1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which team is the easiest for MDA to meet the expectation? And why?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Sep 21, 2020.

?

Which team is the easiest for MDA to meet the expectation?

1. 76ers - currently lead the nba in luxury tax payment

10.0%
  2. Pacers fired McMillan for playoffs success next season

40.0%
  3. Pelicans plan to make playoffs next season

47.5%
  4. Rockets - I want to get him back

2.5%
  1. BigBum

BigBum Member

According to recent news, MDA is emerged as the front runner to become the head coach of 76ers, Pacers and Pelicans.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Move to the Dish Big Ass. Mike D'Antoni no longer coaches the Rockets.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

MDA, the former Rockets HC who should only be mentioned in the Dish, now?

76ers.

/thread.

4. Major

Major Member

If people are allowed to talk about Tracy Murray, why not MDA?

Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves
    Anything and everything about the Houston Rockets. Your comments from last night's game, potential roster moves, player quotes and pictures. Hell, the slower people in the group can even talk about ex-Rocket Tracy Murray.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

this is my favorite of your grumpy posts. Big Ass X_X

topfive and ShutURBiG! like this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

personally, i feel he does sour cream & onion best. so that would be my choice

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

MDA about to Fínese a stupid owner for $20 mil lol

kjayp and pippendagimp like this.
  8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Take any crappy team and MDA will provide regular season success - or at least noteworthy improvement...

He will load minutes onto the best players to prop up his stats... and then watch it all collapse in the playoffs due to injury or running out of gas - bc his game plans are typically not sustainable through a playoff run...

but he will provide "a season to cherish - even without a championship..."

screw that dude... smh...

9. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Hopefully not the rockets..

Dacamel likes this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Philly literally has no outside shooting.I can see Ben Simmons assists numbers improving but what will he do with big Joel? Camp him on the three point line permanently?

indy has some three point shooters and Brogdan, Warren and Olidapo or whatever his name is can play a very poor mans Harden in his offense. All those three are solid playmakers. Plus Sabonis is agile enough to play in small ball. I would think Indy should be his number 1 option

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  11. Major

Major Member

You guys do know the Rockets' system is based on their personnel and Morey's philosophy, right? if you don't give him a good post player, he won't use one, but MDA's original success with the Suns involved a dominant inside presence in Amare Stoudamire.

12. riko

riko Member

Amare was used as a pick and role player with Nash . Plus Amare was a stud athlete unlike Joel who is slow and a lumbering giant. Two totally different bigs. Sabonis is more Amare like then Joel is

13. Major

Major Member

Yes - and neither would be camped out at the 3 pt line. MDA has lots of issues as a coach, but offensive creativity and figuring out how to best use players is not one of them. There's nothing in his history to suggest he wouldn't know how to use Embiid.

fattz, hakeem94 and riko like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

We’ll see but I feel Indiana suits his offensive philosophy with the players they have b tree. We will see I guess

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

When was the last serious Tracy McGrady thread, though? And the fact that talking about not-current Rockets players or personnel carries the label of "slow" should be a red flag.

16. Major

Major Member

Tracy Murray - not Tracy McGrady. :p The "slow" label is probably because it's 25 years ago rather than because of the "ex" part.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

in his 8 seasons in phoenix and houston, the guy had offenses ranked 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, and 6th and people think he's just gonna go somewhere and have no idea what he's doing on offense (also never lower than 18th on defense despite people acting like he was 30th every season). even had a #7 in NY and a #9 on LA, despite apparently no one buying in.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i say new orleans. they slightly underperformed their expected W-L, so that's a good thing if you're taking over. i don't think gentry is that good, so i think you have room for improvement. i'm not sure how good zion will ever be or if he will stay healthy, but almost no one doesn't get better in year 2 and he could barely play fewer minutes without missing the season. ingram should still have a chance to improve. so i think you're certainly setting yourself up for success.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Pacers. It’s Indy, they don’t expect much.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Thunder

Because CP3, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Schroder and Dort are all under contract. D’Antoni is Guard oriented.

The question was which team is the easiest to meet expectations, correct?

Dort should be retained by the Thunder.

#20 ApacheWarrior, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020