1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Whitlock turning the flamethrower on Katie Nolan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Sep 21, 2020.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

He brings up some good points but he loses most of his credibility by making it a "white privilege" thing :rolleyes:

It's more likely she gets treated that way bc she's hawt.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Cancel culture trying too hard.

No matter what happens, an amazing BJ always stays employed.

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Sounds like he lost his job and he wants to blame someone who’s younger and prettier. Of course he throws a lot of other stuff in there too.

Welcome to the real world.

snowconeman22 and jiggyfly like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the GARM has turned into ESPN fanboys
    @Os Trigonum @Reeko

there are so many people who think these are real journalist and that they have real opinions
    they have no idea it's just a show for entertainment purposes, because none of those people made any good predictions

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

What does he mean by "Nolan is adept at working the grievance system"?

Edit: From what I can gather, Whitlock wrote a column about Maria Taylor that was largely accurate. Nolan took exception to it, and now they're both trying to out-stupid each other with claims of racism and sexism and hotism and fatism and whatever else.

#25 DonnyMost, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Savage....

Nolan is Michael Brown, hands up don’t shoot. We all know it’s a lie but we continue with the facade because it’s not worth the backlash.

7. Nook

Nook Member

LOL Uncle Ruckus is getting long in the tooth and is angry that people half his age are making more money...... I also like how he brought everyone else in the business he has a problem with into the cesspool he created.

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan and jiggyfly like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

He is angling for a job on Fox News

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's great that the chromosome-impaired can get good jobs.

Nook likes this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Whitlock is the type to not know his limitations- he always thinks hes the smartest person in the room and from all the articles being brought up that hes written over the years, thats clearly not the case.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe Whitlock is right, but she'd have to be horrific to earn such an article.

Reminds me of a hottie on Youtube whose travel videos I found when looking up the areas we were about to visit out West. She has a PhD (uses "Doctor" with her name), always finds a way to appear in her bikini (she never fails to find rivers and lakes in the wilderness), etcetera. You also find some dude's videos in which he trashes her....credentials, her penchant for finding a way to get the bikini shots into the video that would otherwise not entirely need them.

It's like, Wait a minute; some brunette is using her looks to make a buck? (While you stuff your face with another cheeseburger?) STOP THE PRESSES. And you're so incensed you spent time putting together a video. Are you a jilted ex-boyfriend?

13. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Whitlock's recent article on Maria Taylor had some solid points. However, the little blurb in that article on Katie Nolan, combined with him specifically mentioning that Nolan blurb in his tweet advertising his article, gives me the impression that he may have been looking to elicit a reaction from her. Katie took the bait in her reply to Whitlock's tweet, and Whitlock promptly capitalized on that with his fiery hit-piece on her. I definitely got a whiff of jealousy from him. I like some of Whitlock's takes, but he's being a complete ******* with this Nolan article.

As for Katie Nolan, I like her, although I seldom watched her stuff on ESPN or back when she was with Fox Sports. That said, if I'm paying someone a 7-figure salary...I'd expect a bit better ROI than the small amount of content (that's not generating a lot of views) that she's contributing. It's telling that one of the most common reactions I'm seeing to this fracas is folks saying that they've never heard of her. (They know who she is now, thanks to Whitlock.) She's still quite young though and hasn't been at ESPN that long. I never got the impression that she was "lazy".

Lastly, "beauty privilege" is definitely a thing in TV/Youtube media (sports, news, etc.), and it always will be. Jason Whitlock may as well accept that and get over it.

JumpMan likes this.
  14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It always confused me what Whitlock's lane was in sports media. Generally, there's certain groups you have to fit in to keep a job. There's:

Former athlete
    Insider
    Writers with high competence of strategy
    Loud entertaining 'hot take' guys
    Hot chick who talks sports

He just seemed like an old school sports journalist in a world where there are youtube highlights and no one needs a drama filled recap.

Is he complaining that he doesn't have any marketable value in the industry and others do?

Also, I don't get the problems with Maria Taylor. Whitlock even admits that Taylor is a natural, a unicorn, because she's reasonably attractive in addition to being a former college athlete and being able to host. She's more qualified to be in her position than most and certainly more than he ever was. Being easy on the eyes is critical for TV, it drivers viewership and ad revenue which in turn drives the employee's salary.

#34 pmac, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    CometsWin and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

A whiff of jealousy?

Jealousy is coming off him like stink from a skunk.

steddinotayto likes this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed. It's just so weird - he comes off as jealous of Katie. Either because she's white, she's a woman, she's young or that she's attractive. Maybe a combination of all 4.

steddinotayto and jiggyfly like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Whitlock is simply amazing.

how far the mighty have fallen, how the hell do you lose this many jobs after people have bent over backwards to give you 2nd chances.

And now he is picking a fight with Katie Nolan?

Who the hell did he piss of at Fox News they don't even bring him in as a contributor and love dudes like this.

He has no reason ever to bring up white privilege its never cool to be so envious of somebody elses pockets.

TWS1986 likes this.
  18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Whitlock is a waste of oxygen. Complete trash. Obviously, most of his employers agree with me

jiggyfly and J.R. like this.
  19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You might be on to something.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Whitlock is a dork. But Katie Nolan is widely overrated So I agree on that. A lot of fuss for someone they burry late at night and give minimal promotion too.