1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Whitlock turning the flamethrower on Katie Nolan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't know if this has been posted somewhere, but ...

I don't watch ESPN for... well, pretty much anything, but ... got. dang. He went off on Nolan.

Katie Nolan Represents The Elimination Of America’s Meritocracy And Exposes The Fraudulence Of Her Supporters

https://www.outkick.com/katie-nolan...nd-exposes-the-fraudulence-of-her-supporters/

Nolan epitomizes everything I find fraudulent about this era of sports journalism, this era of corporate politics. Narrative has eliminated facts and any semblance of a meritocracy.

She’s cast herself as a victim when she’s the most pampered and protected person in sports media. In an industry that values live television, she can’t do live TV. She’s not the next Hannah Storm, Linda Cohn, Michelle Beadle, Robin Roberts, Sage Steele or Maria Taylor — broadcasters with the rare and valuable skill of being engaging and personable in front of a red light.

Nolan is adequate at reading the words of other writers on tape. She’s paid more than a million dollars for work that would earn virtually every other man or woman with her resume $50,000. She’s not a journalist, like Mina Kimes. She’s not informed, prepared and knowledgeable, like Doris Burke. Nolan is adept at working the grievance system.

She’s a flaming example of how the business world has been forced to mirror academia. Executives huddle in their corner offices and mandate the outcomes they desire. Seven years ago, a Fox Sports executive, Pete Vlastelica, decided Karen Nolan would be a sports television star. He talked his friends in the blogosphere into joining his campaign to tout the then-26-year-old Nolan as the future of sports television.

tinman likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Don't know her, but surprised she makes that much.

Damn, he later rings the peanut gallery into ground zero
    It’s laughable. Hill, Jones, Le Batard, Sharpe, Wright, Spain, Torre, Deitsch and all the rest fight to keep power in the hands of the white liberal executives who will sit in their glassed offices and determine outcomes that favor their puppets.

Hill, Jones, Le Batard and Co., are no different from Nolan. They don’t want to compete in a meritocracy.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

my favorite part was when he thought doris burke was informed, prepared and knowledgeable

Fyreball, zeeshan2, gatsby and 8 others like this.
  4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Why would they? They already blew those old guys.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

never heard of her, but he sounds jealous

gatsby, jiggyfly, Nook and 5 others like this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Whitlock is bad enough at his job on whatever show he has on fs, he has no room to b**** about others being bad at theirs. The last thing people want to watch on TV, is a fat, ugly, dood being bad at his job. Then again....., people still tune into rallies and what not.

adoo, Hippieloser, Sajan and 4 others like this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

She’s fine tho

jiggyfly and Jontro like this.
  8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Fatback is a genius.... Start controversy to read your shitty articles.... I enjoy reading any form of fatback slander though...

CometsWin and jiggyfly like this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lebatard has the highest rated sports radio show and the second highest rated sports podcast. What’s Whitlock have outside of getting fired from multiple networks?

jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Can we just all agree that most of these media personalities are bad at their jobs, almost by definition? It’s like a burp telling a fart it stinks.

#10 tmoney1101, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Kim likes this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Merit?

CometsWin and jakedasnake like this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lebatard? Yes. He was a respected journalist before going to radio and he has created the most unique radio show on ESPN.

It’s more entertainment than sports, but it’s the one show espn could not just replace with another gas bag.

My wife doesn’t care about sports and listens to it daily lol

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Never heard of her and not a big fan of him but he scalped her.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What a psycho

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Whitlock is licking Clay Travis's nuts because no one else will hire him. He even got fired from Fox Sports.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

Have seen Katie on air talking sports. She's a competent contributor. She's tight with Bill Simmons and Boston sports scene. Her personality is a bit too bubbly for my taste but I can see the mainstream appeal. Good for ratings. I know some people here are not too fond of Michele Beadle. Nolan channels a bit young Beadle, as in before blowing up in popularity.

No idea how people are back stage, politics or whatever, but on air she does fine at her job. She's ESPN now, Whitlock departed Fox Sports, why is he blasting her?

Also why is he dragging Mina Kimes (ESPN, a Yale Magna c*m Laudae) into this. Mina (nba, but more so NFL), does her homework, often comes across as the smartest on a panel.

Whitlock is hating.

#16 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 22, 2020
    jiggyfly and TWS1986 like this.
  17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Are Michelle Bonner and Lisa Malosky still in the game? Why is William Fuller slinging some Norman Mailer **** over PE book reports.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Like I said, I don't watch ESPN and, I know people like Dan Lebatard's show on ESPN, but I usually couldn't bear to listen to it more than 5 minutes when I tried on the radio, however there was an episode either on there or on TV when I was flipping through where I heard Mina Kimes and thought she was actually pretty good. At least a lot better than the usual Screamin A. Smith, Max Kellerman, Skip Bayless garbage that people keep posting. It's odd he left those clowns out and decided to bring in Nolan. Maybe he's just saying "I don't have a job because unqualified people like her do". I don't think I've ever heard Nolan broadcast anything, so I don't know how good she is.

I pretty much don't listen to sports talk anymore since most shows are about getting ratings rather than giving out sports info. Also, it's become too much of a "frat party" for me to appreciate what they claim to be (sports information).

Also, in all fairness, it sounded like he was saying Kimes was good, btw.

#18 Dr of Dunk, Sep 22, 2020
    TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Problem I have with this is Whitlock is so completely and utterly irrelevant.

rockbox, Invisible Fan and jiggyfly like this.
  20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The fat man writes a lot for Outkick. Good stuff for the most part.