1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do White Fans Debate MJ And Lebron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pgabriel, Oct 15, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Yes im obssessed with black political topics being that im black

Since you feel the need to drag your pgabriel obssession here ill address it. Black people still lag in categories like education and wealth so my obsession in the d&d is blacks improving and im not ashamed of that

raining threes likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro i don't what people are discusing. Why is the question offensive? I didn't see anything about it here. I see a lot about it on Facebook so i thought i would ask.

3. split41

split41 Member

I think bringing in race in a topic that has nothing to do with race is weird af. Why the people you're seeing are getting offended makes no sense to me, and probably reflects more on their own identity issues than the topic - I dunno you'd have to ask them.

Fans just like to discuss who's the best. It's as simple as that. Race is not a factor. My two cents.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Aside from this topic you don't think black people talk about things that other races don't talk about? Is ot really offensive to acknowledge that simple fact of life?

The reason we stay separated is because we try to hide our differences

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

pgabriel, just curious since you are hanging around on that area of social media, the people debating MJ vs Lebron ...

Is it among all age groups? Only older individuals?

For the most part I noticed teenagers stop talking about Jordan, for the most part, about 10 years ago, other than sneakers, Space Jam, and youtube highlights. His career isn't mentioned all that much other than what is parroted from ESPN junk shows in brief passing.

Seems like an old fogey debate. :(

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its older guys. Sometimes i forget im 45 years old. Also kids spend $200+ on Jordans without never fully understanding his popularity. I obviously don't know what the Babe popularity was like but im sure Jordan was close and Lebron is nowhere near. However Lebron is a phenomenon in his own way

Another thing on a similar topic i might start a thread about, i was thinking about Bill Russell. Kids have Jordan footage. We have old Chamberlain and Russell film but you really dont get a sense of their athleticism.

My dad has always been into sports books and you really get a better sense of their athleticism in still pictures

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Of course.

Obviously, MJ self-proclaimed his lack of speaking out on political or social issues as a regret of his throughout his career.

LeBron, with the social activism that's been circling around the world now, has been pretty outspoken on his stance so that has probably skewed his 'appeal' to more and more whites.

Either way you can't deny that both are great players regardless of race. Obviously the young kids/adults have not seen much of what MJ did as a player, while LeBron is still running his rounds in the NBA and building his name/image/legend. So I agree, age is most likely a much bigger criteria of measure over race.

8. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

White people do not debate this topic because no one is better Larry Bird.

Also Rocky Marciano is the greatest boxer ever, he was undefeated and fought a bunch of club level fighters.

Wayne Gretzky's the best hockey player, but that is a white sport.

Babe fat ass Ruth was the best Baseball player ever because he could do it all on the field, including hit, pitch and eat.

Peyton Manning has funny commercials so he is the best football player ever.

Tiger is the best golfer ever, but he is part white so it can be accepted.

MorningZippo, Jontro and Aware like this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bird had a 29-9-7 and a 28-9-7 season
    Caeer 24-10-6 those are pretty stout numbers

He also hit the magical 180 twice

Fg % 50 3pt% 40 ft% 90 =180

Also done by notables Durant Curry and Stockton

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

11. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

12. bmelo

bmelo Member

The problem is us, as you said whites, dont create white only envrioment to discuss things and then come out to rest of the world. If you want to know what people think about it just read this or any other forum

Yung-T and pgabriel like this.
  13. bmelo

bmelo Member

Tbh this may be true. Euros hate flopping NBA i know many of euro fans that stopped watching because of soft game. A lot of them said Doncic just got to fit NBA medias and he will play better in NBA than in euro because its easier/soft defense and tbh they were right

Caesar likes this.
  14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I’m white. MJ > Lebron. Not even close.

Jontro, boomboom and pgabriel like this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Us white people know that Larry Bird is the true goat.... spits dip in to can /s

Jontro likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

White people are definitely more diverse and i don't think anyone should be offended by that or think its a generalization. Its in the numbers and its in history. American whites come from diverse ancestral backgrounds where blacks are most uniform because we over 90% share the same history

17. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Morey > MJ

/thread

Jontro likes this.
  18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

If I started a thread talking about “white Facebook”.....lol

MorningZippo likes this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

Its such a difference slav vs german vs spaniard vs britt vs nordic etc. Whole lot of different mentality and looks