1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Millsap and possibly Craig likely will not be back.

The cost of Grant is going up quickly. He can guard elite players well with his long wingspan. Grant has made it clear he is going for the money..... I would easily offer the full max MLE, but I think he gets more than that for sure.

Deuce, Rudyc281 and treyk3 like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

For all his personality quarks and flaws....... Joerger is the type of coach that makes OTHER teams adjust...... he would be able to do a lot with what the Rockets have and the creativity of the Rockets front office.

Gentry's family is in California I believe, so we have to worry about him possibly going to a team there..... but the Rockets should offer him the Associate Head Coach position and make him one of the highest paid assistants in the league. Hartfield would likely stay. Turner may even save his job with Joerger having worked with him before.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It's been 12 days since The Rockets were eliminated. Last coaching search was 31 days. So 19 days until it equals last time. I can't see this going that long with so many other teams on the market. Pelicans, 76ers and Pacers could definitely take a coach the Rockets are targeting. I'd imagine MDA is choosing between Indy and Philly. Best case in my mind is he ends up in Indy and Lue ends up in Philly. Makes the decision making process easier. Joeger could end up in Indy or New Orleans and if he's Morey's guy I really really hope Morey just stops messing around and hires him.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Rockets tried to acquire Torrey Craig last year if I’m not mistaken.

Nook likes this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

What about
    What about a

Joerger
    Gentry
    Hollins

Coaching staff...Didn’t Joerger and Hollins work together in Memphis?

Not sure he would want to leave LA tho.

Nook likes this.
  7. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Are we still on the Russ trade train? I love the guy and he's one of my fave guys in the league BUT would the Pacers take him for Olidipo and Turner? I think the money works.

Harden at point, Olidipo as his mini me that doesn't have the passing skill. Roco at SF, PJ at the other forward spot and Turner at the 5.
    Holding onto House would be great as a 6th man but it looks like he's on the outs. Rivers, J. Green, Gerald Green, Bmac and another big as a 10 man rotation aint nothing to shake your head at either

fattz and D-rock like this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I doubt it.

9. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

A pick and they throw in TJ McConnell (if Rivers is gone/may be a better ball handler than Rivers)?

Getting rid of more picks makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit though

10. fattz

fattz Member

For a team coming off a successful season with so little cap space and 2 super max salaries; it is incredible the amount of buzz In the air for a trade.

D-rock, Corrosion and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Not sure if Indiana would be open to this but:

IND receives: Westbrook and Gordon

HOU receives: Doug McDermott, Jeremy Lamb, Malcolm Brogdon, and Myles Turner

saleem and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

KAT could be on his way out?

13. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Ibaka please

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I posted a version of this yesterday, but this is further modified. We play the role as facilitator in a three team blockbuster.

It’s hard to imagine a scenario in which we get younger, take on better contracts and also improve from a basketball perspective. I think this type of deal accomplishes all three of those objectives. You could even add House (to Philly, perhaps) but not a requirement to get the deal done.

15. TimDuncanDonaut

Interesting to think about, but for Rockets, outside of getting a center, if those guys don't pan out. It's a salary dump. I know PJ is getting older, he's one of the few people who vocally communicates on defense. Somebody else would have to step up if he's gone.

For Wizards, would they trade Beal away for Embid. Their salary match. Are wizards thinking pick n' roles, between Embid and Wall. If I was Wizards, I may not pull the trigger.

baller4life315 likes this.
  16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Beal would have to request a trade to get the ball rolling on this type of deal, but if/when that occurs, Washington could do a lot worse than an elite big like Embiid.

As for Tucker, losing him would be a gut punch, no doubt, but we all know with his extension looming we have to make a difficult decision. Especially with a new coach about to come into the picture. A 6’5” center isn’t going to be every coach’s cup of tea.

We get younger, bigger and acquire four playable bodies on better contracts.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets have MLE options for 5 spot:

6'10 Aron Baynes
    6'11 Nerlens Noel
    6'9 Harry Giles
    6'8 Bismack Biyombo

6'8 Jerami Grant and 6'10 Christian Wood are outside of Rockets price range.

dmoneybangbang and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

House for Bamba
    Gordon for Turner

Russ
    Harden
    RoCo
    Turner
    Bamba

Joerger as coach and brings back the grit and grind along with some new innovative basketball.

Jayzers_100, Bearius Jones and treyk3 like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

You want to start 2 centers?

And who will replace EGo as 3rd guard and offense off the bench?

Even without MDA, scoring/playmaking guards are more important than bigs.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Turner is a 4/5

And the key here is both Turner and Bamba can both shoot the 3 so they can space the floor along with size.

And I have faith in morey in finding another 3rd guard off bench.

Jayzers_100 and Bearius Jones like this.