1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post election predictions ? what do you think will happen?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IBTL, Sep 21, 2020.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member

we like to post our predictions for games and things like that.

since nov 3rd is less than 45 days and right around the corner this is all soon..

what do you think will happen? call your shot.

how bad will voter suppression be?
    what if its close?
    will we have a winner on nov 3 or soon after?
    what if there is widespread shenanigans at the poling locations?
    what if trump tries to contest it?
    what if biden tries to contest it?
    will there be a supreme court justice for ginsburg spot?
    so many questions!

my prediction:
    i dont think the suppression will be enough of a factor. i wouldnt even be surprised by some wank off putting a bomb or bombs at some polling locations. knowing 2020 there will likely be some bullsh*it going on but imo isolated.

i think biden will win easily.. I believe it will not be close. haha im not sure though.

you will hear stories about waiting a few days for results here and there and Im hoping the margin will be enough that there is no need for that to be an issue. i have no idea how a contested election would go...i think enough people are over all this and want a plan not just drift along.

i believe that trump will be pardoned and given a safety shield of some kind. charges dropped and move on. it will be a save face for the presidency move and biden isnt going to sign off on trump in jail since the repugs will be trying to get biden in jail the whole time..so its more of a clean break from a cycle.

if trump is lucky he will be allowed to call fl home and thats that.
    i believe there will be a "lets move on" mindset which is as much about biden protecting his own ass but we will all want to move on.
    where will trump go if he loses? that seems more unpredictable than the election itself.

i have a doomsday prediction of trump causing a storm ..escaping in middle of night to putin.becoming dictator perhaps even some global thermo nuclear war. im HOPING that is hyperbole yet knowing 2020 so far...all i can say is for now I dont have breast cancer

TWS1986 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member

also with 10 days away from october what is the october surprise?
    i have no idea past sounds like we will get more goodies from woodward. surely 2020 has more oomph than that?

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Biden wins...it's not that close.

I think we'll see some, but it will mostly be contained to red states. My guess is Georgia probably has quite a bit and Trump will take the state just like Kemp took governor. Wouldn't be surprised to see quite a bit in Florida as well...we all know DeSantis is Trump's plaything.

Beyond that, I think every other swing state will be fine.

Rioting, attacks, and death is my guess. Could come from either side. See more below in the next answer

After. Main-in voting will take some time to count and Trump will complain and fight the entire time. My guess is there will be rioting and protests by both sides in the meantime and in the period after a winner is declared. Not sure how wide-spread, but it'll be blown out of proportion by the media.

I don't think it'll be widespread. You'll see some stupid things happening at some places, but beyond that, I think it'll go off without a hitch for the most part. Expect long lines on election day though.

He will...I think it's a foregone conclusion at this point. He will likely "win" on election night and attempt to get all mail-in votes discounted. I think he fails, but it'll take time.

If he's declared the loser at any point, I think he contests it. If votes get discounted, I think he contests it. Sadly, I don't think it'll matter since he's the challenger.

Not before the election. I think there are enough on the right side of the aisle that will decide to hold out. I also believe that the nomination won't get out of the judiciary committee prior to the election as I think Grassley holds it up. Chuck seems to take his role on that committee very seriously. I do think that a vote on the nominee is pushed forward after inauguration, but I think it fails if Trump loses as the Republicans will realize their 5-4 edge is good enough as they fear the left packing the court.

Yes there are. I do think if Trump realizes that he can't win, he pardons Pence, and then steps down so Pence can pardon him. I also believe that Pence will pardon a ton of folks including Barr and Trump's family.

Of course, I think Trump still faces the music in New York since the pardon won't carry over to them. In the end, he won't see jail time as he'll jet off to Russia and spend the remainder of his days over there complaining about how mistreated he is. i think Don Jr. and Eric end up in jail, but Jared and Ivanka return to their leftist roots and stay out of politics for the rest of their lives.[/QUOTE]

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Seriously though my prediction is that November will be a very rough month for this country. I think Biden wins but with all of the mail in ballots I don't think we'll have a clear winner on election night. It will take days before all of those are counted and there will be challenges to it. I don't think either candidate concedes on election night. I predict Biden will tell people to remain calm and let the process work out while Trump tells people he won and his supporters need to stop the Democrats from stealing the election from him. Because of that we will see armed protests by Trump supporters at the vote counting centers that make what happened in FL in 2000 look tame. There will also be counter protests by people against Trump. LE will try to keep them apart but there most likely will be violence.

