1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: 76ers think Mike D'Antoni can lure James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 24, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't think this is a crazy idea.

Harden has to realize the window has closed in Houston barring any crazy trades and he has to love playing for Dantoni.

Would also not sleep on the idea that Addidas could probably sweeten the pot for him to move to bigger media market.

If this next year ends the same, I could see it.

ICEibuPROfen likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Cool beans.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They're delusional!

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I think there is a very real possibility Harden asks out after next year or tells Morey he is done after his contract. He’s 31. He is going to be on the decline very soon and he wants a ring. I wouldn’t blame him one bit.

everyday eddie and jiggyfly like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harden cannot leave before Westbrook . . . PERIOD
    then again
    Harden cannot leave!!

Rocket River

Patience and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Honestly for me a trade starts with Embiid. Obviously you have to throw in Horford to make salaries match. I would love Thybulle here and then draft picks galore. I think Harden has taken this team as far as he can. I’m not sure the Rockets win a championship with him as the number one guy.
    That being said I do think they run it back at least one more year and then see what happens. Don’t expect anything to change with this team.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harden with Ben Simmons at C in MDA's system is very interesting IMO. I'd really love to see that. When they are in Harden can use Ben as a PnR piece like Capela, and when Harden sits Ben can take over as PG and runs the offense.

If everything goes to ****, in 2021 do Harden for Embiid.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  8. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

I kind of feel like if James Harden really wanted to play for Mike Dantoni THAT badly, then Mike Dantoni would still be coaching the Rockets.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

#49 daywalker02, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is the only post in this entire damn thread that makes any sense. If Harden was so in love with playing for MDA that he would be willing to follow him to Philly, the Rockets would 100% have retained his services. Morey has made it ABUNDANTLY clear that they will ALWAYS keep James Harden's interests as a top priority because without him, the franchise is an irrelevant mess. And James knows this as well, which is why he will never ask for a trade out of here. He's going to retire a Houston Rocket. Period.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

John Clark asks someone in the 76ers organization: "So do ya think hiring MDA might convince Harden to come here?"

76ers guy: "Highly doubtful. Harden loves it in Houston, and he was putting up huge numbers before MDA got there."

John Clark: "Yeah, but still, could it maybe happen? Like is it in the realm of remote possibility?"

76ers guy, laughing: "Yeah, I guess, in an alternate-universe we might get Harden when he's near the end of his career."

John Clark dashes to his computer and types: "Some people within the Philadelphia 76ers reportedly believe that hiring former Houston Rockets head coach Mike D’Antoni could eventually lead to the Sixers acquiring superstar guard James Harden."

#51 topfive, Sep 24, 2020
  12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

If I'm Mike D'Antoni, and I'm moving toward negotiations with teams about head coaching vacancies, I'm totally encouraging this idea in conversations with people at the destination franchises, or through the grapevine and the media.

I don't need to bring Harden. I just need to create the impression that I could, in order to jack up my contract right now.

Also: I remember when Chris Paul was supposedly going to help us lure LeBron James.

Fyreball, Deuce, D-rock and 7 others like this.
  13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I thought Chandler Parsons was suppose to do that.

Dacamel, Patience and Will like this.
  14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ben Simmons is at his best on offense as a roll man. He's a great finisher and if the defense collapses he is great at passing out to the open man.

That said, I don't buy this rumor. I can believe that James might want out after next year, for sure. But I don't see him chasing MDA. He'll go where he wants to go, and the coach he wants will follow.

D-rock and topfive like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

MDA in 6 months: "Did I say James Harden? My bad, I meant Chandler Parsons."

Dacamel and HP3 like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

Elton Brand: Well lets get him over then.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Asian Sensation

I’m down for this.

Cause it most likely means we get Embiid and if we do get Embiid that means for sure no more Westbrick.

Harden for Embiid, Josh Richardson and Thybulle.

Trade Westbrick, Ego, Tucker for whatever combination of good young players, draft picks, cap space we can get.

I know a lot of posters are attached to the hip when it comes to Harden but If we were to look at the next 5 years starting today I’d rather roll with a team built around a 26 year old Embiid rather than a 31 year old Harden.

A change of scenery should be good for Harden and a new era will be good for us. There’s no reason to keep hanging on. Harden as the main option will not lead us or anyone else to a Championship.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah I do think a Harden / Simmons due could be incredible IF Simmons would buy in. Surround those two with 3&D players and I think you have a great chance at a ring.

Rumor probably is bogus, that being said, if the 76ers are open to a Harden/Embiid swap, that could be a win/win. It would give the 76ers a shot at a ring, and would reset our window by 5 years, giving Morey a chance to build around a 26-year-old Embiid.

#58 ThatBoyNick, Sep 24, 2020
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Can he lure Russ?

20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Not going to happen.