1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2020-21]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by primtim24, Sep 3, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks, I did the trade. KC may even use Williams to prevent CEH from wearing down (they also rested Hunt his rookie year).

peleincubus likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would try to package a RB or WR and Cam Newton down the line to another team for an upgrade at a position if possible.

I have a question.... in a 14 team 1/2 ppr would you use your 5th in line on waivers to drop Christian Kirk for Brandon Cooks? My receivers have their byes on the same week. Thielen and Brown with byes. And my other WR is the rookie Raegor on the eagles.

I may be wrong. But I feel like the upside with Cooks is pretty significantly higher than with C Kirk. I love saving that waiver wire though.

3. NewRoxFan

I was having a bit of trouble following you. But if the trade offer was his Watson and Carson for your Cam and Mostert I would pound the accept button before he came to his senses.

The other league. Add Hines. Best defined role through the season with Mack out. You need RBs, since Conner is a big question mark, Breida is almost worthless and well, all your RBs except CMC have big question marks. Drop Kirk. heck, drop Bridgewater if you have to for another RB.

Someone in one of my Sleeper leagues bid $95 (out of $200) for Gaskin. That's nuts. Howard comes back, Breida gets some use and Gaskin is at best a member of an ugly RBBC on a horrible team. Yech. Get Hines, hope that Fournette gets some run this weekend and looks good. RB problem solved.

Hope this answered your questions.

4. NewRoxFan

This week Kirk is ranked higher than Cooks, but ROS Cook is ranked higher but you have to ask if the chances that Cooks gets hurt is higher than Hopkins eating up all the WR and TE passing volume (that happened this past week). That said, Cooks arguably the WR1 (or WR1b) so yea, I guess I would make that switch.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

So is that a no on dropping Breida for Gaskin?

6. NewRoxFan

I wouldn't, in fact, I haven't (I have Breida on a team). MIA has to come to their senses and play Breida more.

7. NewRoxFan

I am in a ESPN league where I just saw both Anthony Miller and Mike Williams are both on waivers. My "worst" WR is Laviska Shenault... would you drop him and if yea, for which?

My WRs are Adams, Edelman, Godwin, Ridley, Lamb, Diontae Johnson, Jeudy, and the Dance Party.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I love Shenault. I wouldn't be surprised if Jacksonville starts getting him involved in the running game too. CU would run a lot of wildcat with him. I think he has a lot of upside

NewRoxFan likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

here's a tougher problem... in a 14 team SuperFlex. My RBs are Zeke, Conner, Boston Scott, Breida, Duke Johnson, and added Peterson off waivers Tuesday. My WRs are Kupp, Green, Gallup, Brandin Cooks, and Jeudy. My TEs were Jarwin (RIP) and Doyle (now hurt). Qbs are Watson and Burrow. It looks like Conner practiced today.

I'd like t offer Snell owner Cooks and Scott. I'd be willing to even Jeudy and Scott. Would either trade make sense (assuming Snell owner also sees the downside of a RBBC or job share (Snell can't catch passes, so Conner would at least be third down back, and Samuels still there when Conner is hurt).

10. NewRoxFan

Same team as above... I lost Jarwin week 1, and my backup TE is Doyle, and he has missed 3 practices including today with his own injury. So I will need to add a TE and the pickings are slim (Jimmy Graham, Greg Olsen, Irv Smith). To add one I will need to drop a RB (Matt Breida, Boston Scott, or Duke Johnson). Or drop Doyle.

I can wait until Saturday to see if Doyle practices since I doubt anyone will want one of the crappy TEs on waivers. But its less likely Doyle plays... so, who should I cut?

11. Lil Pun

Is Snell officially the started now?

12. Lil Pun

I'd drop Brieda for Graham in that situation.

13. Lil Pun

McCaffrey is my RB1. Who should I stick at RB2?

• D. Singletary vs MIA

• J. Conner vs DEN

• L. Fournette vs CAR

• B. Scott vs LAR

• N. Hines vs MIN

• M. Brieda/M. Gaskin vs BUF

14. NewRoxFan

Singletary.

I have an even worse choice (same team as the TE question)... Conner, Peterson (just picked off waivers), Breida, Duke Johnson, Boston Scott. I am going with Conner, and avoiding watching any coverage for the next few days.

15. mulletman

mulletman Member

Looking for some help at WR/TE in a 14 team PPR league. Lost 2 WRs to injury this weekend and need 2 to replace them (can start either TE or WR). Available options:

Evan Engram
    Jonnu Smith
    Tyler Higbee
    Mike Williams
    Scotty Milller
    Preston Williams
    Trequan Smith

Any suggestions?

16. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Help me Flex in 12 team Half PPR:
    Kareem Hunt vs WAS
    James Robinson vs MIA

17. Lil Pun

I'd definitely go with Robinson. He's gotten 16 rushes in each of the first two games and is playing the Dolphins who are near the bottom in rushing defense through 2 games this season.

McNultyisDrunk and NewRoxFan like this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

Down to the wire for half PPR....

Got two spots.... Mixon, Fournette, and Singletary. Who y’all got?

19. NewRoxFan

Sorry, just saw this. As someone that started Mixon and Fournette, and saw what Singletary did, the correct answer was "none of the above"...

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

Ended up winning due to Tyler Lockett.

NewRoxFan likes this.