1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul George is Fredo Corleone

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Inside Pass: Clippers concerns, plus more notes from around the NBA

By Shams Charania Sep 21, 2020

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — The LA Clippers returned to the postgame locker room last Tuesday night inside the NBA’s Disney campus, and received notices on their phones for the following day that they had not been expecting: a 1 p.m. afternoon flight home. After a 3-1 series lead over the Nuggets in the Western Conference semifinals, the Clippers surprisingly lost three straight games, ending leaguewide anticipation for an all-Los Angeles Western Conference Finals.

This isn’t how the Clippers season was supposed to go.

Several players had underwhelming postseason performances. Head coach Doc Rivers had several strategic decisions that left players scratching their heads, such as the decision not to ride a bigger lineup against Nikola Jokic, choosing rotations that did not prioritize more minutes for JaMychal Green and various defensive adjustments. The team also never came together in terms of chemistry or camaraderie inside the bubble. These are all things Rivers and the Clippers will sift through for the entire offseason and into an unknown start date to next season.

“February, maybe? I’ve also heard March,” Clippers star Kawhi Leonard said on his way out of the arena Tuesday night, regarding the start date for 2020-21.

For his part, Paul George had a disappointing series against Denver, and had several moments that left him in compromising positions with his teammates — beyond just his production. Multiple teammates had verbal spats with George throughout the postseason, citing in their exchanges a lack of accountability from him.

In the postgame locker room Tuesday night, George was preaching to teammates to remain committed, for all the players to return to the team this offseason and stay ready to make another run. It was met by some eye rolls and bewilderment, sources said, because George did not back up his words with action in the series and the team has multiple free agents with decisions to make. George scored 10 points on 4 of 16 shooting and 2 of 11 from 3-point range in the Game 7 defeat.

“We can only get better the longer we stay together and the more we’re around each other,” George said after the game. “I think that’s really the tale of the tape of this season. We just didn’t have enough time together.”

Rival teams expect the Clippers to work the trade market for a playmaker in the backcourt, and internally the franchise has the free agency of Montrezl Harrell and Marcus Morris as well as the potential free agency of Green (player option) to work through. Harrell and the Clippers have mutual interest to find a deal, but Harrell is expected to be a sought after in the market place and have multiple suitors. Green likewise had multiple offers from teams last offseason before choosing to remain with the Clippers — and will have some of the same suitors.

As for the top of the roster, Leonard and George wanted to play together, they wanted to make title runs in Los Angeles and that commitment has not waned despite this setback. Players and coaches left the arena Tuesday night dejected but still optimistic about the 2020-21 season.

https://theathletic.com/2078184/202...concerns-plus-more-notes-from-around-the-nba/

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My favorite part of the playoffs was Seth Curry talking **** to PG because he cheated on his wife who is Doc's daughter. That's just fun.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

With what assets? They don't own their 1st Rounder for the next 6 years, either by trading them away or through pick swaps with OKC. They can use Lou, Zubac, Beverley and Shamet as trade bait but then their "vaunted" depth is out the window. The Clippers just hope that they can bring all of their own free agents and #runitback.

saleem likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

haven't seen the movie, but from random fredo references in movies and friends, he was one of al pacino's thugs and prolly died right?

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Do we make a run at jaymicheal?

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

naw...he can't really guard the perimeter...he's just a bench big. we need someone better

saleem likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Shams Charania can suck a fat ****.

Money means nothing to the Clippers, they can resign everyone if they are so inclined or they can do a S&T for someone like MH to add a playmaker.

Funny thing is that CP3 would fit perfectly there.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, just stop doing whatever you are doing and go watch The Godfather.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

is OP saying Paul George is Mr. White before he transforms.

#9 heypartner, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Nook likes this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I second this. You can skip the third one but the first two is cinema perfection.

11. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Watch the first two ASAP, and just ignore the internet for 8 hours. You'll thank yourself.

B-Bob, Hakeemtheking and Jontro like this.
  12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He was the middle son of Don Corleone but set out to be an untrustworthy member. Series and movie is overrated imo. Watch Goodfellas instead.

Jontro likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

holy sh-t! I never made this connection..
    [​IMG]
    Doc must hate this dude. How does he even coach him?

B-Bob likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol he cheated on Callie with his current one who looks better right?

15. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

The reality is Paul George just isn't that good anymore. Is he a good role player/fringe all star? Sure, but what made him so good to begin with was that in addition to being an above average offensive player, he was an elite defender. He no longer is engaged consistently on defense, and he shoots too many 3's. He's already a streaky shooter, but when he used to go cold he would find other ways to be involved on offense. Now he just bangs his head against the wall and keeps shooting or he just disappears into the night altogether.

steddinotayto likes this.
  16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yeah I was curious what all this was about so I looked it up yesterday. The current one is more attractive, but I highly doubt it's a better situation. I'm sorry, but I would stay TF away from any Kardashian-esce female like it was the plaque. Apparently she was a stripper that he knocked up, then tried to dispute the paternity results, then after that was a fail he decided he didn't want to be a part of his child's life, so the stripper took him to court on that and won. Then he decided "well screw it, I'm already too deep in" and decided to reconcile with her and knocked her up again.

I feel confident in saying that Seth came out on top in this one.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, Seth is used to seeing Doc Rivers every year, now he sees him every day and every night in his girl. Wake up to Doc. :D

For me, I don't like Rivers' looks.
    They look the same on a 1:1 scale.

Appreciated the extra info though.

PG seems to be an idiot doe off the court and now I realized he plays with zero accountability on the court!

#17 daywalker02, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  18. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

He was Michael (Pacino's) older brother. In Godfather II, Fredo betrayed Michael out of jealousy (because in Godfather I, their father hand-selected Michael to be his successor as head of the family); Fredo attempted, and failed, to have Michael assassinated. Michael found out, and had him killed after their mother passed away.

Jontro likes this.
  19. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Yep, the stripper he knocked up, twice, and is now married to

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What is with you and NBA media?:eek:

You got issues with Simmons, Lowe and now Charania.

What did Shams do, I don't really follow him.