1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In any other forum, I understand you just fine. Even down here you are capable of being logical, even if I disagree with you, but I will never understand why you could even consider voting for trump. Not unless you live in a cave without access to any other source of news except for Fox and a few fringe sites selling bizarre conspiracy theories.

How you can be oblivious to what trump has been doing to our country is a mystery to me. Some of the others who post down here are clearly trolling or just not quite right upstairs, but I haven't thought of you that way. I hope it doesn't take losing someone you care about to the coronavirus because of trump to make a lightbulb go off in your head.

What we are going through is eerily similar to what was happening in Germany during the 1930's. Fanaticism centered on a demagogue who wants to rule the country himself and doesn't give a damn about democracy. You are clearly so wrapped up in it that you've become blind.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

No we are not going through anything like 1030s Germany. Let me give you a couple points that you are willfully ignoring.

US is not just coming out of a war that has devastated our country and killed 1.7M of our men.
    We are not going through a global depression.
    Our unemployment numbers are not sitting at 30%.

Some of you need to go read a history book and need to stop being so emotionally hysterical.

This is not a pro Trump message. Use some intelligence and stop comparing everything to Hitler.

luckystrikes likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

At some point, some one with integrity would have apologized, and there would have been a learning moment for the country and a healing moment for those involved... but this where republicans have gone in support of trump...

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

First the taliban endorsement, and now... and as an aside, why does carlson always look like he is having a prostrate exam?

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

While trump is winning the bin laden niece endorsement...

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

I suspect a growing number of republican senators already knew this...

Because...

Fearing a ‘Blood Bath,’ Republican Senators Begin to Edge Away From Trump
    The statements offer an answer to the question of when Republicans might begin to repudiate the president after years of embracing him: the moment they believed he threatened their own political survival.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/us/politics/republican-senators-trump.html

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

Yes these arent the parts Trumpland is similar to 1930s Germany.
    The gradual errosion of democracy
    Voting suppresion of minorities
    Dividing and hate demagogic speeches
    A leader declaring his reluctance to leave power no matter the election result
    Organised militia threatening violence
    Camps where vulnerable detained women are sterilised

These are the parts that are like Nazi and 1930s Germany

Rashmon, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

Two interesting questions now that trump is trying to avoid prosecution by leaving the country should he lose...

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A side note. The Bin Ladin family is huge and owns Saudi Arabia's largest construction company. I've heard that this same niece and other members of the family hated Osama and felt he betrayed the family and Saudi Arabia.

That said I doubt her endorsement makes a difference either way and will be quickly forgotten.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm starting to feel this is more likely. I imagine that on the evening of Jan 21st. We'll see Trump and his family boarding a plane to Bermuda or some other place.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

trump's mishandling of and then lies about COVID-19 is the number one issue as we approach the election...

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree with @Space Ghost -- Trump has little in common with Conrad the Sagic's hold-the-course reign. :D

[​IMG]

Though in some areas, we are returning to the medical approaches of the 1030s.

Rashmon, malakas, Nook and 5 others like this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

In other news, startlingly honest words from Don Jr.

RayRay10, AleksandarN and Deckard like this.
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This demands autotune.

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

18. NewRoxFan

But but but, he hasn't taken a salary...

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I said a while back that I thought there was a good chance of trump leaving the country if he lost in order to avoid prosecution and prison. He's already laying the groundwork. The tidbit you posted was the beginning of the public meme for doing so, in my opinion. I think there will be more. It will have to be a place without an extradition treaty with the United States. He may not like the options. Most, I suspect, require a very large deposit of cash. trump isn't very "liquid," unless he's been socking it away for such an eventuality, which is certainly possible.

malakas, Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Question is who on here is Texas nomad? Anyone care to guess

RayRay10 likes this.