan in 2010, I loved that squad. For me it doesn’t matter if we’re contending or not, I just want our teams to have heart, I want them to overachieve, I want the games to be hard played and fun to watch, win or loose.

I honestly enjoyed watching Brooks, Landry, Scola, Lowry, Hayes, Budinger, Kmart, Dragic, CLee, PPat more then I’ve enjoyed any modern season outside of 17-18 and maybe 14-15

I’m a rocket fan no matter what, but Tilman has been an absolute disgrace to this franchise. He bought into one of greatest rocket teams we’ve ever had, and just spit on it.

I’ll stay a fan, but I’m going to be b****ing and moaning for years if we are the new Knicks/Kings/Suns

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol this guy, one of the ones that likes to act al high and mighty through the years and leak fake ass "insider info".

Nobody cares bro move along. Those of us that have been critics will be here during the rebuilding process. We were before and still will be. I iwll however not spend another cent on any merchandise or tickets not because of the rockets, because it would go towards our POS owner who managed to run Daryl away

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And just saying any posters who have season tickets that would like to give away whether one game or 10 games please DM or PM me please.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s fine...it’s understandable...I know someone who said he was dropping his season tickets after we lost game 5 to LA

as for the people who are claiming they’re done being a fan like they’re the Spike Lee of this fanbase and it’s some big deal, just go...u won’t be missed

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm still a fan. I always said... I was here BEFORE Daryl and I'll be here AFTER Daryl, but... like... there's not many guys left I have an interest in rooting for. Fertitta is THAT toxic IMO.

HP3, Ramo$e, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I enjoyed the Lowry / Dragic season dearly and don't need the Rockets to win the championship to be pleased but Tilman makes me really nervous. I think a lot of it is just frustration. It's an emotional investment and eventually people just need to take a step back. We all have no control of what the team does and that frustrates a lot of people. Tilman is unpredictable and doesn't have a like-able personality.

Ramo$e and D-rock like this.
  15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And also just want to mention and I say it all the time to all the doubters whiners haters and what have you.

I don’t want to see none of y’all at the parade.

D-rock likes this.
  16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Look, buddy, I root for Houston everything. I haven't lived in Houston since 2002, but the die is cast. I'm stuck. It doesn't mean I have to enjoy the upcoming 20 years of garbage. There will be no parade. Look at the d!pshit in charge!

Easy, malakas, thedreamsteam and 4 others like this.
  17. eman

eman Contributing Member

I've been a fan since the franchise moved from San Diego, and I'll always be a fan, but... and you knew there'd be a but... Our Rockets have been darn near unwatchable a lot of the time since '95. Sure, it's been fun seeing Harden drop 50 or 60 now and then in recent regular seasons. Watching the Nuggets and the Heat in the bubble playoffs was, to me, much more entertaining basketball. I hope we can get some players who can make open 3s, dribble a little bit, move without the ball, hustle, and actually play team defense-- and JVG to help them do so.

18pbr, Easy and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  18. eman

eman Contributing Member

And go Astros!

19. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

the NBA is pretty much dead to me when they rather talk about politic than dribble the dam basketball.

Space Ghost likes this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Rockets for life though!

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.