On election day and the early voting days leading up to voting there will be voter intimidation. We already have Trump supporters out protesting at an early voting site in VA and blocking access to the site. We will see much more of that. In response we are likely to see other groups show up claiming they are protecting people's right to vote. Both sides will show up armed and there will be a very high likelihood of violence breaking out at a polling place.

Even without things like that in many places we will see long lines for voting, shutting down or relocating polling sites. I think this will happen in several states.

Before a winner can be certified in multiple states there will be lawsuits and accusations of impropriety in the count. Also there will be calls for electors to ignore how their states voted and it wouldn't surprise me to see intimidation of electors. I think Trump will direct federal agencies to take action against states where he feels the counting is going against him. Like he did with COVID-19 supplies and Oregon over Portland protests. At the minimum he will publicly and over Twitter accuse those states of rigging the election against him.

All of this will take place over a ongoing COVID-19 deaths along with flu deaths as the flu season get's rolling. In the next month we may also see a government shutdown as DC is paralyzed over both the election and fight for filling Ginsburg's seat.

All of that I think is very likely but there's been a lot of surprises, nearly none good, happening this year. I wouldn't fully rule out an October Surprise of a military confrontation overseas or a COVID-19 vaccine announced in the days leading up to the election. We could also have another LE killing of an unarmed black man or video coming out of a previous killing that will spark another round of BLM protests.

IBTL, T_Man and RayRay10 like this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think trump wins and the left continues to incite/not condemn violence.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I think Biden wins and the right continues to incite/not condemn violence.

TWS1986, IBTL, Jimmy Chase and 8 others like this.
  8. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Prediction:
    Trump wins and it's not close, shocking the sheep who believe what CNN tells them. The Dems organize more riots in Dem run cities. The funding and support is tied back to DNC and sedition/treason charges are dished out. Another impeachment for Trump and one for Barr, both fail in partisan fashion (again). And a SCOTUS appointment as Lindsey Graham eats his own words. Republicans point to a sham impeachment during an election year as the reason for the perceived hypocrisy. The Dem's don't address theirs.

Where the hell is the info from Weiner's laptop??? :eek: Durham indictments??? That would be an October surprise for sure.

If I'm wrong:
    We all are forced to work for the motherland making the same wage while being forced out of our homes to make room for those in the Party. Some of us resist and we're sent off to Utah, forced to hard labor and to watch Jazz games as part of our rehabilitation. Chinese becomes our national language.

IBTL, generalthade_03 and Corrosion like this.
  9. No Worries

You just might have to settle for unsubstantiated rumors from Bill deBARRed on what he thinks should be in the Durham report.

tmoney1101, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  10. No Worries

Whatever the outcome, I predict endless whining from Donald Trump about how he got wronged somehow in the election.

IBTL, T_Man, TheRealist137 and 5 others like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Amazing nuance there. So much effort put into this. If only @rocketsjudoka could match your nuanced prediction.

dobro1229 likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Not sure how to take that but thank you for feeding my ego by bringing my name up. ;)

IBTL, RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. fchowd0311

Lol. I disagree with some of your takes and agree with most but you put substantial effort in being nuanced as possible which is always commendable. You explain you positions well even those I disagree with.

IBTL, arkoe and rocketsjudoka like this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I am very confident in this prediction.

Trump could still win but will not win in a landslide. He will lose the popular vote likely by more than he did before and even lose electoral votes from 2016.

glynch, B-Bob, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Well now you're just embarrassing me.. :rolleyes:

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. fchowd0311

I think at this point it's a given he will lose the popular vote. I don't think the current GOP will ever win a popular vote in a general election in the near future or even in the long term.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think the only way it's not a landslide is that russia has a bug in the voting machines which is why Trump is so down on mail in voting.

I think what people are missing is the early voting.

I don't know you think Biden would do a deal with trump or Republicans he saw them up close and personal for 8 years and I don't see how doing a deal would make anything better just look at his followers and we know Trump can't stay off twitter.

I don't know why anyone with a logical mind will think its as simple as let's move on it seems you just want to shade Biden.

How does that cover his own ass?

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You can't Pardon people for something they have yet to be charged with.

You can't give them immunity.

IBTL likes this.
  19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Do you really believe the "If I'm wrong" part of your post? Or was that just sarcasm? It's concerning to me that some people might actually think this way...that a Biden win means we delve directly into full blown communism. I honestly can't tell if it's sarcasm or not.

tmoney1101 and RayRay10 like this.
  20. No Worries

Bush 41 did wrt Iran Contra.

B-Bob, JuanValdez and RayRay10 like this.