1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Diamondbacks @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 18, 2020.

1. HTown2017Champs

The Good:
    Springer surge!!!!!
    Bullpen was lockdown today
    Pressly with a shutdown ninth yet AGAIN!
    Great fielding
    Urquidy did well getting out of trouble

The Bad:

Altuve 0-4
    No hits with RISP
    Urquidy allowed 4x as many baserunners (8) than K's (2)

The Ugly:

Still not a fan of Garneau
    Internet issues delayed the write up, but here as always

2. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I’ll take it! Grienke, McCullers, Urquidy is as good of a rotation in the postseason as present. I trust this offense will round into shape of years past.

Valdez, Javier, Paredes, Taylor, Scrubb, Pressly, Garcia have all proven themselves worthy of being counted on. James has a 1.59 era in September. Some good options in the pen. C. Perez should be considered for a spot. Raley panning out, Peacock returning would be nice.

RayRay10 and King1 like this.
  3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

How you regress on the road when there is no audience is a bit weird to me? It's just an empty field with cardboard cut-out fans. What's so difficult about that? It's still just a bat, a ball, and a playing field.

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ask the pitchers. Ask LMJ.

desihooper likes this.
  5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, no clue. I know they lost a bunch of leads late and in extra innings, but this team is playing like the 2015 team did with respect to the discrepancy in record (53-28 (home), 33-48 (away)). Just a weird year.

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Some of the cardboard cutouts are spooky. I remember a simpler American time when the only thing we were worried about one summer was the ghost boy haunting the set of Three Men and a Baby (but then found out it was just Ted Danson cardboard cutout).

[​IMG]

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Mariners lose in 11 innings. Astros magic number is down to 3.

8. raining threes

Not really, one of the Cards cheating employees is in a Federal Pen. Yet the Cards got less of a punishment than the Stros did for trash can banging.

King1 likes this.
  9. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

And it’s off to Seattle next. Astros finish with (7) road games

TWS1986 and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Would be funny if we completely melted down on this road trip and Seattle ended up taking second place in our division. But, I feel like we’re turning a corner and we’re trending in the right direction now.

Okay...it might not be so funny.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

You shhhhhhh! :eek:

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Would be somewhat unprecedented for a team to blow a 4 game lead with 7 games left. Not impossible... just extremely rare.

If the Astros win just one game against Seattle, it officially would require Seattle to run the table and the Astros to lose the rest of their games.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Let's go get a couple of games against Seattle and coast in to the playoffs... I was hoping these games would be moved to Houston due to the air quality up there, but it looks like the skies cleared up after seeing that Sunday night football game.

14. STR8Thugg

Dude what is this? In what universe would that be funny? You're on the hook until we clinch now. Geezus...

15. STR8Thugg

I imagine it's kind like taking a **** at your house vs. doing it in a public bathroom. Sure, if you gotta go you gotta go, but I'd much rather be on my home field for that kinda business.

jiggyfly, Surfguy and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Would be interesting to see what would happen if the Astros left Seattle without clinching. Mariners have to travel to Oakland for a 4 game set afterwards and Oakland would probably prefer to be the 3rd seed and play the Astros/Mariners, rather than the 2nd seed and play the better of Cleveland/Toronto. While Oakland can technically take the overall top seed in the AL...why would they want to play in the same bracket as New York/Minnesota.

My guess is Oakland tanks those 4 games...the Astros better not expect to back-in if they can't finish the job in the next 3 days.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Unlikely. The Astros needs quality reps to get their bats on track.