1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Mo Bamba?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Sep 23, 2020.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Bamba is a weird one to gauge. He seems like a bust but two things play in his favor. He’s a genius and The Magic have 3 legit centers in front of him. Like I’d take any of them. Boston wanted him when he was drafted or atleast pretended to want him.

D-rock, Rudyc281 and Pringles like this.
  2. Pringles

Pringles Member

Danuel House fell in love with the Orlando chick, so he's down for this.

3. ball king23

ball king23 Member

I like this trade he can stretch the floor and plays defense do i need to que the highlights

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

It’s good we are in at least some kind of talks with Orlando.

Now let’s expand this thing.

What would a deal for AG and Bamba look like?

Gordon?
    House?
    Tucker?

ROCK3TM4N, jb86 and D-rock like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

I see what you did there.

6. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets had interest in Bamba last year before the deadline.

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I remember watching his Highlights, He can really shoot since College and shoot Free Throws unlike Clint Capela.

I feel he can breakout on the Rockets and James Harden can develop him bit a even better version than Clint, Mo can shoot 3s, Pick and Pop for 3s is even more dynamic.

8. Nook

Nook Member

He broke a lot of very specific trades last year for like 24 hours..... then just posted trash for months.

I don’t know who he is and I have little faith in what he says. I don’t trust random people, even when they care occasionally right... but he did break before anyone specific trades with specific players, down to the role players and draft picks correctly... my guess is someone gave him information and isn’t anymore.

As for Mo Bamba, the Rockets were talking to the Magic about him last year and the Magic wanted to hold on to him.

Bamba is kind of a knucklehead but he is probably the best shot blocker in the NBA. He has an 8 foot wing span.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

So far Bamba hasn’t been very good.
    The good version of Bamba they traded away at the deadline. Bamba upside is Clint Capela, that can hit a three. Sure if Clint could hit threes he’d be here still probably but that’s Bambas upside - there’s like a 20% chance of that. There’s a higher % chance that he never gets any better than he’s been. Best % likelihood is some improvement in between. Which is a solid player but basically the Danuel House it centers. Or slightly better.

deal needs to expand.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

1. Who the f*ck is brah brah?

2. Bamba isn’t as bad as many are making him out to be, and he has tons of potential. I doubt we could get him, easily move House for him, they would probably want our last tradeable 1st too.

3. D House trying to move in with his new bubble-boo?

Plowman, Rudyc281 and Xerobull like this.
  12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i like his talent and is young. got drafted to the wrong team

Plowman, Buck Turgidson and D-rock like this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Bamba got drafted to the wrong team that already had a centre. Would be entering his third season. Improved his three point shooting this season. Is a shot blocker. don't think we have enough to get him though

True Rocket and D-rock like this.
  14. astros123

astros123 Member

we need length badly

fckbandwagons likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

his upside is a better shot blocking Clint Capela that can hit a three, hit from midrange, and hit a free throw

There’s a greater than 20% chance that Bamba doesn’t get any better than he’s been? You’re saying there’s that big a chance a 2nd year player doesn’t get any better?

Current Bamba playing with Harden would already be better than current House and more valuable. If House for Bamba was ever actually available, Morey should take it and run. He has been buried in Orlando, and they routinely have below average guard play. Bamba next to Harden could be very dangerous.

Plowman, Deuce, fckbandwagons and 4 others like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah I'm struggling to remember the last time Woj said something like "25 retweets and I'll share more insider news!!"

Also if he was so legit then why was his Twitter account banned?? Seems odd.

SamFisher and treyk3 like this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah maybe the guy got a series of legit scoops somehow back then, but everything I've seen from him smells like ****.

As for Bamba, I'm not a big believer, even as a reclamation project. He's got a unique makeup but I don't see the feel for the game like, say, Bol Bol has. And even Ryan Anderson laughs at Bamba's lateral movement.

That said, I'd still take him for House, who probably isn't super popular on the team anymore and should experience life outside of Houston.

Also, while I'm low on Bamba, I am far from an authority on Bamba. So I could be wrong. I just haven't seen anything from him that makes him stick out to me.

SamFisher and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Knucklehead??? He seems soft spoken and really intelligent from the Shop interview he did with LeBron on HBO a while back

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Ok, so now we want a tall guy.

Maybe we can go all tall.

At this point I’ll just say, whatever.

Rudyc281 and saleem like this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Mo Bamba Mo Problems?

daywalker02 likes this.